West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 186036 times)

Offline crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie
Re: Next manager...
« Reply #1675 on: April 15, 2019, 12:22:50 PM »
you missed out managerless, rudderless and clueless.
Two of whicb are your opinion, which you are entitled to, but as with all football chat, its most based on what we believe and speculate and not what we actually know. We act like we've had a really bad season, and despite barnes going, question marks over the loyalty of our owner and a constant negativity on social media we are still getting results. Can't believe people can write us off for the playoffs yet. Maybe we should have been promoted, but lets be honest, is it a complete crisis?
Albion till i die, blue and white, the wolves are most definitely S***e!

Offline kendo

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1676 on: April 15, 2019, 12:32:56 PM »
If we get Jack Ross, do we have to pay Sunderland compo, or do they pay us for taking him away. What a load of rubbish this club are . No ambition what so ever, they have been a joke,not just for this season. Did they really think we could attract somebody as big as ALEX NEIL. I am trying really hard to get this club out of my system.l

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #1677 on: April 15, 2019, 01:55:20 PM »
Jack Ross sounds even less inspiring than Alex Neil did.

Whatever happens and whoever we appoint, Jenkins has to go in the summer.

This whole process has descended into an embarrassing farce.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1678 on: April 15, 2019, 01:59:26 PM »
It's clear Neal has used the widely publicised 'approach' to leverage his better deal with PNE
How much of what is being said is true no one knows and probably never will
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Offline BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1679 on: April 15, 2019, 02:14:17 PM »

We really are scrapping the barrel now, I can't believe how incompetent our board and owner really are.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Offline Pureade1

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #1680 on: April 15, 2019, 02:27:57 PM »
This board and ownership are destroying this club and if we as fans dont wake up and realise that if we dont get these incompetent fools out of our great club soon then the damage their mismanagement will takes many years to put right.

We cant even attract the likes of Alex Neil who to be honest is no great shakes as a manager then you have to ask why and there is only one reason - incompetent management by the hierarchy and an owner who couldnt care less about the club.

Lai Out!

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1681 on: April 15, 2019, 02:40:43 PM »
If we appoint Jack Ross, I think that would be it for me.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1682 on: April 15, 2019, 03:01:04 PM »
If we appoint Jack Ross, I think that would be it for me.
I'd rather have Tom Ross
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline 17GD

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1683 on: April 15, 2019, 03:05:27 PM »
I'd rather have Tom Ross

I'd rather have had Bob Ross. At least he could have painted a less bleak picture lol

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #1684 on: April 15, 2019, 03:10:27 PM »
Here's a novel idea
Why not leave it as it is now.
6 maybe 7 games to go, with the players we have available what can a new manager do in that space of time.
The players can only play one way. Their way.
Its a high risk strategy bringing in a new bloke at this stage of the season, he might shag it up altogether
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline Blowee

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1685 on: April 15, 2019, 03:13:40 PM »
I'd rather have had Bob Ross. At least he could have painted a less bleak picture lol
I'd rather Diana Ross if it's a choice. 😀

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1686 on: April 15, 2019, 03:19:50 PM »
so our choices are Dross or Bros ?   Only at the Albion !

I thought Dross had enough chances previously  ! ;D

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1687 on: April 15, 2019, 03:43:50 PM »
Alan Nixon on twitter is stating that Jokanovic is too expensive - as was Moyes. Then goes on to say the board need to need to 'get real' after not being able to tempt Neil here.

Maybe that will put to bed any hope of us getting in the ex Fulham boss anytime soon.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 03:58:27 PM by Mister AT »

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1688 on: April 15, 2019, 03:54:26 PM »
Alan Nixon on twitter is stating that Jokanovic is too expensive - as it Moyes. Then goes on to say the board need to need to 'get real' after not being able to tempt Neil here.

Maybe that will put to bed any hope of us getting in the ex Fulham boss anytime soon.

Jesus, we are in a parlous state then.

Shan till its too late
We're in a state
With our heads hanging down
Tony Pulis balked, Alan pardew walked
And Darren Moore fell down.......

Sorry  ::)

https://www.google.com/search?q=chantilly+lace+song&oq=chantilly+lace&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l5.6382j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Offline royhan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1689 on: April 15, 2019, 04:09:52 PM »
We are DOOMED with the present owner. Get out Lai. No-one wants you.

Offline darbolina

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1690 on: April 15, 2019, 04:23:42 PM »
Jenkins too. We need strategy not (just) financial management - his specialty.

Offline hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1691 on: April 15, 2019, 04:31:37 PM »
If  we are looking at that kind of appointment then we should be seriously looking at someone like Mark Robins way ahead of the Sunderland bloke !!!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1692 on: April 15, 2019, 04:42:52 PM »
If  we are looking at that kind of appointment then we should be seriously looking at someone like Mark Robins way ahead of the Sunderland bloke !!!

Saved SAF job, who knows, he might just save Jenkins’s. Poor attempt at irony :D ;D :D
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Tolerance, Understanding, Acceptance, Patience

Offline Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1693 on: April 15, 2019, 05:02:37 PM »
As I said at the time of DM's appointment, I think there was a degree of cynicism from the owners.  In appointing DM, if he succeeded, everyone was happy, if he didn't then the owners could blame him for the failure.  All the time not having to invest in a more experienced Manager.  As we head to the play-offs I cannot see any appetite to do more.  Meanwhile we understand from the E&S that Wolves are about to spend £40m on their next acquisition.  Even Villa have more ambition than we do.  We are in the play-offs for goodness sake, but we are still relying on our youth manager to run the first team.  This is madness.

Offline baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1694 on: April 15, 2019, 05:09:18 PM »
Alan Nixon on twitter is stating that Jokanovic is too expensive - as was Moyes. Then goes on to say the board need to need to 'get real' after not being able to tempt Neil here.

If you look at the tweet again, it's Nixon's opinion. he has no more idea on what's going on than anyone else.

Paying out the Pulis & Pardew contracts cost us an absolute fortune, I think I'd be a bit cautious before committing us to high value contracts again.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Offline baggie steve

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1695 on: April 15, 2019, 05:16:21 PM »

Wouldn't cost a fortune and he's done a good job with no funds for Coventry , always cones across very well when interviewed , destined for bigger and better than Coventry ..... Would sooner see us go for him than any of the merry go round type

Offline SirTonyM

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1696 on: April 15, 2019, 05:40:00 PM »
If you look at the tweet again, it's Nixon's opinion. he has no more idea on what's going on than anyone else.

Paying out the Pulis & Pardew contracts cost us an absolute fortune, I think I'd be a bit cautious before committing us to high value contracts again.

Pardews appointment is more baffling the longer you think about it. At least he and his mate Nicky Hammond got a good pay off for failing...

Offline superkev

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #1697 on: April 15, 2019, 05:46:49 PM »
if we are aiming low what about Paul Cook at wigwam, they play good football and fight for the manager
"

Offline royhan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1698 on: April 15, 2019, 06:54:31 PM »
It’s crazy that a club of our stature is supposedly looking in the bargain basement for a new manager. I hope these rumours are unfounded. If we are to attract quality yet unproven young players that won’t cost the earth we need a top class manager even if it means we pay more than we have done in the past.

Offline mr multivac

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #1699 on: April 15, 2019, 08:51:59 PM »
Surely a manager who is out of work and who wants to work would be better off coming to us for whatever is on the table than doing nothing for no pay , if they’re successful then if successful next contract would mean more money or at least makes them more
attractive to other clubs to come in with offers of more money