Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 243240 times)

Big Al

• Junior Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #1625 on: April 14, 2019, 06:29:35 PM »
I was just hoping a manager would come in so they could assess the squad properly before the summer, given the clearout that has to happen whichever league we are in.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1626 on: April 14, 2019, 06:29:54 PM »
According to the Sun on Sunday (!!) we are interested in Jack Ross from Sunderland

Cannot find the report online though
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1627 on: April 14, 2019, 06:31:46 PM »
According to the Sun on Sunday (!!) we are interested in Jack Ross from Sunderland

Cannot find the report online though

He's gathered 80 points but surely much like Moore, he's got easily the best team? Another no from me.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SirTonyM

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1628 on: April 14, 2019, 06:33:02 PM »
Only Albion could be 4th in the league with a chance of promotion and a few good players and get turned down by a manager with no budget at a mid table club :) Love it.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1629 on: April 14, 2019, 06:34:05 PM »
Let's start a rumour that Nigel Adkins is the new odds on favourite and that we'll be making an approach after the match on Friday. Just might unsettle things at Hull and work in our favour!

Funnily enough, always thought he was very hard done by at Southampton when they replaced him with Pochettino.  Obviously worked out well for Saints but Adkins was doing well at the time.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1630 on: April 14, 2019, 06:34:35 PM »
Only Albion could be 4th in the league with a chance of promotion and a few good players and get turned down by a manager with no budget at a mid table club :) Love it.
But we didn’t offer him the job did we?

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1631 on: April 14, 2019, 06:35:15 PM »
Lincoln manager is doing well....

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1632 on: April 14, 2019, 06:46:14 PM »
Lincoln manager is doing well....

Sorry - the Cowley brothers’ style of football would be totally rejected by our fans.

SirTonyM

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1633 on: April 14, 2019, 06:49:09 PM »

That will be what the club say now :)
Similar to when we came out after transfer deadline day and told everyone the manager didn’t want as many players as he had publically said he wanted :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:51:02 PM by SirTonyM »

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1634 on: April 14, 2019, 07:00:29 PM »
So now the manager/coach of little old PNE prefers them to us?!!!
I would just like to say a big thank you to Peace & his useful idiot Jenkins for turning my beloved club into a laughing stock. >:(

lewisant

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1635 on: April 14, 2019, 07:06:06 PM »
Odds now shortening on Shan, Carvalhal back in at third fav, with odds also shortening on Jokanovic, Wagner and Shakespeare.

Blowee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1636 on: April 14, 2019, 07:18:50 PM »
Odds now shortening on Shan, Carvalhal back in at third fav, with odds also shortening on Jokanovic, Wagner and Shakespeare.
Basically no one has a clue - including the board. I guess the best option is to stick with Shan and (assuming we make the playoffs) at least give him a chance to plan for a semi-final. The continual give him one game at a time isn't helpful for him or the players. Surely a strategy for hopefully a successful play off campaign needs at least that amount of stability?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1637 on: April 14, 2019, 07:24:34 PM »
You would think that a decent board would let Shan continue for the rest of the season whilst having the permanent man in the background ready to take over in May regardless of what league we are in.
Or is that too simplistic?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1638 on: April 14, 2019, 08:01:12 PM »
The point is this:

He asked Albion about assurances for money if we went up or stayed down.

Him signing a new deal at Preston tells you everything.

Personally didn't want him and that are better candidates out there IF we give assurances and pay the going rate.

If not, we will continue making ourselves look idiots and clueless.

Allegedly, we never made a formal enquiry, so I'm not sure we even got to discuss details.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1639 on: April 14, 2019, 08:08:07 PM »
Can’t help but think we’ve dodged a bullet with Neil, another of the boring British managers who are all about “passion” and hard work than actually bringing in talented footballers and implementing a tactical philosophy.

Hope for our sake it’s true that we never approached him, because if we did it’s extremely worrying that he chose to stay at a smaller club with a far lower budget.

Next appointment needs to be foreign, been saying it for years but it will never happen under this board, they never think outside the box and seem to be planning on a week by week basis this season.

BalisPen

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1640 on: April 14, 2019, 08:20:59 PM »
We truly being run by a bunch of idiots.

The manager situation is bad enough, but to run out of the most popular away shirt in years, a shirt they should have known has always been popular is symptomatic of the clueless way we are run.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1641 on: April 14, 2019, 08:21:23 PM »
Can’t help but think we’ve dodged a bullet with Neil, another of the boring British managers who are all about “passion” and hard work than actually bringing in talented footballers and implementing a tactical philosophy.

Hope for our sake it’s true that we never approached him, because if we did it’s extremely worrying that he chose to stay at a smaller club with a far lower budget.

Next appointment needs to be foreign, been saying it for years but it will never happen under this board, they never think outside the box and seem to be planning on a week by week basis this season.

This to me is the most concerning thing.

While we could argue where the H/C sits in the pecking order, clearly they sit close to the top.
I'm not sure I could be convinced that we couldn't compete on wages with PNE, which means that the PNE vision must have been more attractive than ours, & also Luton's vision must have been more attractive to GJ.

Have to say, I'm coming to a similar conclusion to other posters, that we either lack vision, or we're not communicating it very well.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1642 on: April 14, 2019, 08:30:26 PM »
A little non plussed by Neil not rocking up to be honest.
However, if we wanted him then I hope it's not the money that we baulked at !

What id concerning is the 'PLAN' ; the immediate plan the Board have after sacking Moore so long ago and the Play Offs looming ? WTF is going on up there ?
When are the owners going to talk to the fans ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Westie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1643 on: April 14, 2019, 08:42:57 PM »
I suspect that our esteemed owner won’t commit to a future budget for transfers, so whoever we appoint will struggle to build a new squad, especially if we happen to go up. If we find ourselves in the Premier League, we will probably be in or near the relegation zone by Christmas and our new head coach will be a gonner. I’m not surprised that Alex Neil has opted to avoid that scenario.

LAI OUT

gazberg

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1644 on: April 14, 2019, 08:46:00 PM »
Not worth ever betting on anything manager related with the Albion. Even odds on as this farce has shown. The only thing i ever betted on regarding us was when HRK was a free agent and no one was seriously interested in him. He was 14-1 i think to sign for us.

Free player who has not done much but had a decent tourney who wouldn't be too expensive in wages combined with our useless board =licence to print money. Easiest £140 ever made.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1645 on: April 14, 2019, 09:24:54 PM »
Theres a poor endorsement for the club if ever there was one.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1646 on: April 14, 2019, 09:36:06 PM »
This to me is the most concerning thing.

While we could argue where the H/C sits in the pecking order, clearly they sit close to the top.
I'm not sure I could be convinced that we couldn't compete on wages with PNE, which means that the PNE vision must have been more attractive than ours, & also Luton's vision must have been more attractive to GJ.

Have to say, I'm coming to a similar conclusion to other posters, that we either lack vision, or we're not communicating it very well.

Not sure the Luton/GJ comparison is relevant.  He was offered a chance to a number 1 rather than a number 2. 

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1647 on: April 14, 2019, 10:09:25 PM »
Not sure the Luton/GJ comparison is relevant.  He was offered a chance to a number 1 rather than a number 2.

Just the same, Luton owners have a massive vision for the club to be a major player in the town's resurgence. Certainly something I would be attracted to.

zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1648 on: April 14, 2019, 10:10:53 PM »
A
V
B

Gerrim in 😉
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1649 on: April 14, 2019, 10:21:34 PM »
A
V
B

Gerrim in 😉
😂 if only we were that ambitious
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,