West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 194908 times)

Online OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
Re: Next manager...
« Reply #900 on: March 27, 2019, 03:11:16 PM »
Brunty has been on 5 Live saying we've had 13 managers in 10 years.
A damming indictment if ever there was one

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/west-brom-ace-delivers-scarcely-believable-reveal-concerning-managerial-upheaval/

Need revolving doors fitting to the office entrance asap.

And how many of those have the senior players had an issue with ?
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #901 on: March 27, 2019, 03:56:48 PM »
And how many of those have the senior players had an issue with ?

And how many have left with a hefty wedge?  I reckon potentially 8 in 10 years (see below),  which is a very expensive way of conducting business, then add in all their staff and also the number of board members who have departed, its not really surprising the club is short of cash and we haven't even started on some of the CRAZY deals we have given players / agents

Roberto Di Matteo from 30 June 2009       
Steve Clarke
Keith Downing   
Pepe Mel
Alan Irvine 
Tony Pulis
Alan Pardew   
Darren Moore  to   9 March 2019   
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline NJS

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #902 on: March 27, 2019, 04:37:04 PM »
Reeling off how many managers we've had and of those how many we've had to dismiss because they have been found wanting seems a good argument for not making a new appointment in haste and waiting until the end of the season when a good manager is more likely to be persuaded out his current post.
Hales Owen born.  "No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude."  Karl Popper
"You can be so irrational at times." Mrs NJS

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #903 on: March 27, 2019, 09:55:12 PM »
Maybe the board could be given a list of 8 possible managers and asked yes/no for each, and if none of them got more than 50% they could come back on Monday...

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #904 on: March 27, 2019, 10:51:15 PM »
Maybe the board could be given a list of 8 possible managers and asked yes/no for each, and if none of them got more than 50% they could come back on Monday...

I'd rather we just crashed out with no manager...  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #905 on: March 27, 2019, 11:43:10 PM »
 ;D I am going to cause controversy here but I reckon Shan can do the job,especially if we stay in the Chumps.

He knows the Club and will bring the kids through like Harper,Leko,Edwards and Field.

If we go up keep him as a first team coach and bring in a good "foreign" manager,with refreshing ideas...not the "deadpan" British regulars, we seem to give starts to.

Offline Westie

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #906 on: March 27, 2019, 11:54:09 PM »
;D I am going to cause controversy here but I reckon Shan can do the job,especially if we stay in the Chumps.

He knows the Club and will bring the kids through like Harper,Leko,Edwards and Field.

If we go up keep him as a first team coach and bring in a good "foreign" manager,with refreshing ideas...not the "deadpan" British regulars, we seem to give starts to.

May as well have kept Big Dave, then!

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #907 on: March 28, 2019, 12:32:51 AM »
I have a great idea, I think we should have indicative voting on who should be our next Head Coach, well perhaps not. I’ll get we coot  ;D
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #908 on: March 28, 2019, 06:35:34 AM »
Reeling off how many managers we've had and of those how many we've had to dismiss because they have been found wanting seems a good argument for not making a new appointment in haste and waiting until the end of the season when a good manager is more likely to be persuaded out his current post.

That's 100% correct.
The only down side is that we all know we always go for cheap and cheerful.
I think the last manager we had that was already employed was DiMatteo.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #909 on: March 28, 2019, 07:22:50 AM »

I'd rather we just crashed out with no manager...  ;D
Any Norwegian managers out there? Or maybe even Canadian?;)

Offline Oslobaggie

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #910 on: March 28, 2019, 07:56:45 AM »
Tom Nordli is the Norwegian Tony Pulis. But he is empoyed at Skeid Oslo so I think we have to pay a release fee.

Offline VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #911 on: March 28, 2019, 09:02:33 AM »
May as well have kept Big Dave, then!

No. DM was clueless. Shan is a better option as he understands the importance of organising a defence.

Offline darbolina

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #912 on: March 28, 2019, 10:29:26 AM »
We got away with changing managers so much for a while when we had consistent coaches in the background. If the club go back to this approach then that's ok with me. It's us lurching from one person to another who brings in a whole new team each time and then starting again from scratch each time which is just plain stupid...................(we did this three times in one year - Pulis/ Pardew/ Moore!!!)

Offline baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #913 on: March 28, 2019, 10:54:30 AM »
I’m becoming more convinced by the no show of a new manager yet, we were hoping for Wagner and because of his HTFC contract conditions we’re trying to hold out til the summer now.. with odds of 22/1 tempting

Offline paulosull

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #914 on: March 28, 2019, 11:27:59 AM »

thought the same when Darren was appointed but senior players got their hands on him.

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #915 on: March 28, 2019, 11:43:48 AM »
I really hope we are not holding out for Wagner. His football is as bad as that of Mr. Pulis. If we were holding out for anyone you would hope it to be SJ, but I cannot see him taking over with us in the Championship and set to lose our best players.

Online FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #916 on: March 28, 2019, 12:59:41 PM »
No. DM was clueless. Shan is a better option as he understands the importance of organising a defence.

Does he though? Or is he just letting the players do what they want / are comfortable with, on the basis that he's a short term stop-gap?

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #917 on: March 28, 2019, 01:08:03 PM »
Does he though? Or is he just letting the players do what they want / are comfortable with, on the basis that he's a short term stop-gap?

Think you are close to the truth ther FallOut, there will be a short feel good factor with the appointment [if he does get the gig] then the inevitable will happen....again.

I am seriously losing the will to live with this club and board......
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Offline Mo

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #918 on: March 28, 2019, 01:21:43 PM »

Yes he does that’s why mid table Swansea would have scored 5 If Johnstone hadn’t been in fine form .

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #919 on: March 28, 2019, 02:02:12 PM »
Yes he does that’s why mid table Swansea would have scored 5 If Johnstone hadn’t been in fine form .

Said that before Mo, if they had bought their shooting boots on we would have lost that. Many think it was a good win, but I beg to differ, we were very lucky.....
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Online SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #920 on: March 28, 2019, 02:10:42 PM »
We rode our luck v Swansea but a win's a win and we're not giving the points back. Took our chances and they didn't, tough, we move on. Blues up next so let's hope for a much improved performance over the thing we churned out at their place with a view to getting another three points. COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #921 on: March 28, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »
Well, here’s an interesting theory for our owner and board of directors to ponder concerning our next Head Coach appointment, Occam’s Razor

Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that essentially states that "simpler solutions are more likely to be correct than complex ones." When presented with competing hypotheses to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions.

So, stick or twist?
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline GrumpyBaggie

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #922 on: March 28, 2019, 07:21:11 PM »
I think those expecting a quick appointment of a new manager are in for a disappontment.  I presume that Lai demanded heads should roll last week, so Jenkins wielded the axe before it occurred to him that we probably need to think about looking for a new manager rather than promoting internally. 
If they have even finalised a shortlist yet I would be amazed, and I do not expect a new manager to be announced much before the end of the next pointless international break.  I also do not expect him to be one of the top five bookies favourites.

Ok, I got it wrong again, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!  It was obviously ridiculous to expect a decision in such a short period of time.  Ii now seems likely that they will wait until Shan loses a game or two, and then appoint some even more junior coach.  but then again....

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #923 on: March 29, 2019, 10:23:09 AM »
Well, here’s an interesting theory for our owner and board of directors to ponder concerning our next Head Coach appointment, Occam’s Razor

Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that essentially states that "simpler solutions are more likely to be correct than complex ones." When presented with competing hypotheses to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions.

So, stick or twist?

Twist. There are a lot of assumptions to be made that somebody can step up. Shan has the disadvantage of coming after Moore so fans and the board will be cagey about inexperience. For me all roads should lead to Jokanovich. Proven at this level. Failed in his first Premier League attempt but we must look at objective number 1 - promotion!

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #924 on: March 29, 2019, 10:40:21 AM »
Shan says he wants the job, provided "it is right for the club" and Super Kev wants in as a coach. Both quoted in Mail today.