West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 72941 times)

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
Re: Next manager...
« Reply #1700 on: April 15, 2019, 08:55:04 PM »
Birmingham Live now understands that Jack Ross, the Scot, named PFA Scotland Manager of the Year after guiding St Mirren to the Scottish Championship title in 2018, and current Sunderland boss is not on Albion’s radar.

Phew!!
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Tolerance, Understanding, Acceptance, Patience

Offline gazberg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1701 on: April 15, 2019, 09:08:11 PM »
Great news

Offline VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1702 on: April 15, 2019, 10:06:14 PM »
Albions radar??? Albion do not have a radar.

Offline Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1703 on: April 16, 2019, 01:55:53 AM »
We are DOOMED with the present owner. Get out Lai. No-one wants you.
I wouldn't be upset with a new owner but I'd just like to point out a small fact about Albion.
We are only 7 games away from a place back in the Premiership.  I have given up caring who manages us as at this late stage I'm not sure they'd have any impact on the team anyway.
We're stuck with what we have and need to make the most of it. Lets just get behind the team, Shan and the tea lady and help them get over the line in 7 games.

Offline Jeremy Roland Peace

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1704 on: April 16, 2019, 08:12:23 AM »
Albions radar??? Albion do not have a radar.

is it cause we can't afford one ?

Offline crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1705 on: April 16, 2019, 08:39:23 AM »
I wouldn't be upset with a new owner but I'd just like to point out a small fact about Albion.
We are only 7 games away from a place back in the Premiership.  I have given up caring who manages us as at this late stage I'm not sure they'd have any impact on the team anyway.
We're stuck with what we have and need to make the most of it. Lets just get behind the team, Shan and the tea lady and help them get over the line in 7 games.
This is my point, we have a really good chance of promotion and we're in disarray as a fanbase. It's not the right time for it! If we fail to get promoted i can understand that, but out of the three relegated teams we've given it the best shot, and we just need to focus on getting to wembley now. Screw the mentality about playing villa in their form if we come up against them, its the playoffs, anything can happen.
Albion till i die, blue and white, the wolves are most definitely S***e!

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1706 on: April 16, 2019, 08:41:55 AM »

Absolutely correct, we probably only need to win two more games to return to the top flight
Notes from a small island!

Offline baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1707 on: April 16, 2019, 08:54:08 AM »
Absolutely correct, we probably only need to win two more games to return to the top flight

Provided it's the last two games
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Offline baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1708 on: April 16, 2019, 08:56:05 AM »
Surely a manager who is out of work and who wants to work would be better off coming to us for whatever is on the table than doing nothing for no pay , if they’re successful then if successful next contract would mean more money or at least makes them more
attractive to other clubs to come in with offers of more money

I'd be really disappointed, if the approach is this scattergun.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1709 on: April 16, 2019, 10:12:51 AM »
From the Birmingham Mail Online

West Bromwich Albion are finally set to clarify the club’s mystifying managerial situation in the next 24 hours.

Jimmy Shan has been in caretaker charge since Darren Moore was unexpectedly sacked, with the Baggies fourth in the table, on March 9.

Albion were strongly expected to make a play this week for Alex Neil, who took his Preston side to The Hawthorns on Saturday.

But the 37-year-old moved to rebuff a potential approach by signing a new three-year deal on Sunday.

Retaining Shan as interim boss for the rest of the season looks the most likely option for chief executive Mark Jenkins and technical director Luke Dowling, who are chiefly responsible for recruiting a successor to Moore.

I can see Brunty and Morrison taking on roles as Player / First Team Coach
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1710 on: April 16, 2019, 10:14:32 AM »
Provided it's the last tw azo games

Two out of the last three to be exact
Notes from a small island!

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1711 on: April 16, 2019, 10:16:36 AM »

West Bromwich Albion are finally set to clarify the club’s mystifying managerial situation in the next 24 hours.

Jimmy Shan has been in caretaker charge since Darren Moore was unexpectedly sacked, with the Baggies fourth in the table, on March 9.

Albion were strongly expected to make a play this week for Alex Neil, who took his Preston side to The Hawthorns on Saturday.

But the 37-year-old moved to rebuff a potential approach by signing a new three-year deal on Sunday.

Retaining Shan as interim boss for the rest of the season looks the most likely option for chief executive Mark Jenkins and technical director Luke Dowling, who are chiefly responsible for recruiting a successor to Moore.

If you were to pick outfield players to step up into the coaching, I would guess it would be Gareth Barry.

I fully expect to see us bring in a coach this week just to help out, I know we are a mess, but to literally go into the play offs with no experience in the coaching staff would be suicidal, especially if the option is there to bring one or two coaches in.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1712 on: April 16, 2019, 10:23:38 AM »
If you were to pick outfield players to step up into the coaching, I would guess it would be Gareth Barry.

I fully expect to see us bring in a coach this week just to help out, I know we are a mess, but to literally go into the play offs with no experience in the coaching staff would be suicidal, especially if the option is there to bring one or two coaches in.

I did think about Barry, but he would be IMO better deployed concentrating on playing, without the distraction of coaching at this time as when fit, he is more likely to feature than Brunt and Morrison.

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1713 on: April 16, 2019, 10:42:19 AM »

Probably take them 24hrs to think of some more plausible bull to feed us. Something like we never approached Neil and Chris Brunt was our No1 target all along.

Offline gazberg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1714 on: April 16, 2019, 12:04:11 PM »
Shan confirmed in charge till end of season on official site

Not like Albion to take the cheap option.

"Technical director Luke Dowling: “Jimmy has fully earned this opportunity to take us through to the end of the campaign. He has earned the support and confidence of the players who have bought into the structural and organisational changes... He has the backing of everyone." #wba"

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1715 on: April 16, 2019, 12:06:17 PM »
No sh1t Sherlock
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #1716 on: April 16, 2019, 12:06:47 PM »

I can see Mozza taking the role of first team medic.
He should know his way around the treatment room and all the equipment.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #1717 on: April 16, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »

Not like Albion to take the cheap option.

"Technical director Luke Dowling: “Jimmy has fully earned this opportunity to take us through to the end of the campaign. He has earned the support and confidence of the players who have bought into the structural and organisational changes... He has the backing of everyone." #wba"

Fantastic board.
Only took them 5 weeks to reach that decision.
What a team
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline gazberg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1718 on: April 16, 2019, 12:10:26 PM »
I really despair at this club sometimes. Absolute shambles.

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1719 on: April 16, 2019, 12:12:03 PM »
Awful news.

Start planning for next season in the Championship with a significantly depleted squad, chaps. This is not going to be pretty as the Seals laugh their proverbials off at us on the way to Wembley.

Offline gazberg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1720 on: April 16, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »
Yep, highly unlikely to be seeing any top flight teams at the Hawthorns for the next few years. Please let me be wrong.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:19:56 PM by gazberg »

Offline paulosull

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1721 on: April 16, 2019, 12:17:28 PM »
Board don't have to act because we are all but in play offs but what happens if we lose first game of play offs? If we don't go up Jenkins has to go a complete imbecile

Offline gazberg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1722 on: April 16, 2019, 12:18:43 PM »
So angry I only just noticed the bit saying he has the support of the players. Brilliant. Look where that got us.

Offline BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1723 on: April 16, 2019, 12:19:33 PM »
So angry I only just noticed the bit saying he has the support of the players. Brilliant. Look where that got us.

Until they blow the play offs and pin the blame on him.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Offline gazberg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1724 on: April 16, 2019, 12:21:21 PM »
Get Jenkins out, get the old boys out and if we are determined to start again let's do it properly.