West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Shamima Begum  (Read 6764 times)

Offline BB74

• Senior Baggie
Shamima Begum
« on: February 18, 2019, 09:16:14 AM »
One of the three Bethnal Green school girls who ran away to ISIS now wants to come ‘home’. What do we do?

The usual answer is revoke her passport- this simply isn’t possible due to the fact that International, EU and British Laws say we can’t render anyone stateless. If she had dual nationality then fine, but she doesn’t.

Senior figures are even saying if Begum gets to an Embassy/Consulate she will be assisted back to the UK.

I would just completely ignore her pleas but somehow I think because she left at the age of 15 she will be back here by the summer.

Offline ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Shamima Begum
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 10:01:44 AM »
It staggers me that - and this has been pointed out before - there are rumblings of 'everyone deserves a second chance' with this individual, placed alongside the image of Liam Neeson and the statement 'he should never work in Hollywood again'.

Funny thing perspective.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Offline tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 10:28:16 AM »
No remorse from her, no regret either, no denoucning, not fazed by beheadings. Says there is no evidence of her doing anything bad, but she doesnt say she is sorry for what happened, probably because she isnt. She has lost a baby already and wasnt asking to come home when she thought they were winning in Syria, now they are defeated and she is in a camp she wants to come home.

If she is allowed back in then there is going be uproar and revenge attacks against her and the family. Best she stays where she is becuase I for one do not want her back in this country
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Offline caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 10:30:39 AM »
if she returns and goes through the process of investigation of terrorism I've no problem with that but you know damn well she'll end up on benefits with a council property and all the help needed.
has she committed treason?

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 10:57:33 AM »
If she was allowed back into the country, I would imagine, she would then try to force our government to get her husband out of jail and bring him in because he is the father of her "British" child.
I just hope that we don't open up a can of worms.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 11:00:47 AM »
Saw something yesterday which is spot on.

You can go to a football match, getting a banning order without having a conviction and have to hand your passport in everytime there's a game abroad but you can go to Syria, fight for ISIS and come home with a clear name
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 11:11:42 AM »
I believe whatever the relationship, wife and husband, work colleagues, mates, priest and parishioners, country and citizens, once the trust has been broken it can never be again what it was.

Admitted she was only 15 years old when she left and a very intelligent one as I understand it, so she was aware of what she was getting herself into.

She has, no doubt, witnessed and maybe even at some level added and abetted some grotesque forms of terrorism perpetrated on innocent victims. She is now 19 years old and has broken, for me, a sacred trust between country and citizen, one could suggest she is guilty of High Treason, the punishment, if found guilty, is life imprisonment.

It is not clear whether she has duel nationality, if she has, her citizenship of the UK should be withdrawn, in that way we would not be breaking international law by making her stateless. And it would be someone else’s problem.
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 11:53:24 AM »
If law dictates we have to let her back in, so be it, she should the face the full weight of the law BUT there is absolutely no way we should aid her in getting back here.

The kid is the one I do feel sorry for as she is not fit to raise a child with her beliefs / ideology!
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline mikehy

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 11:55:27 AM »
Bring her back and hang her

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 11:59:51 AM »
Bring her back and hang her

does treason still allow for the death penalty?

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 12:40:08 PM »
I don't know whether anyone's come across it yet but there's a 'little' petition thingy in relation to this going on at the mo' on the UK Government and Parliament site. The petition target was for 100,000 signatures. It currently totals over 413,000 and is also rather conveniently linked below for those who'd like to sign it. Might come to something, might not. Worth a go for those who'd like their feelings to be known though.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/231521
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 12:48:37 PM »
I don't know whether anyone's come across it yet but there's a 'little' petition thingy in relation to this going on at the mo' on the UK Government and Parliament site. The petition target was for 100,000 signatures. It currently totals over 413,000 and is also rather conveniently linked below for those who'd like to sign it. Might come to something, might not. Worth a go for those who'd like their feelings to be known though.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/231521

The vile must have put me in a really good mood, on another thread i gave TP credit, now I'm going to give the legal beagles some credit!!

As i see it, the statement from the Government makes perfect sense and they should be applauded for it, I will sign the petition to voice my concern over letting the terrorists (for that is what they are) back, but I don't think any change in the law is necessary.

Offline Barrington

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 12:49:21 PM »
This whole situation will go on to prove again how soft British justice is in 2019.

She will be back here within months as the law states that she has the right to return. Not a lot you can do about that, lawfully.

Then she will be back and have an army of do-gooders, human rights lawyers and this barrister who has already piped up on her behalf using every trick in the book to claim how innocent she is. It'll be that she was too young to make the decision to go out there sensibly, she was brainwashed, she needs to be home and at liberty to look after her child etc etc etc.

She'll probably end up not being imprisoned at all, or just receive a soft couple of years or something.

Following the legal stuff (including whatever sentence given) which will probably cost hundreds of thousands or maybe millions, she'll have to be given a new identity, housing, financial help etc costing this country even more. Then she'll just go on to live a pretty normal life in relative terms.

Just wait and see.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 12:53:45 PM »
This whole situation will go on to prove again how soft British justice is in 2019.

She will be back here within months as the law states that she has the right to return. Not a lot you can do about that, lawfully.

Then she will be back and have an army of do-gooders, human rights lawyers and this barrister who has already piped up on her behalf using every trick in the book to claim how innocent she is. It'll be that she was too young to make the decision to go out there sensibly, she was brainwashed, she needs to be home and at liberty to look after her child etc etc etc.

She'll probably end up not being imprisoned at all, or just receive a soft couple of years or something.

Following the legal stuff (including whatever sentence given) which will probably cost hundreds of thousands or maybe millions, she'll have to be given a new identity, housing, financial help etc costing this country even more. Then she'll just go on to live a pretty normal life in relative terms.

Just wait and see.

Its the legal parasites that are problem, not the law, there are some cases which are not worthy of a defence, this being one, and lawyers taking those cases should be dis-barred in my opinion.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »
does treason still allow for the death penalty?

Under the law of the United Kingdom, high treason is the crime of disloyalty to the Crown.The last treason trial was that of William Joyce, "Lord Haw-Haw", who was executed by hanging in 1946. Since the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 became law, the maximum sentence for treason in the UK has been life imprisonment.

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »
It staggers me that - and this has been pointed out before - there are rumblings of 'everyone deserves a second chance' with this individual, placed alongside the image of Liam Neeson and the statement 'he should never work in Hollywood again'.

Funny thing perspective.

This is what you get with our liberal left led society, perspective would be a wonderful thing, unfortunately its all gone with the rise of the do gooders.
Notes from a small island!

Offline Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »
She said she doesn't regret going and didn't mine seeing heads in bins.

we don't need her back. We already have "one" in Birmingham

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 01:48:36 PM »
Leave her where she is and her child.
If she's allowed back the secret service will be watching her and her sprog for the rest of their days.
Wouldn't that money be better spent trying to get our NHS into some sort of shape?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline wbastrollers

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 02:10:04 PM »
I just heard on one of the radio stations - that she does not possess a passport!? She came to Syria on her sisters?.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 02:23:40 PM »
I just heard on one of the radio stations - that she does not possess a passport!? She came to Syria on her sisters?.

If that is true, would that, technically, make her stateless? And as such, not our responsibility?

Offline Barrington

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 02:37:12 PM »
No, it just means that they'll just knock her up a brand new passport and get it out to her, or probably require her to just get herself to a suitable embassy and prove who she is before they transport her home. Her family/lawyers will make sure people don't play silly beggars with her and pretend that they don't know who she is just because she isn't physically holding a passport.

Numerous cases of Brits being abroad on holiday and realizing they had someone elses passport or no passport at all, and miraculously they've all made it home.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2019, 02:47:54 PM »
Just read that Angela Merkel is going to take back ISIS fighters.

The problem with that is, theoretically, because of Schengen, they will be able to travel between 26 countries without challenge.

The world has truly gone mad if this is correct

Offline Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 02:51:27 PM »
She shows no remorse and it is difficult to feel massive amounts of sympathy for her, even given she was 15 when she left the UK, and she has a small child.  I was involved in the 7 July bombings in London and I note that one of the spouses of those bombers (Samantha Lewthwaite), went on to kill many other innocent people despite initially claiming she had no knowledge of her husband's plans. If we must have her back (and I accept that the law is the law), we should be watching like a hawk.  And no I would not be risking foreign office staff on a flight to Syria to bring her a passport.  If she got out there under her own steam she can get back similarly. 

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »
Just read that Angela Merkel is going to take back ISIS fighters.

The problem with that is, theoretically, because of Schengen, they will be able to travel between 26 countries without challenge.

The world has truly gone mad if this is correct

The same Merkel that opened the doors to let in migrants then promptly put the fences back up when she realised what a balls up she'd made
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline EastYorksAlbion

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2019, 03:17:17 PM »
She will be back in the country before long, maybe the Intelligence Services will be watching her, but within a year she will probably be loaded, newspapers will fight to pay her a fortune for her inside story, then the book deal and the sympathetic Channel 4 documentary. Before you know it she will be presenting Loose Women and onto I”m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, though lets face it, that would be a cake walk for her!