Author Topic: Shamima Begum  (Read 9017 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Shamima Begum
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2019, 10:44:22 PM »
Legal Aid doesn't come from our taxes, I don't think. The amount of funding is controlled, somewhat indirectly, through the government, but legal aid would come from the Legal Aid Agency, via her lawyers

Legal Aid Agency is just an arm of the Civil Service, it is entirely funded by the treasury, who's coffers are mostly swelled by taxation. No different to any other means tested benefit.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2019, 11:49:25 PM »

Legal Aid Agency is just an arm of the Civil Service, it is entirely funded by the treasury, who's coffers are mostly swelled by taxation. No different to any other means tested benefit.
#
Agreed. That is why I feel agrieved that we are being abused by paying for her and her family to sue us.

costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2019, 12:34:02 AM »
#
Agreed. That is why I feel agrieved that we are being abused by paying for her and her family to sue us.
Where does it say the family is suing?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2019, 01:41:58 PM »
#

Believe it is for an appeal...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2019, 04:15:52 PM »

Shamima Begum has apparently been flown back into the UK amid a press blackout.

ACCORDING to early sources on social media, Shamima Begum has been flown back to the UK under cloud of secrecy.

The so called ‘ISIS Bride’ has apparently been flown back to the UK after the country has been put under increasing pressure from its European counterparts to allow the entry of the 19 year old back into the country.

An apparent ban on all press coverage has been issued due to the girl’s safety and the potentially volatile nature of her arrival.

The alleged news of her arrival comes just weeks after British journalists have been given the right not to hand over any interviews conducted with the girl to the Anti Terror Police as authorities look to build a prosecution case for her defection to Syria.

The same sources on social media are reporting that she is being legally represented by the former Prime Minister Tony Blair’s wife Cherie Blair CBE QC, currently working as a barrister.

Conspiracy theorists are also claiming that the news has been unofficially buried under the current turmoil occurring in British politics.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2019/09/13/isis-bride-shamima-begum-flown-to-uk-amid-press-secrecy/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:16:38 AM by MarkW »

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2019, 04:55:43 PM »
If that is the case, it has opened the door for others to come back.

costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2019, 10:59:35 PM »
If it is true, the timing of the decision is impeccable.  ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2019, 12:46:54 PM »
been confirmed fake news. the source was a fb post being shared  >:(  ;D

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2019, 06:25:35 PM »
been confirmed fake news. the source was a fb post being shared  >:(  ;D

We’ll never know the real truth though will we.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2019, 09:05:18 PM »
Home Secretary Priti Patel has said Islamic State bride Shamima Begum will never be allowed to return to the UK.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2019, 09:57:33 AM »
Her lawyer told the Daily Mirror that she will argue she was a victim of rape by her husband.

https://news.sky.com/story/isis-bride-shamima-begum-appeals-against-loss-of-british-citizenship-as-she-tries-to-return-to-the-uk-11841671

skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2019, 10:05:13 AM »
Her lawyer told the Daily Mirror that she will argue she was a victim of rape by her husband.

https://news.sky.com/story/isis-bride-shamima-begum-appeals-against-loss-of-british-citizenship-as-she-tries-to-return-to-the-uk-11841671

Pity she didn't mention this on day 1.

I hope Priti Patel continues to abide by the original decision made by Sajid Javid
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2019, 10:13:53 AM »

What did she expect trolling off to join testosterone fueled terrorists. Painting classes?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2019, 10:29:46 AM »
Hire a hot air balloon for a cross Atlantic journey. Shamima Begum can provide the fuel. It'll be like the good old days of witch dunking with a twist. Guilty of being a waste of skin either way. It'll provide better and more environmentally friendly entertainment than most current reality TV shows with the added bonus of food for the sharks. Everyone's a winner, with the odd exception of course.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2019, 12:03:57 PM »
stay away you traitor
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2019, 04:45:42 PM »
I would bring her back and lock her up for a very long time.  In the current situation leaving her in Syria means at some stage she might finish up blowing up some poor family elsewhere in the world (or here if she can be smuggled back in).  Best place for her in my view is a British jail until we can be sure she poses no threat to us or anyone else.

skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2019, 04:58:49 PM »
I would bring her back and lock her up for a very long time.  In the current situation leaving her in Syria means at some stage she might finish up blowing up some poor family elsewhere in the world (or here if she can be smuggled back in).  Best place for her in my view is a British jail until we can be sure she poses no threat to us or anyone else.

Sorry Norfolk, I cannot agree with that. Why should we keep her at a cost to the taxpayer? She made her choice and made her feelings known. It was all fine and dandy when ISIS were a force. Now its fell apart she wants to come back? Absolutely not.
If she comes back and gets locked up, how long will it be for? Then we will have the 'do gooders' trying to get her out...…..
She is a terrorist who does not like the UK. That's all we need to know.
What have we done?
And what have we become

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2019, 05:14:47 PM »
Sorry Norfolk, I cannot agree with that. Why should we keep her at a cost to the taxpayer? She made her choice and made her feelings known. It was all fine and dandy when ISIS were a force. Now its fell apart she wants to come back? Absolutely not.
If she comes back and gets locked up, how long will it be for? Then we will have the 'do gooders' trying to get her out...…..
She is a terrorist who does not like the UK. That's all we need to know.

Its a fair point of view, my concern here is that if left alone over time she can link back up with ISIS and do further harm.  Leaving her where she is does not guarantee the risks she poses are neutralised, though if we had the option of leaving her in an isolated refugee camp I would surely take it.

KYA

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2019, 05:37:35 PM »
Its a fair point of view, my concern here is that if left alone over time she can link back up with ISIS and do further harm.  Leaving her where she is does not guarantee the risks she poses are neutralised, though if we had the option of leaving her in an isolated refugee camp I would surely take it.
Really such people should be "neutralised" removing the threat that you have highlighted but naturally such action would be frowned on by do-gooders.

skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2019, 05:56:18 PM »

She is a risk anyway, wherever she is, but there will be hundreds, if not thousands like her.

Providing she is not in UK and we as taxpayers are not keeping her then I am happy.
What have we done?
And what have we become

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2019, 06:33:32 PM »
What has me concerned is a few weeks ago it was rumoured and never denied by government that she had been spirited  into the country via by the backdoor . Crucially this was at the time of government losing vote after vote, good time to bury bad news perhaps but no individual should be used as a pawn by any government anywhere !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2019, 08:22:47 AM »

The government keep her incarcerated for years then announce to one and all that  she is no longer a threat and can be released.
She is then released and given a house. Opposite you!
Would you feel comfortable?

My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2019, 09:50:49 PM »
I would be happy for our "masterly inactivity" to continue on this one