West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Liam Neeson  (Read 1902 times)

Offline smethwick2

• Youth Baggie
Re: Liam Neeson
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2019, 12:31:22 PM »
Not that I defend his actions (I find racist behaviour sickening) but from listening to the interview it comes across he was explaining his mind set at the time and that he found his behaviour disgusting. Whether he set this publicity up is another question but a remorseful former racist is far better than a current racist which I don't think he is. On another note I have no idea how many black men lived in Ireland in the 1970's but I doubt it is many and I think unfortunately public opinion on race was very different then. Not that this condones it but I don't imagine he is the only person who has regrets their view point when they were younger

Offline BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2019, 12:35:49 PM »
It's another comment that was taken out of context by those who make money by being professional complainers.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2019, 12:51:11 PM »
I find it interesting that people who want the problem of racism solved, such as John Barnes and Whoopi Goldberg, are praising Neeson for his revelation and (especially in Barnes case) pushing for more discussion of the root causes of the mindset.

It's the younger generation, people my age and below, who are the problem. They take offence at everything on face value, never look into the historical context, and never want to forgive people their actions - even if its from 45 years ago. It's too 'problematic'.

It sometimes feels like my generation and the next have been infantilised, with an immature mindset that lacks understanding of subtlety, nuance, and context.

And then you have the people who have based careers on lecturing people about racism and virtue signalling...

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2019, 02:22:47 PM »
I find it interesting that people who want the problem of racism solved, such as John Barnes and Whoopi Goldberg, are praising Neeson for his revelation and (especially in Barnes case) pushing for more discussion of the root causes of the mindset.

It's the younger generation, people my age and below, who are the problem. They take offence at everything on face value, never look into the historical context, and never want to forgive people their actions - even if its from 45 years ago. It's too 'problematic'.

It sometimes feels like my generation and the next have been infantilised, with an immature mindset that lacks understanding of subtlety, nuance, and context.

And then you have the people who have based careers on lecturing people about racism and virtue signalling...

sorry, what is that ?
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2019, 02:32:25 PM »
sorry, what is that ?

The pejorative usage is empty or superficial support for certain views, for example thoughts and prayers posts on social media after a tragedy.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2019, 02:43:35 PM »

The pejorative usage is empty or superficial support for certain views, for example thoughts and prayers posts on social media after a tragedy.

Ah! got it thanks, all too common nowadays, guilty of it myself ironically on here mostly

ie, RIP total stranger
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 07:29:17 PM »
I agree with John Barnes on all this

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 08:04:33 PM »
I haven’t read all the ins and outs of this story, but as I understand it, it happened some years ago. So, why oh why make it public now?

Has making it public made a difference to the world and humanity? Or is it a bit of self indulgence?
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”