West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Stefan Johansen (on loan from Fulham)  (Read 7839 times)

Offline Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie
Re: Stefan Johansen (on loan from Fulham)
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2019, 04:07:10 PM »
He does week in, week out.
I watched in the pub Sat and said to a few lads there to watch how much time Livermore spends pointing, they were laughing their tits off! He spends the whole game telling other players where to go but not once does he put his hand up and WANT the ball himself. That's why, whoever plays next to him they are run ragged. Throw the petulant Brunt into the mix, constantly moaning and kicking the turf and there is no cohesion whatsoever. Johansen's lack of mobility is just the icing on the cake.
Our central midfield has been a joke all season (and before), only masked by the brilliance of Harvey Barnes and occasionally Rekheem Harper.

We looked decent in central midfield when Phillips was moved to the centre and Barry had a good run of games around the same time.

The defining moment of the season was losing both Barnes and Phillips around the same time at the turn of the year. I believe if we had lost just just one of them then we would be sitting in an automatic spot at this point. To lose both was devastating.

Offline Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2019, 04:29:26 PM »
I watched Fulham quite a lot last season and while they were an excellent unit I thought the only outstanding player they had was Mitrovic. Sessegnon was also excellent but was still a bit rough around the edges. From their midfield three a felt McDonald was their key player. Not a goal scorer and essentially a deeper lying midfielder but he barely put a foot wrong on the ball and with his passing and was integral to their possession football. I don't think he would have improved us though as Barry already carries out that role very well (when he's fit).

I never felt Johansen was anything more than a decent Championship midfielder. I also felt the same about Cairney, he never struck me as being particularly outstanding.

I felt Albion's squad at the start of the season was stronger than Fulhams. What Jokanovic managed there convinced me he is a superb coach and would possibly the best candidate for our next manager.

I would still prefer Johansen in midfield to Brunt or Morrison and probably Livermore however, but I think he needs a good run of games to get into his stride. Being that we only have a maximum of 8-9 games left I doubt we'll see the best of him this season unfortunately.

Offline Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2019, 06:14:19 PM »
 Better against Bristol City and better again Today , could be the missing link between midfield and the forwards .
Got to be better than Jrod struggling in midfield
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2019, 06:15:59 PM »
Played really well today Johansen he's getting better game by game. Starting to look a good player now.
Tears For Fears, Everybody Wants To Rule The World.

I can't stand this indecision, married with a lack of vision, Lai and Jenkins you are fking s h i t.

Offline jonny

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2019, 06:22:22 PM »
Thought he was MOTM today and was brilliant to watch a central midfielder burst through like that.
The cult of personality....

Offline iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2019, 06:36:29 PM »
Thought he was MOTM today and was brilliant to watch a central midfielder burst through like that.
I agree a good game for Stefan, but Dwight MOTM. They were our best two players at Bristol on Tuesday as well.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2019, 06:37:50 PM »
Shows the difference having a natural central midfielder who is more than just a defensive body can do for the team, his best game for us today.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline BalisPen

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2019, 06:42:35 PM »
Played very well today and was good on Tuesday too.

He needed a run of games and hopefully he keeps getting better.

Great see MP back as well, and if he can rediscover his form from the start of the season we will have a chance against anyone in the play offs.

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2019, 10:38:09 PM »
Looked good the last two games.

Hopefully hitting the form at the right time just before the playoffs.

Would be happy if we could get him on a perm.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2019, 10:49:51 PM »
Always said he needed a run of games. While he's not as good as Cairney he will hopefully come to the fore in a trio with Brunt and Phillips in our last 7 matches.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2019, 11:00:30 PM »
For the next game or two I'd keep Johansen as the more advanced of the three, as he was today. He showed high workrate and quality today. That would mean Brunt and yes Livermore slightly deeper. Use Phillips off the bench for the next couple...he may stay fit for longer.

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2019, 11:01:28 PM »
Was excellent today. Is starting to give us much needed energy from midfield

Offline gazberg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2019, 11:10:55 PM »
Glad he's coming into things now. Out of all the Jan signings i had high hopes for this one but he arrived completely rusty and unfit and things seemed to go from bad to worse but at this level he can be a big asset.

Offline BalisPen

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2019, 11:11:50 PM »
Looked good the last two games.

Hopefully hitting the form at the right time just before the playoffs.

Would be happy if we could get him on a perm.

I may be wrong, but I think he is on a free in the summer, so maybe a good signing if he keeps it up.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2019, 11:48:35 PM »
I may be wrong, but I think he is on a free in the summer, so maybe a good signing if he keeps it up.

I think Fulham have a 1 year option.

He has been garbage for the most part of his loan but was easily Man of match v Bristol and a contender today. Seems to look fit and has found form just in time for play offs.
O Albion we love you

Offline overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2019, 07:10:06 AM »
I think Fulham have a 1 year option.

He has been garbage for the most part of his loan but was easily Man of match v Bristol and a contender today. Seems to look fit and has found form just in time for play offs.

They did have, but I’m sure they needed to exercise it before 31 December but didn’t do so.

Offline johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2019, 08:14:19 AM »
They did have, but I’m sure they needed to exercise it before 31 December but didn’t do so.

He going to have options, even if he doesn’t keep up yesterday’s performance so I can’t see him signing here with all the uncertainty. My guess would be he will resign for Fulham’s next manager on a higher wage.

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2019, 09:43:15 AM »
Always said he needed a run of games. While he's not as good as Cairney he will hopefully come to the fore in a trio with Brunt and Phillips in our last 7 matches.

Last 7 - like it! Positive thinking, we need that around here!

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2019, 03:38:23 PM »
He was brilliant yesterday. I said it a good few weeks ago that you just needed to keep playing him until he was back up to speed but Moore kept benching him in favour of the completely ineffectual Livermore.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2019, 07:37:46 PM »
Starting to look like the type of player I was hoping he was when he came here in January
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline AlbionBest

• WBA Coach
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2019, 08:32:01 PM »
He's a class act at this level as we saw last season.
Took him a few games to get going but I think he's been, arguably, close to our Man of the Match in the last three games.
Could be a massive player for us in the Play Offs.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Offline cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2019, 08:24:50 AM »
He's a class act at this level as we saw last season.
Took him a few games to get going but I think he's been, arguably, close to our Man of the Match in the last three games.
Could be a massive player for us in the Play Offs.

Begs the question as to why we didn't sign him. He wanted a permanent deal with us.
I know the answer is money but sometimes you have to speculate.

I'd rather a transfer fee than a dead loan fee.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2019, 08:37:16 AM »
Begs the question as to why we didn't sign him. He wanted a permanent deal with us.
I know the answer is money but sometimes you have to speculate.

I'd rather a transfer fee than a dead loan fee.

Does make you wonder doesn't it. I have seen a few people say he wanted a permanent move in January, and if he is out of contract that seems a silly move by us to not do a deal at that point.

I suppose it does back the claims I have heard elsewhere that DM and GJ weren't too keen on signing him in the first place.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »
We need all our players to hit a run of form now over the next 6 or 7 games if we hope to win the play offs.
Phillips, Hegazi, Gibbs, Brunt, Gayle and Jrod all need to be on their A games
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2019, 11:17:28 PM »
Is looking a seriously good player now. I'm becoming a groupie.

I we don't go up we should sign him and build the team around him.

Discuss.
Tears For Fears, Everybody Wants To Rule The World.

I can't stand this indecision, married with a lack of vision, Lai and Jenkins you are fking s h i t.