Author Topic: Car crash  (Read 3813 times)

BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Car crash
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 02:23:22 PM »
Any one else finding it aa bit 'off' about someone constanly chasing being in the public domain because they were in a car accident with a minor royal?

Pound to a penny there is someone from a red top rag pulling her strings in the background in exchange for some cash

Good luck to her. Phillip is only in the papers because of who his wife is.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

The Tank

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 05:41:43 PM »
Shows a massive degree of arrogance. Lucky not to have killed the people in the oncoming vehicle, and back driving the day after... with no seatbelt! No consideration of the safety of others.  I thought you got points on your licence for no seatbelt?  Big fan of the royals generally, but everyone needs to obey the same rules.

Most ordinary subjects would be a month wrangling with their insurance company getting a replacement car, let alone a bespoke top of the range prince mobile.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2019, 08:29:28 PM »
Most ordinary subjects would be a month wrangling with their insurance company getting a replacement car, let alone a bespoke top of the range prince mobile.
Apparently the one he wrote off was an armoured car, hence he only got minimal injuries, would they have another one of them on standby just in case?
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 11:42:24 AM »
Any one else finding it all a bit 'off' about someone constanly chasing being in the public domain because they were in a car accident with a minor royal?

Pound to a penny there is someone from a red top rag pulling her strings in the background in exchange for some cash

Not sure the Queens husband can be described as a minor royal! Didn't they just highlight the fact that they hadn't received an apology?

Sadly though I'm sure you are right about someone from a red top being involved.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 11:52:16 AM »
Whilst I have no time for the Royals, I have even less time for people coming out and saying this and that because a royal was involved. We would never know about this accident if it were not for HRH.

No doubt the compensation word will be mentioned soon.
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2019, 02:41:00 PM »
I believe from reading this thread there is, in some quarters, a misguided concept that because younger drivers cover more miles per year they are, as a result, more likely to be involved in more accidents, I suspect that is based on guesswork rather than fact. Purporting guesswork is disingenuous to the older motorists. In fact, young car drivers made up 18% of all drivers involved in reported car accidents in 2013 and is considerably higher than the 5% of miles they account for.

So, for those requiring context and perspective, according to research and a report from The Department of Transport published in June 2015 the guesswork mentioned previously has not a shred of factual legitimacy, quite the opposite is true. (See the link below) The figures contained in the report are illuminating in many aspects and the trend suggest that younger drivers reported road accident figures have fallen significantly since 1990’s from 90,000 accidents down to 30,000 per year and there are many reasons for this.

All things being equal, at the time a driver takes out his motor insurance, who pays the highest insurance premiums? It’s the younger drivers and there is a reason for that. To have an opinion that older motorist are lesser drivers than younger drivers is, in my opinion, a flawed concept as the statistics prove. Research shows that younger driver’s reactions times whilst driving are faster  than older people, but the combination of youth and inexperience puts younger drivers at higher risk. Their inexperience means they have less ability to spot hazards, and their youth means they are particularly likely to take risks. In this way, crash risk reduces over time with age and experience.

I’m not saying that the time isn’t approaching when Prince Phillip should consider hanging up his driving gloves, but statistical he is less of a risk than younger drivers aged 17 to 24 years of age and statistically less likely to kill another road user.

it is also worth noting that,

1)   Young and novice drivers are overrepresented in road collisions in Great Britain (GB) and worldwide.
2)   22% of fatalities on GB's roads in 2011 occurred in collisions involving a driver aged 17 to 24 years old.
3)   In 65% of these collisions the fatal injuries were sustained by passengers or road users other than the young driver.

I’m sure even Mark Twain would have conceded these stats are not bolstering a weak argument, they support robust data and facts, stats hey?

The point of all this? Individually there are good drivers and not so good drivers and any age group or gender group doesn’t necessarily have a monopoly either way and it would be wrong to think they do in my opinion

I’ll jog on to something new now, bye!

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/448039/young-car-drivers-2013-data.pdf
Prediction, we are heading for a hung parliament

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2019, 02:55:21 PM »
I believe from reading this thread there is, in some quarters, a misguided concept that because younger drivers cover more miles per year they are, as a result, more likely to be involved in more accidents, I suspect that is based on guesswork rather than fact. Purporting guesswork is disingenuous to the older motorists. In fact, young car drivers made up 18% of all drivers involved in reported car accidents in 2013 and is considerably higher than the 5% of miles they account for.

So, for those requiring context and perspective, according to research and a report from The Department of Transport published in June 2015 the guesswork mentioned previously has not a shred of factual legitimacy, quite the opposite is true. (See the link below) The figures contained in the report are illuminating in many aspects and the trend suggest that younger drivers reported road accident figures have fallen significantly since 1990’s from 90,000 accidents down to 30,000 per year and there are many reasons for this.

All things being equal, at the time a driver takes out his motor insurance, who pays the highest insurance premiums? It’s the younger drivers and there is a reason for that. To have an opinion that older motorist are lesser drivers than younger drivers is, in my opinion, a flawed concept as the statistics prove. Research shows that younger driver’s reactions times whilst driving are faster  than older people, but the combination of youth and inexperience puts younger drivers at higher risk. Their inexperience means they have less ability to spot hazards, and their youth means they are particularly likely to take risks. In this way, crash risk reduces over time with age and experience.

I’m not saying that the time isn’t approaching when Prince Phillip should consider hanging up his driving gloves, but statistical he is less of a risk than younger drivers aged 17 to 24 years of age and statistically less likely to kill another road user.

it is also worth noting that,

1)   Young and novice drivers are overrepresented in road collisions in Great Britain (GB) and worldwide.
2)   22% of fatalities on GB's roads in 2011 occurred in collisions involving a driver aged 17 to 24 years old.
3)   In 65% of these collisions the fatal injuries were sustained by passengers or road users other than the young driver.

I’m sure even Mark Twain would have conceded these stats are not bolstering a weak argument, they support robust data and facts, stats hey?

The point of all this? Individually there are good drivers and not so good drivers and any age group or gender group doesn’t necessarily have a monopoly either way and it would be wrong to think they do in my opinion

I’ll jog on to something new now, bye!

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/448039/young-car-drivers-2013-data.pdf

you cannot say gender isn't an issue and then use insurance premiums as part of your argument,

females pay less than men, so gender is a factor, at least according to the insurance industry.

So on the basis of this little old ladies are the safest drivers ?!!   :-\ :-[ :-\

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2019, 03:01:09 PM »
you cannot say gender isn't an issue and then use insurance premiums as part of your argument,

females pay less than men, so gender is a factor, at least according to the insurance industry.

So on the basis of this little old ladies are the safest drivers ?!!   :-\ :-[ :-\

Did you read the report?

And where did I say gender wasn't an issue?

NJS

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2019, 03:35:52 PM »
The problem for old people giving up driving is that in many parts of the country (i.e. not London and other big cities) public transport is abysmal and there really is no alternative unless you want to live a very constricted existence and spend a long time waiting for buses or trains that are late or cancelled.  Not looking forward to it.
Hales Owen born.  "No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude."  Karl Popper
"You can be so irrational at times." Mrs NJS

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2019, 03:39:19 PM »
Did you read the report?

And where did I say gender wasn't an issue?

and any age group or gender group doesn’t necessarily have a monopoly either way and it would be wrong to think they do in my opinion

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2019, 03:44:52 PM »
and any age group or gender group doesn’t necessarily have a monopoly either way and it would be wrong to think they do in my opinion

I think had you quoted all the sentence "The point of all this? Individually there are good drivers and not so good drivers and any age group or gender group doesn’t necessarily have a monopoly either way and it would be wrong to think they do in my opinion" that should give the context you seek

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2019, 03:53:29 PM »
I think had you quoted all the sentence "The point of all this? Individually there are good drivers and not so good drivers and any age group or gender group doesn’t necessarily have a monopoly either way and it would be wrong to think they do in my opinion" that should give the context you seek

I thought the general tenant of your point was that people have been incorrectly thinking that old = accident and you posited that insurance premiums would argue otherwise, if I got that wrong i apologise.  You old fart  :D

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2019, 04:12:04 PM »
I thought the general tenant of your point was that people have been incorrectly thinking that old = accident and you posited that insurance premiums would argue otherwise, if I got that wrong i apologise.  You old fart  :D

Yes, that was the general theme. The Insurance Premiums bit is fact, younger people, in generally, pay higher premiums because insurance companies consider them a higher risk, do you think that I've incorrectly stated that? However, I think if you read the whole of the report in the link it does unquestionably support that younger people, pro rata, have a higher proportion of accidents than older drivers.

In the sentence you queried towards the end of the post, I wa referring to "individuals" of all age groups and genders making the point that there are good drivers and not so good drivers in all groups. Hope that clarifies the points for you, "your young  flatulenceship"  ;D

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2019, 09:19:58 PM »
Prince Philip has voluntarily surrendered his driver's license, Buckingham Palace said in a statement weeks after the 97-year-old was involved in a car crash

Sensible move

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2019, 09:22:50 PM »
Prince Philip has voluntarily surrendered his driver's license, Buckingham Palace said in a statement weeks after the 97-year-old was involved in a car crash

Sensible move

Apparently Gareth Barry is going to be driving him round after he hangs up his boots  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2019, 10:15:27 PM »

Sensible move
He can afford a chauffer (Spelling).

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2019, 11:10:16 AM »
I see the police are taking no further action against Phil the Greek
Shock !  :o Horror! :o Surprise!  :o
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2019, 12:43:09 PM »
I see the police are taking no further action against Phil the Greek
Shock !  :o Horror! :o Surprise!  :o

Give him life, cell will be free in weeks (sorry, thats not treasonous is it??)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2019, 04:16:46 PM »
Did we expect anything else?

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2019, 05:21:36 PM »
Did we expect anything else?

In fairness I wouldn't expect them to treat any other 97 year old differently.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 05:06:40 PM »
Prince Philip crash victim who criticised royal after collision faces driving charges

Should have kept her mouth closed, the Tower awaits

Spoiler, the charges are not related to the accident with HRH in January, but why spoil a good headline with truth and facts

Source: https://news.sky.com/story/prince-philip-crash-victim-who-criticised-royal-after-collision-faces-driving-charges-11696382

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2019, 05:54:15 AM »
Well, I hope she's going to apologize for putting the public at danger..................

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2019, 11:46:35 AM »
A woman who criticised the Duke of Edinburgh after their cars collided near Sandringham has been banned from driving for six months

No further comment required

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2019, 12:20:20 PM »
A woman who criticised the Duke of Edinburgh after their cars collided near Sandringham has been banned from driving for six months

No further comment required

Totally unrelated, she has been done for 2 cases of speeding and failing to identify the driver in each case, both well before the accident with Prince Philip. Only got herself to blame.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2019, 12:23:44 PM »
Totally unrelated, she has been done for 2 cases of speeding and failing to identify the driver in each case, both well before the accident with Prince Philip. Only got herself to blame.

Yes you are correct and a link to those case is included in one of my posts above