West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Car crash  (Read 3553 times)

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach
Car crash
« on: January 17, 2019, 07:03:58 PM »
If the Duke is found out to have caused the accident, will he be prosecuted in the Queen's royal courts?

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
Re: Car crash
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 07:40:04 PM »
If the Duke is found out to have caused the accident, will he be prosecuted in the Queen's royal courts?

Behave, you know it won't be Phils fault
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline royhan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 07:51:51 PM »
He shouldn’t be driving at his age. In any event he should have enough common sense not to do so.

Offline Barrington

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 08:02:33 PM »
I trust that he was breathalyzed as I understand that this is common procedure when police attend a traffic collision nowadays?

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 08:31:28 PM »
Standard practice,all drivers are breathalysed in a vehicle crash.

Offline BB74

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 08:39:58 PM »
Police say he was breathalysed at the scene. Bet that was fun, i still think it would have been swept under the carpet if he was over.

Offline albion59

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 09:49:05 PM »
He shouldn’t be driving at his age. In any event he should have enough common sense not to do so.
Why shouldn't he? It is perfectly legal.

Offline BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 11:18:50 PM »
I saw the title and thought politics was banned. Just caught up on accident that occured, something in the air two old dears have tried to force me into an accident today.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Offline gerry m

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 07:48:24 PM »
Police say he was breathalysed at the scene. Bet that was fun, i still think it would have been swept under the carpet if he was over.

I think it's fair to say you could bet your house on that!

Offline B_H_Baggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 06:21:28 PM »
Why shouldn't he? It is perfectly legal.

Although perfectly legal I do believe we should be looking into bringing in a test for people every so often for those over a certain age to make sure they are still up to driving.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 06:54:22 PM »
Although perfectly legal I do believe we should be looking into bringing in a test for people every so often for those over a certain age to make sure they are still up to driving.
I totally agree. I have said this for some years, and I am 70 now.
Should have to pass the theory test every 6 years and an actual road test every 3 when their licence comes up for renewal.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 08:44:05 PM »
It would appear, from Government Statistics, that Prince Phillip is in an age group that are the safest drivers on the road

“It is clear to see from data released by Gov.uk last year, that drivers aged 20–29 pose the most risk on our roads. With dramatically higher figures than any other age group, drivers in their twenties were last year involved in 20,841 road incidents of all severities – considerably higher than any other age group and drastically greater than road incidents of all severities involving drivers aged 70–79 (3,254) and road incidents involving drivers aged 80 and over (1,939.)”
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 09:00:14 PM »
It would appear, from Government Statistics, that Prince Phillip is in an age group that are the safest drivers on the road

“It is clear to see from data released by Gov.uk last year, that drivers aged 20–29 pose the most risk on our roads. With dramatically higher figures than any other age group, drivers in their twenties were last year involved in 20,841 road incidents of all severities – considerably higher than any other age group and drastically greater than road incidents of all severities involving drivers aged 70–79 (3,254) and road incidents involving drivers aged 80 and over (1,939.)”

Totally unsurprised by these statistics.

Does somebody who has had a clean driving license for 50+ years deserve to be subject to completely alien theory and practical tests because of their age? When a 17 year old could cause a major accident 6 months into their license and not have any of those sorts of consequences.

Then there's the issue of drink drivers and those under the influence of drugs. If caught once should they not be subject to more stringent punishments? In my experience those who will drive under over the legal limit, don't stop after being caught once and they are arguably the most dangerous on the roads.

Medicals, fair enough. Something along a fit to drive aptitude, whereby someone demonstrates their ability to drive in much less of a test environment... fair enough.

People who think that anyone would ever fail a Royal subject to these mind... well...

Plus. Why is it that it takes Prince Phillip to cause a non-fatal crash to explore this and not an everyday occurrence that gets far less publicity?

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 09:02:47 PM »
I would imagine there are far more 20-29 year olds driving many more miles than the 80-99 year old demographic... Stats hey?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 09:30:07 PM »
I would imagine there are far more 20-29 year olds driving many more miles than the 80-99 year old demographic... Stats hey?

And then of course there are these stats

“What’s more, though drivers aged 17-19 only make up 1.5% of UK license holders; they are involved in 9% of fatal crashes where they are the driver – and altogether, drivers under the age of 25 cause 85% of all ‘serious injury’ accidents therefore, disproportionally effecting insurance claims. In fact, last year, a report by the Department for Transport released statistics detailing the number of fatalities and killed or seriously injured collision cases involving young car drivers specifically (aged 17 – 24-years-old), which altogether amounted to 4,561 incidents. ”

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2019, 09:36:39 PM »
And then of course there are these stats

“What’s more, though drivers aged 17-19 only make up 1.5% of UK license holders; they are involved in 9% of fatal crashes where they are the driver – and altogether, drivers under the age of 25 cause 85% of all ‘serious injury’ accidents therefore, disproportionally effecting insurance claims. In fact, last year, a report by the Department for Transport released statistics detailing the number of fatalities and killed or seriously injured collision cases involving young car drivers specifically (aged 17 – 24-years-old), which altogether amounted to 4,561 incidents. ”

Ah totally different parameters. Love a bit of whataboutery!!

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 09:41:16 PM »
My nan stopped driving last year at the age of 91, didn't want to but had to as she went into the back of someone. It could have been nasty as she in our opinion was not fit to drive but wouldn't listen at all, luckily no-one was hurt only her pride really, the car was practically a right off but not quite and that was the way we got her to stop by telling her it was not safe to use anymore.

Her GP did not once declare her unfit to drive despite her having heart problems with a pacemaker fitted etc. Maybe time for anyone of that age to have regular medical checks to see if they are actually fit to keep their licence.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 09:45:47 PM »

Ah totally different parameters. Love a bit of whataboutery!!

I would have thought the common link between the two sets of stats was fairly clear, obviously not. Ah well never mind eh  ;D

Offline Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 09:52:43 PM »
My nan stopped driving last year at the age of 91, didn't want to but had to as she went into the back of someone. It could have been nasty as she in our opinion was not fit to drive but wouldn't listen at all, luckily no-one was hurt only her pride really, the car was practically a right off but not quite and that was the way we got her to stop by telling her it was not safe to use anymore.

Her GP did not once declare her unfit to drive despite her having heart problems with a pacemaker fitted etc. Maybe time for anyone of that age to have regular medical checks to see if they are actually fit to keep their licence.

This is definitely the way to go in my opinion.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 09:58:32 PM »

My father-in-law, who is 92, reluctantly, gave up driving last year. I understand it’s a big thing for older people as it’s stripping away another layer of their independence making them feel useless, well that’s how he felt. Fortunately, he eventually agreed it was the best thing for everyone. But he still yearns for his car and the independence it provided him with.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 10:34:44 PM »
Norfolk police have spoken to the 92 year old today after he was filmed driving yesterday without a seatbelt,
If he had a burberry cap and was 23 years old they would more than "talk to him"

Shouldn't be driving on the public highway, cavalier attitude from him and those around him IMO
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2019, 10:40:08 PM »
Norfolk police have spoken to the 92 year old today after he was filmed driving yesterday without a seatbelt,
If he had a burberry cap and was 23 years old they would more than "talk to him"

Shouldn't be driving on the public highway, cavalier attitude from him and those around him IMO

Aye, also despite it not being reported it seems quite obvious he's pulled out into an oncoming vehicle.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2019, 10:42:09 PM »

Aye, also despite it not being reported it seems quite obvious he's pulled out into an oncoming vehicle.

yes, very lucky he hasn't killed some innocents
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 07:39:15 AM »
Shows a massive degree of arrogance. Lucky not to have killed the people in the oncoming vehicle, and back driving the day after... with no seatbelt! No consideration of the safety of others.  I thought you got points on your licence for no seatbelt?  Big fan of the royals generally, but everyone needs to obey the same rules. 

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 02:02:35 PM »
Any one else finding it all a bit 'off' about someone constanly chasing being in the public domain because they were in a car accident with a minor royal?

Pound to a penny there is someone from a red top rag pulling her strings in the background in exchange for some cash
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:40:52 PM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)