West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Team  (Read 959 times)

Online koren

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
Team
« on: January 12, 2019, 05:22:37 PM »
Hope Harper keeps his place and Philips back to right wing. We need pace on the front after Barnes left.
No more Gayle at left wing please.

Johnstone

Holgate     Dawson      Hegazi      Gibbs

Harper   Barry    Brunt

Philips     Gayle    J-Rod
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:29:58 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

Offline Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Team
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 08:40:35 AM »
It's too early to name a team for this game. We have no idea if anyone will leave or come in for a start so I'll refrain from picking my team for now. What I will say is:

Holgate               Dawson                     Hegazi                    Gibbs

Barry

Gayle (left or right depending)

These six are absolutely critical to us. I wouldn't swap any one of them for anyone else in this division. You could add Phillips to that list but what's going on with him is anyone's guess and whether he should now play further forward in the Barnes role is another relevant question.

The others are all replaceable potentially. Don't get me wrong I don't expect to see four or five players coming in upgrading on the existing players we have and I don't expect a mass exodus either, just making a point.

I'll pick my team much nearer to the game.

Offline smethwick2

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 01:26:47 PM »
Hope Harper keeps his place and Philips back to right wing. We need pace on the front after Barnes left.

Johnstone

Harper   Barry    Brunt

If Holgate can continue to play as he did in his first 2 games then I would hate to be the LB playing against him and Phillips in that formation. Our right wing has the ability to go past anyone in the division and if they don't will likely put an excellent ball in. Jonathan Grounds is the usual Bolton LB but he is poor and can't get into the Blues team, DM should target him and get the ball down the right as often as possible. All depends on Phillips fitness though I suppose

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 01:33:23 PM »

Johnstone

Harper   Barry    Brunt

Yep,
I would go with that. If Phillips not fit, then go with Edwards or Sako. HRK has had his good game for the season.
Still leaves us nowt off the bench though and highlights how much we need to strengthen.

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 02:02:57 PM »
Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Barry

Harper
Morrison/Brunt

Phillips - if unfit, then it will be HRK (However I would probably go with Sako).
Rodiguez
Gayle

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 04:37:59 AM »
Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Barry

Harper
Morrison/Brunt

Phillips - if unfit, then it will be HRK (However I would probably go with Sako).
Rodiguez
Gayle

Happy with that
O Albion we love you

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 08:48:18 AM »
It should pick itself providing everybody is fit:

Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Harper
Barry
Brunt

Phillips
Gayle
Rodriguez

Subs: Myhill, Adarabiyio, Morrison, Field, Leko, Sako, Robson-Kanu (sadly)

Offline KN22

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 08:46:14 AM »
It should pick itself providing everybody is fit:

Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Harper
Barry
Brunt

Phillips
Gayle
Rodriguez

Subs: Myhill, Adarabiyio, Morrison, Field, Leko, Sako, Robson-Kanu (sadly)

Morrison instead of Brunt for me. Otherwise it looks good.

Offline Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 05:11:28 PM »
OK MY team. With Barnes gone and looking at the players we have I think 3-5-2 would ideally suit the personnel we have at our disposal having signed up Mason Holgate. Don't get me wrong I prefer 4-3-3 as a system but that system means including Robson-Kanu in the eleven and using Gayle wide. 3-5-2 looks stronger to me given our personnel. I don't expect Darren will go with this but I'd be tempted to.

Johnstone

Adarabioyo     Dawson               Hegazi

Holgate            Phillips            Barry                  Harper                 Gibbs

Gayle             Rodriguez

Subs: Myhill, Mears, Bartley, Morrison, Brunt, Robson - Kanu, Sako.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 05:17:24 PM »
Hugely against reverting to 3 at the back.

Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Phillips
Barry
Harper

Brunt/Sako
Gayle
Rodriguez

Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 05:18:54 PM »
Hugely against reverting to 3 at the back.

Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Phillips
Barry
Harper

Brunt/Sako
Gayle
Rodriguez

Me too IF we play it like we did at the start of the season.

Offline wbarenno

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 05:34:53 PM »
Johnstone

Gibbs
Holgate
Hegazi
Dawson

Barry
Morrison
Harper

Phillips
Rodriguez
Gayle

Subs

Myhill
Tosin
Bartley
Brunt
Leko
Sako
Robson kanu

Offline geoff

• WBA Coach
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 09:25:16 PM »
OK MY team. With Barnes gone and looking at the players we have I think 3-5-2 would ideally suit the personnel we have at our disposal having signed up Mason Holgate. Don't get me wrong I prefer 4-3-3 as a system but that system means including Robson-Kanu in the eleven and using Gayle wide. 3-5-2 looks stronger to me given our personnel. I don't expect Darren will go with this but I'd be tempted to.

Johnstone

Adarabioyo     Dawson               Hegazi

Holgate            Phillips            Barry                  Harper                 Gibbs

Gayle             Rodriguez

Subs: Myhill, Mears, Bartley, Morrison, Brunt, Robson - Kanu, Sako.

That selection will do for me & if we are going to go 3 at the back ( which i be leave is favered by our manager & his assistant ) i can think of no better team to use it against has lighting will not strike twice 

Offline Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 07:28:07 AM »
That selection will do for me & if we are going to go 3 at the back ( which i be leave is favered by our manager & his assistant ) i can think of no better team to use it against has lighting will not strike twice

If the link about Tyrone Mings is true it may indicate that that is the case. Graeme Jones has stated previously that the switch to a four was temporary and I think three at the back is always at the back of his mind. If we do revert to a three we must surely play it differently to the way we played it at the start of the season. It's not just the over emphasis on playing out from the back but positionally also. We played with Barnes behind a top two then but we were always light in midfield. Now with Holgate coming into the side it gives us attacking width down the right hand side to match Gibbs on the left, we're no longer reliant on Phillips to provide it on the right.

The midfield is better now and there's no need to change it. Instead of 3-4-1-2 we continue with the midfield the way it is now in a 3-5-2. The 3-5-2 on paper looks stronger than 3-4-1-2 did.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:29:41 AM by Atomic »

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 07:37:44 AM »

If the link about Tyrone Mings is true it may indicate that that is the case. Graeme Jones has stated previously that the switch to a four was temporary and I think three at the back is always at the back of his mind. If we do revert to a three we must surely play it differently to the way we played it at the start of the season. It's not just the over emphasis on playing out from the back but positionally also. We played with Barnes behind a top two then but we were always light in midfield. Now with Holgate coming into the side it gives us attacking width down the right hand side to match Gibbs on the left, we're no longer reliant on Phillips to provide it on the right.

The midfield is better now and there's no need to change it. Instead of 3-4-1-2 we continue with the midfield the way it is now in a 3-5-2. The 3-5-2 on paper looks stronger than 3-4-1-2 did.

Good post and I can see your logic. Holgate has been a huge signing for us I think in terms of balancing the side. In him and Gibbs we have excellent wing backs, allowing us to keep Phillips in midfield.

Offline Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 01:55:15 PM »
If we remain 4-3-3 I'd change the top end of the pitch slightly:

Johnstone

Holgate                 Dawson                                  Hegazi                      Gibbs

Phillips               Barry                          Harper

Morrison

Gayle                                      Rodriguez

Subs: Myhill, Adarabioyo, Townsend, Brunt, Hoolahan, Robson - Kanu, Edwards.

With Holgate on the right he will supply width as Gibbs does so with that extra option I'd forego the width in the forward areas and instead opt for a central two with a "feeder" behind them. Harvey Barnes would've been ideal for this role but hey ho with him gone it's either Mozza or Hoolahan but Mozza for me offers the greater threat.

I think without Barnes we will struggle in the final third unless we adjust a little. We have to find a way of compensating for his loss. Holgate is a massive addition because he gives us a completely new dimension down the right. He's only been with us for one league game but already I think he's become an enormous addition for us.

On paper that team looks as strong as anything in the league I'd argue. Changed my mind on reverting to three at the back, I'm going with this now lol.

Giving this way too much thought I think, I've been considering every possible scenario for days.  8) ::)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:57:17 PM by Atomic »

Offline Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 02:55:11 PM »
Edwards playing for U23's today so swap him for Sako on the bench.

Offline paulosull

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 04:51:09 PM »
Brunt and HRK aren't good enough to be in first team, need to see more of Sako and Field.

Offline baggiebof

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #18 on: Today at 03:39:42 PM »
Looks like there's no Phillips for sure. Morrison is a doubt but if he fails to make it, i'd be starting Hoolahan and then bolstering the bench with Townsend or Mears.

Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Harper
Barry
Morrison

Sako
Rodriguez
Gayle

Myhill, Adarabioyo, Brunt, Field, Hoolahan, Leko, Robson-Kanu

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #19 on: Today at 03:57:03 PM »
No Phillips means I expect us to be unchanged. I'd be tempted to give Sako a run out ahead of Kanu but aside from that I'm happy with the same XI as started against Norwich.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #20 on: Today at 04:07:33 PM »
Looks like there's no Phillips for sure. Morrison is a doubt but if he fails to make it, i'd be starting Hoolahan and then bolstering the bench with Townsend or Mears.

Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Harper
Barry
Morrison

Sako
Rodriguez
Gayle

Myhill, Adarabioyo, Brunt, Field, Hoolahan, Leko, Robson-Kanu
With Phillips still out, it will be the same starting 11 as Norwich, which I can't really complain about as we played well. Personally though, would like to see Sako in for Kanu and Rodriguez and Gayle swapped over.

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #21 on: Today at 04:09:19 PM »
No Phillips means I expect us to be unchanged. I'd be tempted to give Sako a run out ahead of Kanu but aside from that I'm happy with the same XI as started against Norwich.

Agree. I think Sako is getting closer and think we should try and get him up and running. He will likely start the cup game too which means he would be starting to get a run of games and would offer an option that could see is keeping Phillips in the midfield three.

Offline kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #22 on: Today at 04:32:43 PM »
Is phillips definately out, as Sky are saying he is to return tonight, as well as BBC