HRK    Gayle   Barnes

Bench: myhill mears Barry brunt sako Burke Rodriguez

If HRK not fit;

Johnstone

Dawson tosin Hegazi Gibbs

Livermore Barry Morrison

Phillips   Gayle    Barnes

Bench: myhill mears brunt field Burke sako Rodriguez

Tosin done ok at fullback but only time he faced decent winger at Swansea for the last minutes he was run ragged by montero. I dread him v bolasie.

Rodriguez  not delivering at the moment, Gayle isn't a winger he needs to go through the middle.

Need somebody with some presence up top if HRK ain't fit Phillips has shown he can hold the ball Up and would also be a threat on the break.
O Albion we love you

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
Re: Team
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 09:53:58 AM »
I'm going to pick the team with the understanding HRK wont be fit enough to start:

Johnstone

Tosin
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Livermore
Barry
Morrison

Phillips
Gayle
Barnes

With HRK's presence being removed, I think Phillips will need to be pushed further forward, slot Barry in to try to control the middle of the park.

That's the team I would like to see. I cant imagine DM will drop Rodriguez though so we may see the same team as yesterday but with Gayle replacing HRK.

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 09:57:21 AM »
I'm going to pick the team with the understanding HRK wont be fit enough to start:

Johnstone

Tosin
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Livermore
Barry
Morrison

Phillips
Gayle
Barnes

With HRK's presence being removed, I think Phillips will need to be pushed further forward, slot Barry in to try to control the middle of the park.

That's the team I would like to see. I cant imagine DM will drop Rodriguez though so we may see the same team as yesterday but with Gayle replacing HRK.

Nailed it.

Exactly the team we should play.

Offline Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 10:04:49 AM »
Interesting to see people suggesting Phillips moving forward in the event of Robson-Kanu being out. I wouldn't disagree with that. HRK clearly picked up an injury last night and with only three days recovery time I wouldn't consider him for selection. So team v Villa:

Johnstone

Adarabioyo           Dawson                Hegazi                       Gibbs

Morrison         Livermore             Barry

Phillips                             Rodriguez                                  Barnes

Subs: Myhill, Mears, Brunt, Harper, Gayle, Burke, Hoolahan.

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 10:20:51 AM »

Johnstone

Tosin
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Livermore
Barry
Morrison

Phillips
Gayle
Barnes

Spot on, and even if HRK was fully fit I would still go with this.
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 12:12:59 PM »
Does no-one else fear a reversion to 352?
I think there is a real possibility with Kanu being injured. Neither Gayle or Rodriguez can play wide so the only way to shoehorn them both in would be to change to either 442 or 352. Dare I say it but it could also coincide with Bartley's return to fitness  :o

Hope it's just me being pessimistic after last night's disappointment but I think it's a genuine possibility. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Offline baggiebof

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 01:41:12 PM »
I think Phillips will need to be pushed further forward

I do worry about having enough legs in midfield if we did this. I think I'd go:

Johnstone

Adarabioyo
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Phillips
Livermore
Morrison

Barnes
Gayle
Sako

Myhill, Mears, Brunt, Field or Harper, Hoolahan, Leko, Rodriguez

Offline chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 01:59:51 AM »
Got to be 4-4-2

Johnstone

Adar Daws Hegazi Gibbs

Phillips Livermore Mozza Barnes

JRod Gayle

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 09:24:09 AM »
I think there is a real possibility with Kanu being injured. Neither Gayle or Rodriguez can play wide so the only way to shoehorn them both in would be to change to either 442 or 352. Dare I say it but it could also coincide with Bartley's return to fitness  :o

Hope it's just me being pessimistic after last night's disappointment but I think it's a genuine possibility. Please tell me I'm wrong.

If we do that on Friday, then Villa win.

Abraham, Grealish and Bolasie would cause a back 3 too many problems.

Stick the formation we have now, but start Gayle.

Offline we8seals

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 11:27:03 AM »

I would not be in the least bit surprised- and I’m not as against it as some. With the proviso that we don’t expect the back three to play like bobby Moore/Frank beckenbauer.  And pass it around on the edge of our own box.  That being said it still does not address the fact we don’t have a left sided centre half nor a right wing back.

I would be gobsmacked if we did not make some changes to both personnel and formation on Friday. My particular concern is the number of times in the last couple of games that Tosin is left isolated at right back and either one on one or often with two opposition players bearing down on him. Bolasi and Grealish could double up down our right and have a field day!

Offline KN22

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 12:49:33 PM »

Agree fully. And maybe add some younger legs on bench as an option?

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »

Would you start Gayle through the middle and JRod wide? Think that's better than the other way around but i may be tempted to start Sako wide with Gayle up top.

Offline KN22

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 12:56:55 PM »
Yes Gayle through middle with JRod wide. I assume that Sako is not fit or why is he not on bench??

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 02:41:13 PM »
Would you start Gayle through the middle and JRod wide? Think that's better than the other way around but i may be tempted to start Sako wide with Gayle up top.

Yeah for me Gayle has to play through the middle, hes our best finisher. If he started on Monday and had the chances we missed in the first half, we would have been out of sight.

I also think Jay Rod is better on the wing, if you look back to his Southampton days (when he was close to the England squad), his best form was coming from the wing.

I also think if you pop Jay on the wing, he gives us a bit of physical presence and you can keep Phillips in the middle three.

As someone else has mentioned though, I wouldn't be against throwing Sako in on the wing. (Although I can't see Rodriguez being dropped).

Offline chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 12:27:10 AM »
 :D Phillips and Barnes are your wing men in a 442....Gayle and Jrod up front

Offline paulosull

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 02:19:31 PM »
Should stick with 433 with Sako or Burke to replace injured Kanu, Barry to take over from Morrison and Gayle on instead of Rodriguez.

Offline mikehy

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 02:54:09 PM »
Johnstone

Tosin
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Morrison
Livermore
Barry