West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Pre Match Chat  (Read 3289 times)

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
Pre Match Chat
« on: November 20, 2018, 10:58:00 AM »
West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa

Friday 7th December 2018 20.00pm

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 02:22:59 PM »
After the Blues game things beginning to hot up on social media, this already feels like a big game, the like of which we haven't had for a while. 1,300 tickets left lets snap them up and bury these lot.

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• WBA Coach
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 10:00:27 PM »
Pinched from anther thread...
Villa have also conceded several from set pieces haven't they ? Not that we want to rely on those too much.

Pulis should have got something there if that was the case.
As you say...We shouldn't rely on those sort of tactics.
Pressure them and their keeper, I feel would be the best way.
We have a great strike force and we have players who can shoot.
They will not know where our attack will come from...There is no obvious striker (unlike when we had only Rondon).

Offline paulosull

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 01:15:18 PM »
Need a performance like Leeds at home to beat this lot, their playing well and scoring goals Gayle needs to be in first 11 with HRK being dropped

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 03:20:13 PM »
Without the coward in charge we should have a go at them, Darren knows what beating these can do to his reputation, I think he will go out all guns blazing !  Could be a really exciting game!
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline McSkittle

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 06:17:24 PM »
I think you're more likely to sit in deep and try and hit us on the break. You did Bristol 4-1 playing like that and Leeds.

Offline royhan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 07:05:36 PM »
We are unchanged yet again. We can’t keep Gayle on the bench. He’s far too good to be left out of the starting line up.

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 07:14:21 PM »
We are unchanged yet again. We can’t keep Gayle on the bench. He’s far too good to be left out of the starting line up.

Agreed. I think the system would work just as well with JRod our wide and Gayle through the middle. Saying that kanu has been winning a lot of free kicks recently.

Offline baggies_24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 07:27:51 PM »
Think it’s a mistake going for the same 11 again we didn’t play particularly well at Swansea especially going forward, I’d drop Jrod for Gayle personally maybe bring Barry in to control the midfield also.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 07:31:39 PM »
For Gayle to play Rodriguez or Barnes will need to be left out. Kanu is imperative to the system as the only left footer and the only physical presence.

For me Rodriguez should be sat on the bench.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 10:43:38 PM »
For Gayle to play Rodriguez or Barnes will need to be left out. Kanu is imperative to the system as the only left footer and the only physical presence.

Almost what Keith Andrews was saying after the game
Gayle doesn't work in the middle of the three , I think HRK looked good again tonight, but he will be the one to miss out
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 10:50:22 PM »

Agreed. Rodriguez is offering absolutely nothing, both have been poor but at least Barnes offers a threat.

Against the Villa I would shore the midfield up a bit though, sit Barry in there alongside Livermore and Morrison and push Phillips to the right wing, Gayle through the middle and Barnes from the left

Offline BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 11:16:52 PM »
I think we'll score at least two against your defence but I also think you'll score at least two against ours. 2-2 or 3-3
Did you know we won the European Cup?

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• WBA Coach
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 11:19:49 PM »
I don't/didn't normally rate HRK, but tonighht showed how much we needed him to hold the ball up. The second half we struggled because there wasn't anyone who could do his job.
Hopefully with his being taken off, he gets a bit of extra rest and comes out all guns firing.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 11:25:46 PM »
Agreed. Rodriguez is offering absolutely nothing, both have been poor but at least Barnes offers a threat.

Against the Villa I would shore the midfield up a bit though, sit Barry in there alongside Livermore and Morrison and push Phillips to the right wing, Gayle through the middle and Barnes from the left

If HRK isn't fit for the game that's what I would be doing. Barry cm and Phillips as the other wide forward. Rodriguez needs dropping for gayle
O Albion we love you

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 11:28:13 PM »
Well they're out of the woodwork again...

We won't be as profligate as tonight. 5 or 6-2 to us.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 09:11:36 AM »
We must win this game, in terms of both getting points on the board and the obvious.

As Jacko says, they are well and truly out the woodwork again, and rightly so as they have appointed a very promising manager who should be sat in our dugout, but we must silence them.

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 09:38:36 AM »
Not as confident as I would have been a couple weeks ago.

They seem to have found their feet under Dean Smith now, which should make for an interesting game.

We could have done with keeping the clean sheet last night, we keep letting in these late goals to lose the clean sheet, it may start to play on the players minds a little when we get into the last 10/15 of games.

Got a feeling it will be a draw, 1-1.

Offline McSkittle

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 10:53:02 AM »
We're currently creating 20 plus chances on average a game. The way we are at the moment, teams are needing to put a big score on us to take a point.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get 2 or 3 at least given the way you defend and how good we are going forwards. Whether that's good enough to actually win us the game though is another matter.

Offline crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 02:09:44 PM »
We're currently creating 20 plus chances on average a game. The way we are at the moment, teams are needing to put a big score on us to take a point.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get 2 or 3 at least given the way you defend and how good we are going forwards. Whether that's good enough to actually win us the game though is another matter.
2-1 us, you'll score but dont think youll get as many as you might think.
Albion till i die, blue and white, the wolves are most definitely S***e!

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 04:16:58 PM »

We created 20+ last night and on another day would have scored 5. The Forest game suggests your defence isn't that good either so I think safe to assume it will finish 0-0!

Offline McSkittle

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 05:47:59 PM »
We're hot and cold defensively. Prone to mistakes, but that's this league all over.

4 out of the last 8 have been clean sheets. I think the Forest game was one of those freak once in a generation games. Very entertaining though.

Like with your defending last night for their goal, I just can't see it being 0-0.

Why did you look so leggy last 15 minutes? Surprised at that.

Offline Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »
I just don't know how to predict this game. Another 5-5 wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world so knowing the way football works it'll probably be 0-0.  ::)

Our defence isn't bad, it really isn't Sam Johnstone has barely had a save to make over four games we just somehow seem to gift every team we play against a goal. Friday would be a great time to stop doing that.

Villa are scoring for fun at the moment so you wouldn't bet against them scoring on Friday and given the fact that I'm used to the jammy fuggers beating us over the years I fully expect they'll do so again.

0-2.

Offline tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 12:07:07 PM »
2-1 Albion

It'll be a great game im sure....just dont want to lose to them...my life will be hell if we dont
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 12:48:30 PM »
Right now I'd settle for a high scoring draw, but I'd prefer a 1-0 off someone's shin in the 94th minute.