Will you pay £14.95 to watch our games?

Yes
13 (11.1%)
No
99 (84.6%)
Don’t know
5 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: TV Games  (Read 48464 times)

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

Re: TV Games
« Reply #450 on: October 19, 2020, 09:39:32 PM »
On in my local as all the PPV games are so I’m happy

lewisant

• WBA Coach

« Reply #451 on: October 19, 2020, 10:18:45 PM »
I viewed via an internet stream and it was absolutely fine.

I have never bought anything on PPV and it will remain that way.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #452 on: October 20, 2020, 09:06:22 AM »
I just people suggesting on Twitter that just 74 people paid for the Albion game last night.

I knew it would be low, but I thought we had more idiots than that, let alone Burnley.  :o

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #453 on: October 20, 2020, 11:10:32 AM »
I just people suggesting on Twitter that just 74 people paid for the Albion game last night.

I knew it would be low, but I thought we had more idiots than that, let alone Burnley.  :o

Really hope that's true and if possible even lower!
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #454 on: October 20, 2020, 01:07:40 PM »

I don't think that would be true - I think you're more likely to have figures between 3k-7k
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #455 on: October 20, 2020, 01:25:11 PM »

It was a joke. Unbelievable it got so much traction.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #456 on: October 20, 2020, 01:29:23 PM »
It was a joke. Unbelievable it got so much traction.

Because it was so believable. Between the initial anger, the boycott, and the two teams on display, it was entirely believable.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #457 on: October 20, 2020, 01:34:38 PM »
Because it was so believable. Between the initial anger, the boycott, and the two teams on display, it was entirely believable.

It wasn't remotely believable. We've got a million followers on Social Media. PPV buy rates are in the 100k's, running into the millions for Boxing, WWE, UFC etc.

4 or 5 thousand Albion and Burnley fans minimum will have stumped up for that.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #458 on: October 20, 2020, 04:00:25 PM »

Although I subscribe to Sky Sports on a special half price offer and although I could afford it, I think it’s outrageous to charge fans including season ticket holders fifteen quid to watch a game especially if they are existing Sky Sports customers.

Boycott PPV and it will hopefully go away.

Stay safe, Stay well
It is what it is and will be what it will be.

BalisPen

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #459 on: October 20, 2020, 04:06:45 PM »
Although I would like to see ppv fail, I doubt only 74 stumped up yesterday.

I'll hold onto my money until I catch the 74 from town to my seat in the East stand.

I watched in a pub.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #460 on: October 21, 2020, 11:41:10 AM »
i said no in the above poll but i did last minute because i wanted to see us win our most likely home win game. no more ppv for me. sky subs ends this month anyway
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #461 on: October 21, 2020, 01:52:30 PM »
Couldn't raise the enthusiam to listen to the game on the radio. Popped out for a couple of late afternoon/early evening tots with the Mrs instead. Noticed the game was on in a local (Viler) boozer when I looked through the window as we walked home. Popped in and watched the game from about the tenth minute onwards and supped a few more. Fairly solid if unspectacular display which had the majority of locals wringing their flippers in equal measures of boredom and frustration as we didn't get battered. Such a shame  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #462 on: October 21, 2020, 02:38:49 PM »
Although I subscribe to Sky Sports on a special half price offer and although I could afford it, I think it’s outrageous to charge fans including season ticket holders fifteen quid to watch a game especially if they are existing Sky Sports customers.

Boycott PPV and it will hopefully go away.
If the money was going to the club, it would be a great thing, under the present circumstances. Unfortunately it has just become another way for the rich to get richer at our expense, so, I agree, I'm out!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #463 on: October 23, 2020, 08:44:32 PM »
None of our games picked for normal TV in November. Another 3 PPV games anyone? Despise this league.

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #464 on: October 24, 2020, 08:36:59 AM »
Increasingly delighted to have not purchased the NowTV twelve month subscription. I'd be fuming if I had access to all main events and zero Albion games. Thought I was making a wise move at the time and now I'm feeling positively enlightened. Might buy a lottery ticket for the first time in years, only there's so many to choose from I wouldn't know where to start.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #465 on: October 24, 2020, 08:43:08 AM »
Might buy a lottery ticket for the first time in years, only there's so many to choose from I wouldn't know where to start.

Glad you said that Dan - I had thought I was the only ‘ode bugger’ who didn’t understand all these new Lottery options and games. Like many things in life, it was simple one time.

Stay safe, Stay well

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #466 on: October 26, 2020, 05:25:17 PM »
Telegraph Football Twitter Account

Premier League executives will float proposals on Tuesday to reduce pay-per-view match broadcasts to £10 in a bid to ease the storm of fan anger since the scheme was introduced this month.
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #467 on: October 29, 2020, 01:18:59 PM »
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-urged-scrap-ppv-19182195

Pundit Ally McCoist singling out Albion fans as getting a particularly raw deal with PPV.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #468 on: October 29, 2020, 02:30:28 PM »
Telegraph Football Twitter Account

Premier League executives will float proposals on Tuesday to reduce pay-per-view match broadcasts to £10 in a bid to ease the storm of fan anger since the scheme was introduced this month.

Make it a fiver and people won’t think twice about paying it. Even a tenner will put a lot of people off.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #469 on: October 29, 2020, 04:12:09 PM »
Our @premierleague game against @SpursOfficial has been moved to Sunday, November 8.
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #470 on: October 29, 2020, 04:19:46 PM »
A few fans of different teams boycotting the PPV games and putting the money to good causes. Interesting given we are continually being selected for games
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #471 on: November 01, 2020, 10:21:56 AM »
Now we  are going into another national lockdown, I wonder if Sky will do the football fans a favour and stop charging PPV and show them for free because after Thursday no one will be able to see it in pubs.

Personally, I don't think they will. They will just see it as an opportunity for more people to pay because they can't see it for free in pubs. 

What I think of Sky is totally unprintable here so i will leave it at that !!

lewisant

• WBA Coach

« Reply #472 on: November 01, 2020, 02:23:05 PM »
How about for all our games in November - anybody who wants to boycott games does so and donates money to Movember instead?! I have a team page on there, we could leave a comment in every donation so we know how much has gone to charity instead of Sky and write a press release to go with it at the end of the month. We're on Box Office at least twice - the Man U game may not be (because it's Man U) but the Sheff U game could be. It's at least £30.

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #473 on: November 01, 2020, 05:45:57 PM »
How about for all our games in November - anybody who wants to boycott games does so and donates money to Movember instead?! I have a team page on there, we could leave a comment in every donation so we know how much has gone to charity instead of Sky and write a press release to go with it at the end of the month. We're on Box Office at least twice - the Man U game may not be (because it's Man U) but the Sheff U game could be. It's at least £30.
To be honest, I think a large swathe of fans are boycotting them. Sure I read that our match against Burnley, they sold under 1000, and that's from 2 sets of fans.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #474 on: November 01, 2020, 05:55:21 PM »

The PPV scandal is just the thin edge of the wedge.

I subscribed to Sky Sport when it was on a half price special offer but then along came PPV Box Office and I will not under any circumstances not only pay my monthly Sky Sports £15 subscription and then the £15 PPV for just one game.

What they will undoubtedly do IF PPV proves successful is the charge an additional fee for any live event such as football, cricket, rugby, F1 etc etc.  It’s just not acceptable and I urge everyone to boycott PPV even if you are tempted as, in the long run, they will stitch you up!

Stay safe, Stay well