West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: 24 Oct 2018 Albion 1 Derby County 4  (Read 14230 times)

Online beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
Team
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2018, 06:27:00 PM »
If all fit and ready;

Johnstone
Dawson hegazi Bartley
Phillips Barry field Gibbs
     Sako Gayle Barnes

If Phillips and Sako aren't fit;

Johnstone
Dawson Bartley hegazi gibbs
         Field Barry Harper 
        Burke Gayle Barnes
O Albion we love you

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2018, 07:53:45 PM »
Put ourselves under pressure for this game now. Need to bounce back.
We are favourites for the league, third at the moment,top scorers and at home...we are always under pressure.
I've seen some of the reactions on here after we lost today.....
No I wouldn't play mears, but then again I wouldn't have made the changes that got us a point at Wednesday so swings and roundabouts
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
Re: Team
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2018, 07:55:15 PM »
If all fit and ready;

Johnstone
Dawson hegazi Bartley
Phillips Barry field Gibbs
     Sako Gayle Barnes

If these play we get 5
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Online Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2018, 04:18:01 AM »
Following his dismissal at Wigan I'm presuming Livermore is suspended for this game. That's how it works now isn't it? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I fully expect Darren Moore to go with Brunt and Barry in the middle. I don't know why Barry wasn't on the bench at Wigan but I'm presuming he's available for selection for this game. I really hope I'm wrong and Moore FINALLY does what he should've done long before now and introduces Sam Field. I don't expect he will though.

Currently we don't really have an alternative to Bartley so he will keep his place. I don't know how fit Dawson is. If he's fit enough he will play. If not Adarabioyo replaces him.

Phillips was reportedly fit before the Wigan game but didn't figure. I'm presuming he'll be back on Wednesday. If not it has to be Mears as I wouldn't play Edwards on the grounds that Adarabioyo may play if Dawson is out and I think it'd be unwise to play two kids down that right hand side.

I'm fast losing patience with Jay Rod. There are too many games where he is doing next to nothing. He usually follows those games with a goal (sometimes from the penalty spot, sometimes not) which sort of papers over the cracks. That is the story of our season so far though, getting away with things in the main without looking totally convincing. If I were picking the team I'd be 50 - 50 on playing him and 50 - 50 on introducing Hoolahan or Morrison and play one of them behind Gayle on the right to gives Barnes a bit of help. 50 - 50 as I say but I'd maybe just edge towards the latter option so make that 49 - 51  ;).

MY TEAM

Johnstone

Dawson (Adarabioyo)     Hegazi                            Bartley

Phillips (Mears)                 Barry                         Field                                   Gibbs

Hoolahan                                            Barnes

Gayle

Subs: Myhill, Brunt, Morrison, Edwards, Rodriguez, Sako, (Adarabioyo, Mears or Townsend).

Big Dave's expected team:

Johnstone

Dawson (Adarabioyo)      Hegazi                    Bartley

Phillips (Mears)                Barry                      Brunt                             Gibbs

Barnes

Rodriguez                Gayle.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2018, 06:08:33 PM »
I will be disappointed if he starts with Brunt and Barry, but I expect to be disappointed.

Offline KN22

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2018, 11:13:44 PM »
For me Rodriguez still deserves to play. I don’t see him playing Brunt and Barry in cm but we shall see. Really hoping that Phillips is ready now. Sako on bench would be good too.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2018, 08:29:55 AM »
We are favourites for the league, third at the moment,top scorers and at home...we are always under pressure.
I've seen some of the reactions on here after we lost today.....
No I wouldn't play mears, but then again I wouldn't have made the changes that got us a point at Wednesday so swings and roundabouts

Have to agree. I just hope we put in a good performance as we will have enough to beat Derby if we do, that was the most frustrating thing for me about Saturday, that we just didn't turn up.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2018, 08:44:33 AM »
after saturday 1-2 derby
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Offline WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2018, 08:45:30 AM »
sako and phillips wont start, they have had no game time. hopefully at least on the bench
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Online Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2018, 08:50:24 AM »
Tickets selling very slowly 19,933 sold which given the drop from the previous total there must've been a few returns. 3,467 remain.

1,611 sold for Derby.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:07:08 AM by Atomic »

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2018, 08:54:02 AM »
Will be interesting to see if Field replaces Livermore.

Many would argue looking at his centre midfield pairings this season, he tends to have a runner (Livermore) and an experienced head (Brunt/Barry). So when he hasn't used Brunt he has opted for Barry, letting Livermore be the engine.

I would assume that Field is back up to Livermore and with him being suspended will that open the gate for Sam to get a game?

I fully expect us to see 2 from Morrison/Hoolahan/Brunt/Barry in the middle this week, but would LOVE to see Harper/Field given a game, especially next to someone like Barry.

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2018, 08:54:55 AM »
Think this will end a draw, but wouldn't be surprised to see a late Derby winner.

I'm going with 1-1.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:43:24 AM by Mister AT »

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2018, 09:19:33 AM »
For me Rodriguez still deserves to play. I don’t see him playing Brunt and Barry in cm but we shall see. Really hoping that Phillips is ready now. Sako on bench would be good too.

Agree about Rodriguez, he often comes very deep to get the ball. He works hard for the team which is sometimes detrimental to his scoring but he's still scored 7 and before anyone says it I know 4 have been penalties but he still has to score them and a reliable penalty taker is a bonus.

I'd hope to see Field in for Livermore but I expect it to be Barry and Brunt in the middle.

Johnstone

Dawson/ Adabarioyo                   Hegazi                 Bartley

Field                   Brunt

Phillips/Edwards                                                         Gibbs

Barnes

Rodriguez                     Gayle

Subs: Myhill, Mears, Howkins/Adabarioyo, Barry, Hoolahan, Sako, Burke.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2018, 09:27:32 AM »
I think it will be a tough game but Derby have only won 2 of 6 away games this season (at Reading and Hull), they have lost at Millwall, Rotherham and Bolton as well as drawing with QPR.

If we play as we have been doing at home, then we can win comfortably.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2018, 11:28:25 AM »
Any news on Phillips or Sako?
Could do with one or both of these back for Wednesday
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2018, 12:33:18 PM »
I think it will be a tough game but Derby have only won 2 of 6 away games this season (at Reading and Hull), they have lost at Millwall, Rotherham and Bolton as well as drawing with QPR.

If we play as we have been doing at home, then we can win comfortably.
Derby as of 22nd October have the 14th best away record in the league, we are 8th... how badly we think we have been and theirs has been worse!

Albion have the 2nd best home record in the league, beaten only by Wigan who haven’t lost a game at home.

Obviously not a forgone conclusion but it suggests a decent chance of a home win.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2018, 12:43:42 PM »
Any news on Phillips or Sako?
Could do with one or both of these back for Wednesday

It is strange that the local media and SKY  had Phillips or Sako starting on Saturday yet neither was even on the bench and I can't find any updates from the club about either.

I really do hope Phillips is back or, if not, that we go with Sako or Edwards rather than Mears.

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2018, 12:51:29 PM »
Will be interesting to see if Field replaces Livermore.

Many would argue looking at his centre midfield pairings this season, he tends to have a runner (Livermore) and an experienced head (Brunt/Barry). So when he hasn't used Brunt he has opted for Barry, letting Livermore be the engine.

I would assume that Field is back up to Livermore and with him being suspended will that open the gate for Sam to get a game?

I fully expect us to see 2 from Morrison/Hoolahan/Brunt/Barry in the middle this week, but would LOVE to see Harper/Field given a game, especially next to someone like Barry.

He'll go with Brunt and Barry.

Like any British manager, Big Dave is steadily falling into the same old routine of picking the more experienced players because they have the most experience.

Online koren

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2018, 01:14:14 PM »

Like any British manager, Big Dave is steadily falling into the same old routine of picking the more experienced players because they have the most experience.
Agreed. Especially we would play against Derby,which is a big team in the league, he would go for Barry rather than Field.
The PRIDE of midlands

Offline baggies_24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2018, 01:16:10 PM »

That would be an absolute disaster, the’d breeze past us in the middle, it would be exactly the same as when we played Southampton last season with Yacob & Barry in. Sam Field deserves his chance the lads got to have something about him you don’t play for England youth teams if you’re crap, he deserves a chance to show he belongs in the team I just hope if he is given the chance and plays well he’s not then shifted out of the team the minute Livermore is available.

Offline baggies_ash

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2018, 02:27:07 PM »
If Phillips is still not available my team would be as follows:

Johnstone

Dawson           Hegazi                Bartley           Gibbs

Barry

Barnes                 Field

Rodriguez                                            Sako
                                   Gayle

Online beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2018, 04:11:45 PM »
Talk Dawson ain't going to be fit which brings in tosin.
If Phillips still not ready mears
Barry also 50/50 Livermore suspended. I wouldn't mind seeing Morrison with field or Harper.
Rodriguez running out of lives for me. However he does get involved in the game at home as we are usually in the ascendency or at least threatening. Be interesting to see who is available come Wednesday the thought of mears continuing at rwb and a Barry brunt central pairing gave me nightmares
O Albion we love you

Offline Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2018, 05:00:05 PM »
Field has to play.

I think Field has had a bit of a rough time of it over the past two seasons.  He has been denied excellent loan opportunities and made to stay on the basis that he was the best out of the academy crop and therefore would be needed as backup.  He played excellently at home vs Newcastle only for him to be bombed out the team the following game, then Pardew threw him in at City away while trying to belittle him leading up to the game by repeatedly asking him if he was 'sh1tting himself'.  Many thought this would be his breakthrough season but again he has been largely ignored bar the cup games when he has been asked to play at centre back.

Play Field in his natural position and put a bit of trust in the lad FFS
"This crack is really moreish."

Offline 17GD

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2018, 06:09:45 PM »
Mears is an old pal so i can't see him ever being dropped. Now that JL is out i think we'll see more of Edwards, even if it's as sub. He played well against Reading.

Really looking forward to seeing Sako!

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2018, 06:37:54 PM »
This will be a tough game probably our hardest of the season so far they are starting to click under Lampard.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:40:32 PM by KYA »