West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Mr Loophole  (Read 1347 times)

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
Mr Loophole
« on: September 27, 2018, 05:08:26 PM »
I see that slimebag lawyer "Mr Loophole" got Beckham off his speeding charge.  Why not just pay the effing fine, David?  Must have cost thousands in legal fees.

Offline royhan

• Senior Baggie
Re: Mr Loophole
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 07:43:00 PM »
One law for the rich, another for the rest of us poor morsels >:( I'm glad that he isn't likely to get his much craved knighthood. The pouting Posh Becks would be even more unbearable.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 07:44:47 PM by royhan »

Offline kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 08:32:51 PM »
I used to work for the Central Ticket Office at West Midlands Police which issues Notice of Intended Prosecution for speeding offences and I can confirm that these are sent out by second class post.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 09:00:52 PM »
One law for the rich, another for the rest of us poor morsels >:( I'm glad that he isn't likely to get his much craved knighthood. The pouting Posh Becks would be even more unbearable.

Not really its the same law for everyone.
The law says the summons has to be issued within 14 days. It wasn't so he's got off with it.
My wife got off with one because they had put the name of the 'Road' and they should have put Lane.

My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 11:12:32 PM »
I quite admire Mr Loophole as he clearly thinks out of the box to make a living.

Beckham on the other hand, seems a bit of a knob. I didn't mind him so much until a few years back, everything seems too perfect and placed as a PR campaign to push his brand.

B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline royhan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 04:28:23 AM »
Not really its the same law for everyone.
The law says the summons has to be issued within 14 days. It wasn't so he's got off with it.
My wife got off with one because they had put the name of the 'Road' and they should have put Lane.

The law is an ass. Technicalities such as the ones that got Beckham and your wife off should be thrown out. They are totally against the spirit of the law. Speed restrictions are there for a purpose - to help prevent accidents. What if Beckham or your wife had been responsible for a fatal accident by driving at an excessive speed in a restricted area. The law needs to be re-written to ensure that minor technicalities for whatever driving offence shouldn't prevent an offender being convicted.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 06:42:14 AM »
Mind you don't slip off that high horse.
So you are that perfect person we all hear about, the one that never does wrong and sits judgmental over everyone else?
Your the person that never goes 2 or 3 mile an hour over the speed  limit, never picks a pen up in the office and puts it in his pocket, never been given more change than you should have in a shop?
Yeah OK.
The law is fine, the application of that law, in this case, was incorrect.
The fine arrived outside of the time period allowed under law to issue that fine. Its the same for you, me and Beckam
Don't start with the 'what if' argument, you sound like a Health and Safety person. If you want to you can 'what if' and argument to death.

Offline royhan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 10:12:07 AM »
Mind you don't slip off that high horse.
So you are that perfect person we all hear about, the one that never does wrong and sits judgmental over everyone else?
Your the person that never goes 2 or 3 mile an hour over the speed  limit, never picks a pen up in the office and puts it in his pocket, never been given more change than you should have in a shop?
Yeah OK.
The law is fine, the application of that law, in this case, was incorrect.
The fine arrived outside of the time period allowed under law to issue that fine. Its the same for you, me and Beckam
Don't start with the 'what if' argument, you sound like a Health and Safety person. If you want to you can 'what if' and argument to death.
++

You are clearly the person who dislikes the slightest criticism.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:38:03 AM by OldburyWBA »

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 01:03:38 PM »
I'm just amazed Beckham needed to spend thousands on a legal eagle to count how many days had elapsed between the offence and the receipt of his ticket/summons. Then again......  :-X  :D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 05:48:45 PM »
There was the old joke about Beckham looking chuffed when he did a kids jigsaw in 20 mins.

"Look, it says 3 to 5 years on the box," he said.

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 09:28:49 AM »
Was it Beckham who said which day it arrived in his letterbox?

Offline barnestormer

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 11:10:09 AM »

The law is an ass. Technicalities such as the ones that got Beckham and your wife off should be thrown out. They are totally against the spirit of the law. Speed restrictions are there for a purpose - to help prevent accidents. What if Beckham or your wife had been responsible for a fatal accident by driving at an excessive speed in a restricted area. The law needs to be re-written to ensure that minor technicalities for whatever driving offence shouldn't prevent an offender being convicted.
Exactly.I got done nearly 3 years back doing 53 in a 40 speed limit,did I deserve it? Yup and learned an expensive lesson

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 01:25:43 PM »
Was it Beckham who said which day it arrived in his letterbox?

I don't think so.
The piece I saw the summons was sent directly to Bently Motors.
I would imagine that someone of Beckham's standing within the advertising community would probably be given the vehicle to promote the brand and as such Bently still own the motor.
Hence they would receive the paperwork.

Offline gerry m

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 01:36:56 PM »
Several years ago i got done for driving at 38 mph in a 30 zone. Got 3 options pay £60 fine, appeal or spend £80 on a speed awareness course. I chose the latter and at the end of the course we were told that we did not need to inform our insurance companies which saved us a fair bit of money.

Beckham chose to do what he did and has basically turned a lot of people against him. Not the clever option that he thought.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 08:33:49 AM »
Several years ago i got done for driving at 38 mph in a 30 zone. Got 3 options pay £60 fine, appeal or spend £80 on a speed awareness course. I chose the latter and at the end of the course we were told that we did not need to inform our insurance companies which saved us a fair bit of money.

Beckham chose to do what he did and has basically turned a lot of people against him. Not the clever option that he thought.

I honestly doubt that Beckham cares that much about what a lot of people think of him. I'm sure his advisers and family & friends still think the sun shines out of him.

Offline tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »
Ultimately the law is the same for all of us....dont notify you in time then its waived.

Not sure why he is getting pelters to be honest, first thing I do whenever ive had a speeding ticket is to check the dates of the offence against the date of the letter and if its out of the permitted time I write back. Ive gotten off with a few speeding tickets this way..didnt need a big fancy lawyer

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »
I have no problem with Beckham getting off for this. The law is the law, and the enforcers of it need to follow it as well as everybody else. If they can't send a piece of paperwork on time then they shouldn't be allowed to proceed.

It's poor, but people should do their jobs correctly and then people would not get away with it any longer.

I'm more annoyed about the fact that some police forces don't investigate burglaries any more than I am about this.