West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Rekeem Harper  (Read 60985 times)

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2019, 10:42:56 PM »
Our best player tonight. Sign him up.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline boingboing1989

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2019, 10:43:50 PM »
You wouldn't believe the kid has only played 6 games for us, looks so composed and assured in the middle of the park now. Going to have a very bright future, hopefully with us.

Offline Dan

• WBA Coach
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2019, 10:44:11 PM »
He's got better every game, just needs to work on his stamina.

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2019, 10:45:17 PM »
Thought that was his best game so far. Looked very good.

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2019, 10:51:31 PM »
Has a very good first touch and a football brain. Maybe needs to improve his stamina. Probably our best player tonight.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2019, 11:26:16 PM »
Has a very good first touch and a football brain. Maybe needs to improve his stamina. Probably our best player tonight.

Will come.  More to do with pacing himself. 

Offline webral

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2019, 12:47:21 AM »
Looked very good again tonight until tiring later on. The club need to sort out his contract asap or risk losing another young talent. Would rather have rested him tonight with the TV audience and played Brunt bringing Harper back in for Stoke.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2019, 05:02:39 AM »
I echo the sentiments of everybody on here. He needs a new deal. If we fail to go up this year he will probably be first choice.
O Albion we love you

Offline stuvetti

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2019, 09:18:17 AM »
Personally I will be surprised if he signs, because he has played really well on TV twice now and the sharks will be circling. As a free agent at the end of the season his value is well above any compensation we might receive.
If it were not for Murray popping up with the goals last night, he would have been MOM.
IMO the best young player to come through since Bryan Robson (including Izzie Brown).
He can recycle the ball effortlessly, not always playing passes square and behind and his special awareness for CM is excellent.
I hope I'm wrong because we will need these young lads when the parachute money runs out.

Offline paulosull

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2019, 09:23:45 AM »
What is the issue with contract negotiations, don't tell me we are offering too much. Jenkins better sort this out or it will be his head on chopping block.

Offline Mikkyk

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2019, 09:50:37 AM »
It is slightly worrying that we have been told for a while he has been close to signing a new deal and it hasn't yet been signed.

His development would be much better suited to staying at us as well, look how well Izzy Brown's career is going...

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2019, 10:30:32 AM »
Had me a bit of an old fart de ja vu moment last night watching this 'kid' glide around the park
His running, high knee and upright torso, style reminded me of someone and then later my raddled old brain popped up with "Laurie Cunningham used to run like that"
Just for clarity I'm not comparing him to Laurie just saying he reminded me of him
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2019, 10:50:09 AM »
I have said before, I would like to think the signing of a new contract is pretty much done, or else we are being very stupid in showcasing his talents in the first team knowing hes going to walk away.

I still think he will be signing a new 4/5 year deal soon and I fully expect to see him cement his place in the middle of the park.

Offline baggiebof

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2019, 10:50:38 AM »
Really very pleased with Harper, he is comfortable taking the ball in tight areas and is also proficient in carrying the ball. He seems to be a decent passer of the ball and is capable of getting his head up and seeing a pass. He is also not scared to play a ball forward through the lines, which is really the mark of a good midfielder for me.

Echo what others have said, let's get the contract sorted. His stamina does seem an issue but let's not forget, he's a young lad and does have a big frame, he'll find the correct fitness programme for him which will naturally develop the more he plays. His performances do put me at ease a little regards the situation should we not go up.

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2019, 11:44:23 AM »
Totally agree with you Frank, he does have a very similar gait to Laurie, I thought that myself.

Offline caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2019, 11:50:00 AM »
he's talented and that won't go unnoticed to the elite clubs who fill these young kids heads with money. Harper could quite easily be a £20m player in a few years if his progress continues. let's hope he isn't another young player we lose.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2019, 12:08:06 PM »
Had me a bit of an old fart de ja vu moment last night watching this 'kid' glide around the park
His running, high knee and upright torso, style reminded me of someone and then later my raddled old brain popped up with "Laurie Cunningham used to run like that"
Just for clarity I'm not comparing him to Laurie just saying he reminded me of him
COYB

My thoughts exactly
He has the same running style as Cunnungham, always on his toes and glides rather than runs
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2019, 01:12:02 PM »
Rekeem Harper has won the Coral Player of the Month award for January.

Congratulations and well deserved, let's hope we get his new contract sorted ASAP
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2019, 01:52:46 PM »
Rekeem Harper has won the Coral Player of the Month award for January.

Congratulations and well deserved, let's hope we get his new contract sorted ASAP
Un-droppable now surely?

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2019, 02:41:04 PM »
Un-droppable now surely?

Not un restable though which I suspect  is what will happen tomorrow.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline TheBrom

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2019, 08:36:10 AM »
That’s truly a massive acheivment for an 18 year old and shows just how well he’s done since breaking into the first team. I’ve said all along he’s our brightest young prospect and hope it continues

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2019, 09:31:22 AM »
Will be interesting to see who plays tonight. I could make a case for us keeping sharper as a starter alongside Livermore and Johansen. Concerned Barry may have peaked this season.

Offline overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2019, 11:41:45 AM »
Have we sorted his contract yet? 

If not, let’s get it done!

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2019, 08:45:24 PM »
Have we sorted his contract yet? 

If not, let’s get it done!
DM made some positive noises about the contract but that was 2 weeks ago now. It is worrying.....I live in hope that we'll have a feel-good announcement before some big game...Villa maybe ?

Offline overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2019, 12:56:16 PM »
Still no contract?

Can’t help being worried.  Are the German clubs sniffing?