West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Tyrone Mears  (Read 19629 times)

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
Re: Tyrone Mears
« Reply #275 on: January 30, 2019, 09:23:51 AM »
Not really, bringing in someone who is no longer a footballer is hardly a replacement, as bad as Nyom was/is.

You stated that we didn't bring in a replacement, then said the person we did bring in as a replacement wasn't very good.

Agree that Mears was poor as a RWB but I think he did okay on Saturday as a RB.

B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #276 on: January 30, 2019, 09:25:31 AM »
If you wish to insult the club (that you purport to support) with inane slurs such as 'insane', carry on.......

Wow, you must have some serious meltdowns behind that screen of yours regarding a lot of the absolute tripe which passes for opinion on here at times  ;D  ;) ......
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2019, 09:40:34 AM »
You stated that we didn't bring in a replacement, then said the person we did bring in as a replacement wasn't very good.

Agree that Mears was poor as a RWB but I think he did okay on Saturday as a RB.

Semantics  8)

I said we failed to replace a right back. We brought someone in who we then opted to play in that position...or as a wing back in the nonsensical 5 at the back we persisted with for far too long, but we did not replace Nyom.

Offline tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #278 on: January 30, 2019, 10:05:50 AM »
Semantics  8)

I said we failed to replace a right back. We brought someone in who we then opted to play in that position...or as a wing back in the nonsensical 5 at the back we persisted with for far too long, but we did not replace Nyom.

We shipped out a RB and brought in a RB....in that sense we replaced Nyom

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #279 on: January 30, 2019, 11:06:51 AM »
Semantics  8)

That's semantics!
We replaced a right back with a right back but didn't replace Alan Nyom (a right back) is essentially what you are saying.

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #280 on: January 30, 2019, 11:12:31 AM »
That's semantics!
We replaced a right back with a right back but didn't replace Alan Nyom (a right back) is essentially what you are saying.

We got rid of a semi-functioning footballer and then did some pro bono charity work by electing to pay someone a wage and claim that they were a replacement  ;D

We could be here all day so I shall end it there.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #281 on: January 30, 2019, 11:15:22 AM »
We got rid of a semi-functioning footballer and then did some pro bono charity work by electing to pay someone a wage and claim that they were a replacement  ;D

We could be here all day so I shall end it there.

I was about to post the same thing! What we both can agree on (I think) is that we need a better right back!

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #282 on: January 30, 2019, 11:27:25 AM »
I was about to post the same thing! What we both can agree on (I think) is that we need a better right back!

Come the summer, regardless of what division we are in, most definitely. Would like to dream that we could keep Holgate, but other than a season long loan were we to get promoted I imagine he will be back at Everton next season.

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #283 on: January 30, 2019, 12:42:43 PM »
If you wish to insult the club (that you purport to support) with inane slurs such as 'insane', carry on. Rather diminishes the thrust of your argument imo.
And, I repeat, just how do you know what efforts were made to recruit, and where the failures lie??

I think other posters within this thread have highlighted perfectly that I did not call the club insane. Which all seems a rather pointless argument.

I also never accused them of a lack of effort - or sitting on their hands as you stated previously.

I can see that attempts was made (Tavernier for starters) but the club failed to sign a permanent right back which would resolve the problem. The fact we didn't sign a right back was insane.

And you know perfectly well that's what I mean..

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #284 on: January 30, 2019, 12:44:34 PM »
Can a club be insane ? I think not, just saying !
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline Wigmore

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #285 on: January 30, 2019, 12:51:45 PM »
Wow, you must have some serious meltdowns behind that screen of yours regarding a lot of the absolute tripe which passes for opinion on here at times  ;D  ;) ......
Not at all, but thanks for your concern. :D  ;D
I am more saddened that posters seem to delight in belittling players who play for WBAFC.
In Mears' case the abuse and denigration far exceeds the criticism his performances merit imo.

I rarely bother to look at over-moderated, moribund websites, filled with fatuous opinions and factually inaccurate statements. As I also abstain from participation on any other platform (Facebook et al) my meltdown quota is well under control. ;)
Having been subjected to the frustrations of 900+ attended WBA games, the current internet irritation factors are a mere bagatelle.  ;D

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2019, 12:54:15 PM »
Not at all, but thanks for your concern. :D  ;D
I am more saddened that posters seem to delight in belittling players who play for WBAFC.
In Mears' case the abuse and denigration far exceeds the criticism his performances merit imo.

I rarely bother to look at over-moderated, moribund websites, filled with fatuous opinions and factually inaccurate statements. As I also abstain from participation on any other platform (Facebook et al) my meltdown quota is well under control. ;)
Having been subjected to the frustrations of 900+ attended WBA games, the current internet irritation factors are a mere bagatelle.  ;D

I guess that these (enboldened) would not include yours!  The arrogance of that statement is staggering - Just Saying !
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !