Author Topic: 7 Aug 2018 Nottingham Forest 1 Albion 1  (Read 32688 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #500 on: August 07, 2018, 10:03:48 PM »
Wow that was bad. The manager tactically out of his depth. He hung that kid from man city out to dry. The whole line up and tactics was very pulis esque. We sat back went for draw and hoped for set pieces.

Brunt and livermore as a central 2 don't work. Rodriguez not the answer away from home as loan striker.

Lack of use of the bench again is really worrying. Burns out players (brunt and Morrison are not going to be able to play 90 minutes 3 times a week) and also sometimes we tactically will need to change it up.

My positives:
A point away from home
Gayle looked lively and better than what we have at the moment.
Bartley looked far more assured than in the first game.
Johnstone also looked better and more settled.
James morrison got some minutes.
O Albion we love you

Blowee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #501 on: August 07, 2018, 10:04:56 PM »
bar Bar in Menorca erupted when we scored - a few Forest fans but mostly West Brom. We are up and running! 😋

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #502 on: August 07, 2018, 10:07:51 PM »
Johnstone-  6 . Down late again, but deflected. Great save from long ranger.
Tosin 4.  First game. Looked so laid back, too much but first game and a youngster. Needs improvement
Gibbs. 5 has all the quality but little heart
Hegazi 5. Wobbly
Bartley 7. Pick of the defence. Solid. Like him
Brunt. 4 just not a centre mid. Left back or on bench sorry
Livermore 5 only slightly better
Barnes 5 gifted but not involved enough
Morrison 4 one of worst games I’ve seen him have
Jrod 5 missed sitter and shown up by Gayle
Phillips 7.5. Just edged Bartley as mom. Great finish
Gayle 7 more energy than rest in just 20 mins
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #503 on: August 07, 2018, 10:08:38 PM »
Think we need to wait for Graeme Jones influence, he seemed to take over towards the end of the game.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #504 on: August 07, 2018, 10:10:23 PM »
Think we need to wait for Graeme Jones influence, he seemed to take over towards the end of the game.

I saw this too. Seemed to take control of the technician area once Gayle came on.

Gayle looks a threat, feed him and he will score. I think if we don’t get a ‘number 10’ in then we need to put Barnes in there.

54hines

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #505 on: August 07, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »
Was talked about before the game how we still rely on a midfield of brunt and Morrison and think that’s part of the problem. Love these two players but honestly tonight shows we have held on to them too long, unfortunately time has caught up with them and the days of Morrison running the midfield have sadly gone.
Plus point tonight Gayle looked handy, a player who seems to be in right place at right time and will score us goals, minus point of which there were many we seemed to have little game plan and when we were getting battered there was no reaction both on or off the pitch.
Forest are not a bad team and will be promotion candidates but looked very very fragile when we got at them in the last ten minutes, a team good when you stand off them and let them angle passes forward but defensively very rocky.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #506 on: August 07, 2018, 10:23:45 PM »
I'm not down with people saying Moore needs to go after 2 games. Yes, he seems either naïve or afraid to take chances, but saying he has to go now is scandalous.

The subs appear to be causing confusion again, so hopefully he will address this.

I think most of us would have taken a point before kick off.

ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #507 on: August 07, 2018, 10:25:42 PM »
Two games in and sabre rattling. FFS.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #508 on: August 07, 2018, 10:25:49 PM »
Hopefully this is the case , its a shame he didn't join up with us earlier, also hope the last 15 mins doesn't paper over the cracks of what went on for the previous 75 mins of the game.
Can't see what position brunt is going to fit in to , seeing as DM has made him captain he'll find it hard to drop him now.

clemsleftfoot

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #509 on: August 07, 2018, 10:26:44 PM »
Make no mistake this is going to be a long hard season..As far as transfers i truly believe DM as no say in it and he is nothing more than a scapegoat..
Where is Lai no statement from him nothing about where he wants us to be or what he expects this season...
Anybody hoping for promotion this season forget it as long as Lai recoups money that he laid out for the club he will be contented..
Thanks jezza for only doing a deal that will benefit the club...Yea right...

Plastic Paddy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #510 on: August 07, 2018, 10:27:07 PM »

Forest didn't have 4 or 5 clear chances they just had a lot of the ball in dangerous areas. Barnes, Rodriguez x2 and Gayle have all missed sitters. We've hit the bar 3 times.

100% agree. Whilst no one can dispute Forest were the better team for 70-80 mins, they didn't create many chances. That is not to say I am happy with our performance because with Brunt/Livermore in CM we will not get promoted in a million years! However, the last 10-15 mins when Gayle was on the pitch we looked so much more dangerous.

We are clearly missing a dynamic box to box midfielder but can we get someone before 5pm on Thursday or more importantly, is DM even looking for this type of player?

CL3MO

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #511 on: August 07, 2018, 10:29:28 PM »
Negative Points:
 - We were absolutely dominated in all areas. What was the tactical game plan?
 - The lethargic central midfield partnership. Forest's midfield danced around them
 - Moore admitting in his post-game interview that we came to 'stifle' being the away team
 - Young Adarabioyo looked well out of his depth. Even when he had time, he slashed aimless balls into dangerous midfield positions.

Positive Points:
 - Phillips looks very sharp (in both games)
 - Bartley and Gayle, even though he should have scored at least one, did well.
 - We didn't get beat

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #512 on: August 07, 2018, 10:31:11 PM »
I really hope Jones stresses the need to Moore and the club that we can't play without ball playing midfielders. We have far too many static, immobile defensive players, when we need creative ball players. At times tonight Barnes was having to come into the middle from his wide post to try to make things happen. That should not be his role. He is a wide man in his style and he needs to have players inside him who allow him to focus on that role.

Feels a bit too late now, the clubs failure to put in the mechanisms that made us successful in the past, thus leading to Moore being in charhe of recruitment and making a fist of it have damaged our chances of promotion, but hopefully he can get us started off right.
Boing Boing

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #513 on: August 07, 2018, 10:33:03 PM »
Our goal by the way was superb. Brunt's threaded pass into Barnes turned brilliantly round the corner for Gibbs excellent ball in and a superb finish.

Cheer up lads.
Gibbs excellent ball in? He over hit it by a country mile he missed everyone he was aiming for just luck it fell too Phillips. Nothing to cheer up about we were woeful  goalkeeper useless, Hegasi shaky and I like him, no midfield whatsoever Brunt and  Morrison been here to long and finished at this level and Livermore not good enough no shape no tactics don't seem to be able to pass just hoof  it long and then it comes straight back at us bloody awful we got out of jail tonight and it only papered over the cracks.Awful

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #514 on: August 07, 2018, 10:33:15 PM »
I'm not down with people saying Moore needs to go after 2 games. Yes, he seems either naïve or afraid to take chances, but saying he has to go now is scandalous.

The subs appear to be causing confusion again, so hopefully he will address this.

I think most of us would have taken a point before kick off.

It's not two games though, is it? It's eight. And while I concede that's still not a long time, those first six games were important as they were his audition, and there are a number of fans who weren't overly enamoured with what they saw during that period.

Sadly the concerns we had then still seem to be prevalent now, even after a pre-season to shape the squad and against lesser opposition.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #515 on: August 07, 2018, 10:33:57 PM »
That Barnes chance looks worse every time I’ve seen it, how did he miss  :(

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #516 on: August 07, 2018, 10:37:20 PM »
Forest had enough chances to have finished us off by half time. Awful performance, didn’t look as if they’ve trained together. We need Dawson at centre back, he is far and away the best defender we have; Hegazi is erratic, Bartley a donkey and as for the City kid, is he really better that Fitzwater? Don’t expect any exciting last minute signings, though, I cannot see our esteemed owner laying out any cash for transfers. This club will never recover while that man owns our Club.

LiamTheBaggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #517 on: August 07, 2018, 10:38:39 PM »
It was rubbish.

There is no idea going forward of what this side is trying to do. No cohesion either which stems from a centre midfield pairing that is immobile and not good enough - not helped by the poor movement elsewhere. Guedioria gave both Brunt and Livermore a lesson in controlling a football match for 75 mins.

We was better when Gayle came onto the pitch and gave us another option. It still was not good enough and showed up the glaring deficiencies this squad has.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggie82

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #518 on: August 07, 2018, 10:42:17 PM »
That Barnes chance looks worse every time I’ve seen it, how did he miss  :(

Yeah he should have buried it, you could tell from his reaction he couldn't believe he missed himself, I think he tried to hit it too hard. Shame but we didn't deserve it.

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #519 on: August 07, 2018, 10:49:07 PM »
Make no mistake this is going to be a long hard season..As far as transfers i truly believe DM as no say in it and he is nothing more than a scapegoat..
Where is Lai no statement from him nothing about where he wants us to be or what he expects this season...
Anybody hoping for promotion this season forget it as long as Lai recoups money that he laid out for the club he will be contented..
Thanks jezza for only doing a deal that will benefit the club...Yea right...

Spot on with last sentence mucker. Jeremy was only ever interested in himself.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #520 on: August 07, 2018, 10:50:01 PM »
93 mins in and he brings on HRK for J-Rod. Says everything about the mindset of the man in charge. Time-wasting, taking off a threatening player, bringing on a useless one. Compeltey negative except for the last 10 mins when he had to go for it because we were losing. If that is our game plan then we are screwed.

A thoroughly undeserved point which shouldn't mask an awful performance.

Jrod was injured. He went off for that reason. He took a heavy knock in a slide tackle and was limping.
HRK was the only player who can in theory hold the ball up...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Commentary
« Reply #521 on: August 07, 2018, 10:50:21 PM »
No TalkSPORT 2 for anyone abroad in case they were wondering.  >:(
I stand corrected. Commentary was available outside U.K. It may be only Saturday games that aren’t available. The commentators certainly made it out to be a cracking game.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #522 on: August 07, 2018, 10:51:14 PM »
The Man City lad reminded me of Leon Barnett a bit tonight; good at times but lacked concentration and we nearly paid for it twice. Hopefully he can get rid of his mistakes as he clearly has a good core.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Westie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #523 on: August 07, 2018, 10:57:25 PM »
They were rubbish, missed some clear fouls and fortunately for us, don’t know that shirt pulling in the penalty area should result in a penalty!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #524 on: August 07, 2018, 11:02:41 PM »
I thought the refs in the Prem were bad...The ones I have seen in Chapionship are discusting with not realising what is going on. They definitely need VAR to instruct them.