West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Director of Football  (Read 795 times)

Offline tambag

• Youth Baggie
Director of Football
« on: May 16, 2018, 04:56:45 PM »
I wonder who we could be getting for this position.  Steve Walsh has just been relieved off his duties at Everton ?

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
Re: Director of Football
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:28:31 PM »
I think we will go foreign.

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 06:11:51 PM »
People are saying about Terranneo's input with the new manager but i think this is arguably a bigger job and the scouting department.

Online baggiejohn

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:21:27 PM »
People are saying about Terranneo's input with the new manager but i think this is arguably a bigger job and the scouting department.

The whole rebuild is a massive job, & I have my doubts that it can be done properly before the new season starts.

I have a feeling we might take a punt on DM, with Terranneo staying on for the rest of 2018 to buy us more time.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 06:51:58 PM »
I wonder who we could be getting for this position.  Steve Walsh has just been relieved off his duties at Everton ?
He did so well there they have relieved him of his duties so what makes you think he'd be good for us?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 12:49:58 PM »

When we appointed Terraneo on a six month deal, it said to me that we were waiting for somebody to become available. I heard Walsh might be getting the boot from Everton, and I think he's the kind of guy we need.

2 plus 2 doesn't equal 4 as far as we're concerned, but if he wants the job, he has a good track record, and we'd be foolish not to at least interview him.

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 01:12:03 PM »
I actually think Terraneo isn't looking for a new director, but is instead auditioning for the job himself. I could be wrong, and maybe he genuinely doesn't want another full time job at this stage of his career, but it was only 2 years ago he was happy to work full time at Fenerbache, so what's to say he doesn't want this full time?

I'm feeling very uncertain about our future at the moment. Terraneo is far from my first choice for director of football, and although I really like Dean Smith, Terraneo's seeming failure to find an alternative coach from abroad does seem to lack imagination.

I guess we will see in the summer what his transfer advice is like (or if it is listened to and used). He certainly failed at Fener.
Boing Boing