West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: fuel prices  (Read 722 times)

Online caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
fuel prices
« on: April 29, 2018, 06:52:02 AM »
have other posters noticed big increases in petrol & diesel in the last few days? living in a rural area it's always been a bit dearer but can't ever recall 9 pence a litre increases overnight, sure fact I've never seen it drop by that amount.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
Re: fuel prices
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 07:12:35 AM »
have other posters noticed big increases in petrol & diesel in the last few days? living in a rural area it's always been a bit dearer but can't ever recall 9 pence a litre increases overnight, sure fact I've never seen it drop by that amount.

Petrol back up to $75 a barrel
And the pound got absolutely smashed this last week on the forex exchange, it's down about 7% against the dollar mainly because mr carnage mark carney head of Bank of England said some very pessimistic stuff. That's why the fuel has suddenly shot up in price
O Albion we love you

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 04:50:53 PM »
Petrol back up to $75 a barrel
And the pound got absolutely smashed this last week on the forex exchange, it's down about 7% against the dollar mainly because mr carnage mark carney head of Bank of England said some very pessimistic stuff. That's why the fuel has suddenly shot up in price
That would be fuel bought and paid for on the wholesale market many months ago
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Online hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »
The pound went down because economic figures ruled out an interest rate rise which the speculators had gambled on which in turn pushed the pound up the previous week
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:38:05 AM »
I’m a slave to the oil prices. I work 60 miles away, my commute is up the M3 from Winchester to West London 3 times a week.

Do roughly 20k a year. My reliable diesel Civic has 140k on her so I reckon I’ve got 18 months - 2 years left on her before I upgrade. I want all the motorway safety features, adaptive cruise control, blind spot alerts, lane assist etc.

Do I go diesel again or hybrid? Fed up of being governed by oil prices but we’re in too much of a transition to get a reasonably priced hybrid.

But then diesels are going to be taxed to smithereens! I’m thinking of a 2-3 year diesel lease to get me over the transition.

Offline The Tank

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »
I’m a slave to the oil prices. I work 60 miles away, my commute is up the M3 from Winchester to West London 3 times a week.

Do roughly 20k a year. My reliable diesel Civic has 140k on her so I reckon I’ve got 18 months - 2 years left on her before I upgrade. I want all the motorway safety features, adaptive cruise control, blind spot alerts, lane assist etc.

Do I go diesel again or hybrid? Fed up of being governed by oil prices but we’re in too much of a transition to get a reasonably priced hybrid.

But then diesels are going to be taxed to smithereens! I’m thinking of a 2-3 year diesel lease to get me over the transition.

It seems you are, unfortunately, more a slave to the £.

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 02:14:28 PM »
It seems you are, unfortunately, more a slave to the £.

You could say that, but all of my industry is centered on London. I wouldn’t find work outside of it for what I am trained to do. And I only work 3 days a week on average so it’s a good work life balance.

Looking at plug in hybrids but they are so expensive. They really need to come down in price.

Online OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 04:45:38 PM »

I've just changed my car and had another diesel, no tax at all as its an ecoflex Insignia. Was contemplating a petrol but in the end plumped for another diesel, had to think of what benefits me now not down the line.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 04:11:02 PM »
I've just changed my car and had another diesel, no tax at all as its an ecoflex Insignia. Was contemplating a petrol but in the end plumped for another diesel, had to think of what benefits me now not down the line.
[/b]

I said that to the missus but no we got a new petrol car instead of a diesel one cause she wanted a cleaner planet for the next generation.  Bloody tree hugger.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

Offline WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 11:43:28 AM »
I said that to the missus but no we got a new petrol car instead of a diesel one cause she wanted a cleaner planet for the next generation.  Bloody tree hugger.
Yep, continue to destroy the environment because it's someone else's problem and not yours isn't it? Because your attitude prevails in society is precisely why everything has got into the destructive, poisonous mess that it is.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 12:41:05 AM »
Yep, continue to destroy the environment because it's someone else's problem and not yours isn't it? Because your attitude prevails in society is precisely why everything has got into the destructive, poisonous mess that it is.

Behave

Diesel isn't going away, it'll still fuel every agricultural vehicle going and (without checking) every military vehicle. Our (the UK) use is minimal, look to the States and China for any real environmental change...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 07:47:06 AM »

Behave

Diesel isn't going away, it'll still fuel every agricultural vehicle going and (without checking) every military vehicle. Our (the UK) use is minimal, look to the States and China for any real environmental change...
It's not often I agree with you Jacko but here I certainly do as I had to recently point out to some acquaintances that the UK is not solely responsible for all the plastic in the worlds oceans and any reduction in use measures taken here in the UK will have absolutely minimal effect on the global plastics in the oceans problem
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2018, 11:44:42 AM »

Behave

Yes this is true but doesn’t stop you from getting your own house in order. Air quality in our cities is dreadful and it’s our actions that can prevent that. I’m a diesel driver but the sooner it is fazed out the better.

Than being said, air quality in the countryside isn’t as much of an issue so I would expect agriculture would be a slower faze out. Everything will be electric one day, natural progress.

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2018, 01:23:13 PM »
I think KC comment was a bit tongue in cheek, not sure if yours is it looks to me like someone his getting on his high horse and giving it the moral superiority BS.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 01:29:42 PM by KYA »