West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Darren Moore sacked  (Read 247049 times)

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
Re: Darren Moore sacked
« Reply #2550 on: January 05, 2019, 11:21:59 AM »
You are so confusing. In an earlier post you said you didn’t see the point signing players. Now you say the window is the most important thing.

Because of the potential of losing our most prized assets simple.  We don't need to add but replace if the need arises IMO.

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2551 on: January 05, 2019, 11:23:18 AM »
But what if they are out of form, or injured? 

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2552 on: January 05, 2019, 11:26:14 AM »
The 3 mentioned won't be out of form they are a cut above in this division.

How big a squad do you want 30, 35, 40?  Only 11 start a match.

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2553 on: January 05, 2019, 11:30:13 AM »
The 3 mentioned won't be out of form they are a cut above in this division.

How big a squad do you want 30, 35, 40?  Only 11 start a match.

Minimum 2 for each position, always looking to improve the quality. Don’t know what the problem is.

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2554 on: January 05, 2019, 11:33:51 AM »
The bloody problem is having too many players and keeping them happy.  Do you really want 15/20 knocking Big Dave's door every week?  I've already mentioned selection issues the problem will be highlighted twofold.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 01:55:44 PM by MarkW »

Offline Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #2555 on: January 05, 2019, 11:51:26 AM »
Minimum 2 for each position, always looking to improve the quality. Don’t know what the problem is.
Think 2 per place is a bit too much , we do however need a few quality signings for the squad and to get a few youngsters out on loan just as Burke has done Today.
Most likely will be loans in and loans out IMO.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Offline Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #2556 on: January 05, 2019, 11:56:48 AM »
My main gripe is that we clearly played the wrong personnel for too long but some of you lot refuse to see it. 

I'm suck to death of Swansea and Stoke references, who cares about them.

It's gone so it's time to park it and look forward.  We can only change the present and future.

It's important we re-focus on the squad and what it looks like come 1 Feb.  The transfer window is the most important thing for this club now.

For instance if we lose Hegazi, Barnes and Phillips then I'd take 6th all day long.
If another member chooses to reference another club thats up to them , its a forum for all within reason of course.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2557 on: January 05, 2019, 11:59:46 AM »
The bloody problem is having too many players and keeping them happy.  Do u really want 15/20 knocking Big Dave's door every week?  I've already mentioned selection issues the problem will be highlighted twofold.

I don’t think that is our problem at all.

Online Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #2558 on: January 05, 2019, 01:50:37 PM »
I don’t think that is our problem at all.
I agree the problem isn’t numbers it’s depth of quality particularly in certain positions
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline TheBrom

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2559 on: January 05, 2019, 03:30:13 PM »
Thought he got the balance of youth and experience bang on today and will have benefited greatly from seeing a number of the fringe players play.

In my opinion I’d like to see more of Harper and potentially Edwards around the first team.

Will also be interesting to see what the defence looks like against Norwich as Holgate was good at right back today, as was Tosin in the middle.

Offline BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2560 on: January 10, 2019, 09:23:21 AM »

Darren has been nominated for manager of the month award  for December's unbeaten run.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Offline gazberg

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2561 on: January 10, 2019, 10:46:41 AM »
Brinigng in Gary Walsh as goalkeeper coach to replace Cutler.

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #2562 on: January 12, 2019, 02:10:27 PM »
In my opinion, because Darren was an understudy to Pulis, he won't use our youth and prefers old men to play. Pulis has rubbed off onto him.

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2563 on: January 12, 2019, 02:15:28 PM »
In my opinion, because Darren was an understudy to Pulis, he won't use our youth and prefers old men to play. Pulis has rubbed off onto him.
you mean the Pulis who used both Feild and Leko? Overall I’d agree he doesn’t like youth but he did to an ok degree while here.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #2564 on: January 12, 2019, 03:00:20 PM »
Masterstroke from Darren akin to Leeds imo. His hand has been forced by injuries to Phillips and Morrison but he has gone with Rekeem who now lives and dies by his performance. Very pleased.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2565 on: January 12, 2019, 04:59:45 PM »
No Albion fan can comprehend playing 37 and 34 year olds for 90 mins when we have replacements on the bench.

Fail to win at Bolton then play offs is all we can hope for.

Offline mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2566 on: January 12, 2019, 05:02:42 PM »
Manager needs changing, players need buying. Unfortunately we have an owner with no interest so nothing changes

Offline tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #2567 on: January 12, 2019, 05:07:42 PM »
Manager needs changing, players need buying. Unfortunately we have an owner with no interest so nothing changes

The manager does not need changing don’t be silly

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Offline 17GD

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2568 on: January 12, 2019, 05:09:53 PM »
This is the problem with owners who know jack about football but have lots of money. They don't want to invest, it's just about turnover.

Darren won't last long if he keeps failing to make subs. I question his ability to make key decisions. He seems like a nice guy, and nice guys finish last. He blathers on about a tough, busy schedule, but doesn't make use of subs.

And considering he was a defender himself, our defence is shocking. Usually the position the coach played in is the first to be improved. The reason you don't see a great number of GKs in management positions.

Offline mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2569 on: January 12, 2019, 05:35:41 PM »
The manager does not need changing don’t be silly

If you like watching the Championships best striker playing left wing then fair enough, keep him. It’s criminal.

Offline telford baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2570 on: January 12, 2019, 05:38:53 PM »
Masterstroke from Darren akin to Leeds imo. His hand has been forced by injuries to Phillips and Morrison but he has gone with Rekeem who now lives and dies by his performance. Very pleased.
probably wont play him again when livermore and mozza are back..and obviously the love child brunt will be in front of him..harper only played because of injurys not cause moore wants to play the kids..he likes them old and crap

Offline maximus

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2571 on: January 12, 2019, 05:40:10 PM »
HRK/Jrod but especially HRK offer very little goal threat, Take Jrods pens away and his not even double figures, Let alone he just runs around and less said about HRK's goal record the better, I said before the game Barnes/Gayle was carrying us. Now we have only Gayle and he plays out wide!

Big Dave too nice and will babble on about learning and improving while analysing the game etc. Make subs earlier, Used to drive me mad under Roy aswell.

Offline Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #2572 on: January 12, 2019, 06:04:10 PM »
HRK/Jrod but especially HRK offer very little goal threat, Take Jrods pens away and his not even double figures, Let alone he just runs around and less said about HRK's goal record the better, I said before the game Barnes/Gayle was carrying us. Now we have only Gayle and he plays out wide!

Big Dave too nice and will babble on about learning and improving while analysing the game etc. Make subs earlier, Used to drive me mad under Roy aswell.

I just find this view to be ridiculous. Philips is more important than both. JROD has had an excellent season and performs an important role. Barry has stepped up and looks a different class in midfield. Also with the signing of Holgate we now arguably have the best back four in the division. Johnstone may be no Foster but he is as good as any keeper in this league. Despite losing both Barnes and Philips and with other injuries/suspensions we were still unfortunate not to beat the team who before today were second in the league. We're not being carried by two players by any means, we are one of the top sides in the division.

Offline wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2573 on: January 12, 2019, 06:17:05 PM »
Matt Wilson asked him about lack of subs, Moore's response: "Hindsight is a great thing".

Doesn't help himself does he? I can see it in real time, why can't he? Why can he only see it with hindsight when it's his job? I saw it against Brentford as well, we were desperate for a sub, Mozza could barely move and it ends up costing us. I said it would be his downfall on here after that game and nothing has changed.

It's why I don't think he's going to make it in the long run, I've seen too many characteristics ingrained in his management style that are holding us back. The 3 teams above us have worse squads, but far better head coaches who utilise everything at their disposal to get results.

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2574 on: January 12, 2019, 06:24:21 PM »
Absolute nail on the head.

I got shot down for saying all this about 2 weeks ago.