West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 132206 times)

timdon, DannyAJM and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline paulosull

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2325 on: December 08, 2018, 01:08:21 PM »
Anyone know how many player's have started for us this year must be the fewest in league

Offline Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2326 on: December 08, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
As I see it, following the relegation, the steady decline, chopping and changing of Head Coaches (4 in one season if you count Sir Gary) and looking at the Summer transfer upheaval (particularly the loss of our best GK for years) and teams we were putting out in the first few pre- season friendlies in the Summer, then if anyone had asked us if we would be satisfied to be sitting in 3rd place (appreciate that may change later today) and scoring 44 goals in the league, then for the majority of us, we'd have definitely exceeded expectations.

Darren Moore deserves huge credit for that. He also represents the club with great dignity.

Whether it'll get us promotion, well who knows?

Looking at the table, even going as low as 12th place Stoke, you see teams who could conceivably put together a run of results to catapult themselves into automatic contention.

In addition, from the outside looking in, it does appears that there's no great pot of cash left over from the Prem era and it's a matter of wheeling and dealing on a self financing basis.

Of course there's been issues, with formations, some of the Summer recruitment of players hasn't quite worked as we'd all hoped and defensive frailties have raised their ugly head which we clearly need to work on, but as we approach the end of the year, I'm not really sure anyone could have got more out of this squad than he has.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 01:45:37 PM by Brummie Road »

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2327 on: December 08, 2018, 03:44:13 PM »
Anyone know how many player's have started for us this year must be the fewest in league
i dont know about starting  but i can tell you that we've used 24 players so far, which is around the average.

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2328 on: December 08, 2018, 04:10:52 PM »
I’ve been saying for the last 2 months that the midfield wasn’t mobile enough.  We’ve been better with Morrison but for me we’ve got some tough decisions to make in January or June.  We need to decide what we do with Brunt, Hoolanhan, Barry and possibly Livermore and Morrison. 

I reckon we’ll get away with it against the lesser sides as our overall quality should tell.  The teams we play with greater quality will punish us (certainly if we get promoted).

The other point i’ll make is that if Sako and Burke aren’t utilised over a hectic Xmas then surely they’ll be surplus to requirements too?

Offline SirTonyM

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2329 on: December 08, 2018, 05:43:36 PM »
We have a few quality players but a poor squad (despite what the media says). Moore needs to be backed in January. A right back and 2 younger centre midfielders with energy (box to box) are vital. A new goalie might be good too ;)
I think DM is doing a good job all things considered.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #2330 on: December 08, 2018, 08:20:17 PM »
I’ve been saying for the last 2 months that the midfield wasn’t mobile enough.  We’ve been better with Morrison but for me we’ve got some tough decisions to make in January or June.  We need to decide what we do with Brunt, Hoolanhan, Barry and possibly Livermore and Morrison. 

I reckon we’ll get away with it against the lesser sides as our overall quality should tell.  The teams we play with greater quality will punish us (certainly if we get promoted).

The other point i’ll make is that if Sako and Burke aren’t utilised over a hectic Xmas then surely they’ll be surplus to requirements too?

Hoolahan will be released. Sako seems a strange one because he hasn't even had a go. Might as well get rid of him too. Barry will be released come summer regardless of division and possibly Brunt if we're going to continue with 433.

Mears should be released on the basis we're going to sign a good right back whose going straight into the first 11.

Kids need to go out on loan; leko Edwards field etc. Although if hoolahan is released and Burke gets shipped out maybe Edwards will get a go.
O Albion we love you

Offline Standaman

• WBA Coach
« Reply #2331 on: December 08, 2018, 11:44:48 PM »
This seems like a circular argument. On the one hand we do have the one of the better squads in the Championship and possibly Moore could be getting better results out of it although we are a bit off the automatic places we have spent most of the season in the top 6. After the dislocation of relegation that is better than a lot of relegated teams have managed in recent seasons.

I honestly cannot see how posters can be seriously suggest that we should be replacing him
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Offline BalisPen

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #2332 on: Yesterday at 12:47:47 AM »
This next transfer window is possibly the most important of recent times.

It will show us the owners intentions and the recruitment skills of the new team of LD and Co and their knowledge and connections.

If the right players are brought in then we can push for top 2, but if they aren't then we will be lucky to scrape into the top 6.

Fingers crossed we'll be a much more handyside by the time we play the vile next time.

Offline Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2333 on: Today at 08:55:11 AM »
People have been complaining about Darren Moore's use of substitutes this season, quite rightly at times, but his decision to bring Brunt on on Friday certainly influenced the game. It was his pass that led to the cross for the equaliser.

We went 4-2-4 chasing the equaliser on Friday (Brunt and Barry in midfield, Barnes left, Burke right, JRod and Gayle through the middle) - again a Darren Moore decision which paid off. Phillips pushed further forward as the game went on and in the end played as an attacking right back and it was he who provided the cross for the hand of Rod goal.

Well done Darren.