West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Darren Moore sacked  (Read 253493 times)

Offline Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Darren Moore sacked
« Reply #325 on: May 08, 2018, 07:50:05 AM »
Martin Samuels take in the Daily Mail, looking at whether DM should get the job and contrasting his record to those of Appleton and Smith. An interesting read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5700651/MARTIN-SAMUEL-West-Brom-lack-respect-Darren-Moores-magic-touch.html
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #326 on: May 08, 2018, 08:25:24 AM »
He has to be given a year, we could be missing out on a great manager here. Every appointment is a risk.

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #327 on: May 08, 2018, 08:26:17 AM »
And can we re-run the poll?

Offline bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2018, 09:03:04 AM »
Martin Samuels take in the Daily Mail, looking at whether DM should get the job and contrasting his record to those of Appleton and Smith. An interesting read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5700651/MARTIN-SAMUEL-West-Brom-lack-respect-Darren-Moores-magic-touch.html
Speaks a lot of sense, from somebody not in any way aligned to the club. Obviously ex players have clamoured for Moore, it seems everyone thinks Moore deserves a crack. Everyone except those within the club boardroom. Having read that article it’s hard to see how Appleton is even viewed as a viable alternative at all. Give ‘im a goo.

Offline Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #329 on: May 08, 2018, 09:59:11 AM »
Having read the article in The Mail I would tend to agree with Martin Samuels. He speaks a lot of sense and why should the position go to someone 'less deserving' than Darren. He has stepped into the role and as well as out performing both Pulis and Pardew he conducted himself really well in a way that I would want a manger to represent the club.
His after match interviews come across really well, he obviously loves the club and has grown into this job. There are so many reasons why he should have the job and very few why he shouldn't. All this lack of experience business is a poor excuse for not appointing him, whilst the ones with so called experience are not that special anyway. This dithering about could cost us in the long term. The next few weeks will be vital (whatever happens between now and next Sunday) but to retain Darren would be a major statement by the club and show that we actually mean business and will back someone who undoubtedly wants this club to do well, embraces the supporters, can organise and motivate players and has brought smiles back to this club.
To those is charge --JUST GET ON WITH IT.

Offline boinging_along

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #330 on: May 08, 2018, 10:02:14 AM »
I'd agree with that but what about the fans who put the style of football ahead of everything else?   We don't know if Big Dave will play a more expansive game in the future and he is having to work with a squad with limitations - but, IF the way we're playing now is indicative about how we'd play in the future there'll be a lot of unhappy fans around.

Personally, I think the results mean everything - if we're winning and picking up points then people won't care how we play of who's in charge.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #331 on: May 08, 2018, 10:35:33 AM »
IF Darren is so in tune with the club and the fans he will know that we want more entertaining football, however he doesn't have the tools to make that happen at the moment.
Is he capable of building what we (Standaman and myself to name 2) want? Thats a total unknown, I do believe its too big a gamble to give to a untried coach, BUT put the correct man alongside him and it reduces the risk.

Clough & Taylor, Ferguson and Kidd, Ferguson & Carlos Queiroz, Wenger & Bould, Anfield boot room,  Lone coaches are not the way to sustained success, even the capped one had Kempey FFS !
Yes Darren and Shan seem to be a team but I maintain that somewhere in the organisation we need a mentor if we are going to let Darren take the reins in SUCH an important time in the clubs history.
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #332 on: May 08, 2018, 05:05:34 PM »
well done indeed to Darren Moore
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Offline 17GD

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #333 on: May 08, 2018, 05:07:31 PM »
Fantastic news that he's won Manager of the Month!

No one deserves it more than he does!

Offline gerry m

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #334 on: May 08, 2018, 05:13:23 PM »
Well done Darren :D

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #335 on: May 08, 2018, 05:17:21 PM »
Great news and fully deserved.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #336 on: May 08, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »
Barclays Premier League Manager of the Month for April 2018.

Superb from the big man.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #337 on: May 08, 2018, 05:29:52 PM »
The one thing the appointment of Big D would do is re unify / re connect a club that has become very fractured and divided. No other candidate would be able to do that in as short a space of time regardless of their experience something the board need to take into consideration when making the next , vital appointment
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #338 on: May 08, 2018, 05:36:07 PM »
Congratulations Big Dave. Fully deserved.

Offline Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #339 on: May 08, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »
There's only one Big Dave! More than fully deserved, I think it would not be a tragedy we don't ride on this upturn and give him the job for next season now. Just imagine how awful it'd feel if we change and fall into another crap spell given most our squad seem to have issues with getting along with the manager...I say rise on the momentum and give him the job!!

Also really nice touch him brining out all the staff for his award, what a humble gentleman.
Astle is the King!

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #340 on: May 08, 2018, 06:06:32 PM »
Congratulations Dave now give him the job!

Offline kirk

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #341 on: May 08, 2018, 06:37:23 PM »
It’s a real shame the colour of his skin has been mentioned regarding why he hasn’t been given the job.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #342 on: May 08, 2018, 06:38:00 PM »
No don't give him the job. There is a world of difference between his current role and the one he'd  be expected to carry out next season. Fans are more than happy to concede possession for a result against Man U and Spurs but do that at home to Norwich and Brentford will soon bring the knives out. We have to evolve as a club and this is the perfect opportunity. This is a massive appointment that will determine the next five years or so. We must look at the bigger picture.

Offline tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #343 on: May 08, 2018, 06:38:48 PM »
Excellent news for Darren..fully deserved

should he get the job FT? If we go down YES, if we stay up? I’m undecided
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #344 on: May 08, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »
It’s a real shame the colour of his skin has been mentioned regarding why he hasn’t been given the job.
That's just pathetic to be honest. Some people just can't help themselves.

Offline baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #345 on: May 08, 2018, 07:01:52 PM »

As far as I'm aware, the permanent head coach job hasn't been filled yet.

Non white managers in football has been a contentious issue in football circles for some time now, so it was inevitable it would be commented on.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #346 on: May 08, 2018, 07:03:45 PM »
After the terrific run of games he engineered, as I said earlier in this thread, I couldn’t think of anyone who deserves it more.

Well done Darren and thank you for restoring pride to the club and the ride of hope!
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #347 on: May 08, 2018, 07:10:33 PM »
As far as I'm aware, the permanent head coach job hasn't been filled yet.

Non white managers in football has been a contentious issue in football circles for some time now, so it was inevitable it would be commented on.

This I do agree with even a club with our rich history is not above scrutiny. Black coaches are under represented and given Moore's record looking from the outside in it must be baffling to other fans and the media that he isn't hot favourite for the position.

We know it's a big job with a big rebuild ahead. Others just see Champions League form against Champions League teams.

The issue was bound to come up.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #348 on: May 08, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »
It's an incredible achievement for him. I think he above all will be thinking, 'if only I had taken over sooner'. Tremendous accolade for him and he thoroughly deserves it.

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #349 on: May 08, 2018, 07:15:29 PM »

I heard a comment, possibly from Liam Rosenior pre-empting that he won't get it because he's black, it could've been somebody else but surely pre-empting racism is a problem too?!

The reasons he may not get it are all here on this board; is he a long term answer? Will he play the right style? Is he ready for a long Championship season where we'll be expected to take the game to teams? If we stay up will he offer evolution of the playing style?

Personally i think we can't judge his style on what he's done so far, he's got it bang on in every game since Swansea and even in that game he stopped the losing streak.

Big well done and deserved award.