West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Darren Moore sacked  (Read 246691 times)

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
Re: Darren Moore sacked
« Reply #4050 on: July 11, 2019, 03:47:39 PM »
Without looking (so excuse me if its common knowledge) but it will be interesting to see who he chooses as past of his backroom staff.

I wish the bloke well, he will probably do well enough to get around the play offs, he has something about him which makes players want to do well for him.

If he is able to go back to his mindsight when he first became caretaker manager, as opposed to how we tried to play with Jones, then he should do well enough.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4051 on: July 11, 2019, 04:28:00 PM »
Jimmy Shan to Donny as asst?
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4052 on: July 11, 2019, 04:45:45 PM »
I wish the bloke every success. I really do.

I just think it speaks volumes that after leaving us in 4th in the Championship, he's had to drop down a level for his next job.

Offline NJS

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #4053 on: July 11, 2019, 06:13:27 PM »
Interesting that people blame Big Dave's managerial shortcomings on Graeme Jones as if they were in the team talks and dugout.  How Jones gets on at Luton should settle it.  But if he was giving duff advice to DM, DM didn't need to take it.
Hales Owen born.  "No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude."  Karl Popper
"You can be so irrational at times." Mrs NJS

Offline 17GD

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4054 on: July 11, 2019, 06:27:48 PM »

I just think it speaks volumes that after leaving us in 4th in the Championship, he's had to drop down a level for his next job.

Can kind of see where you're coming from, but look at the players he had to work with last season. We had freescoring strikers and some other PL players. Would he have got to 4th with another team? I'm not sure he would. My main issue with him was not learning from his mistakes quick enough.

I genuinely wish him all the best though. Is a great bloke and will always be a hero here.

Offline sing on our own

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4055 on: July 11, 2019, 07:19:01 PM »

could say the same about Bilic I suppose 🤔

Offline baggie38

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4056 on: July 11, 2019, 07:22:45 PM »
Look we all love big Dave as a person he is a gentle giant and gives his time for everyone but the fact is he shouldn't of been handed the job. That winning run towards the end of the premier League season was the worst thing that could of happened as it gave the board a easy decision to make. We should of gone for someone such as Dean Smith who has worked wonders with shoe string budgets. Sacking Darren was the right decision it was failing to replace him with a strong experienced replacement which was the mistake.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4057 on: July 11, 2019, 07:50:18 PM »
hope he gets given a bit more time, plenty of positives to Darren moore as a manager he needed a smaller job to find his feet.
very good opportunity for us to get the likes of leko and possibly o'shea or Fitzwater a loan deal and some game time
O Albion we love you

Online zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4058 on: July 11, 2019, 09:14:43 PM »

Well his win rate including 6 PL matches for a start.
But in a very short unproven career
Still don't think it's deseverd
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
« Reply #4059 on: July 11, 2019, 11:06:32 PM »
Look we all love big Dave as a person he is a gentle giant and gives his time for everyone but the fact is he shouldn't of been handed the job. That winning run towards the end of the premier League season was the worst thing that could of happened as it gave the board a easy decision to make. We should of gone for someone such as Dean Smith who has worked wonders with shoe string budgets. Sacking Darren was the right decision it was failing to replace him with a strong experienced replacement which was the mistake.

A much more reasoned and balanced assessment than my manic rants.

Offline Standaman

• WBA Coach
« Reply #4060 on: July 13, 2019, 10:22:37 AM »
I am pleased that he has got back into the game. I hope he does well at Donny but I wouldn't under estimate the pressure he is under there either. Yes they are in League one but they made the play-offs last year so there are expectations.

Hopefully he will pick up the lessons he has learned from his all too brief spell in charge at the Hawthorns and prove his critics wrong. As ever I am somewhat conflicted about the whole episode, I didn't think he should have been appointed in the first place but nor did I think he should have been sacked when he was.

Good luck to him I will be looking out for his results. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Offline ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4061 on: July 13, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »
All the best Big Dave.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Offline paulosull

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4062 on: July 13, 2019, 01:46:48 PM »
Good luck Darren, hope your successful  :D

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #4063 on: August 02, 2019, 10:06:47 PM »
After watching that tonight, I'm so annoyed with Darren for trusting this guy. Hamstrung himself and was doomed to fail. Massive shame.

It was like watching Albion 18/19 lite.

Sh1te.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline leeiswba

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4064 on: August 02, 2019, 10:38:55 PM »
After watching that tonight, I'm so annoyed with Darren for trusting this guy. Hamstrung himself and was doomed to fail. Massive shame.

It was like watching Albion 18/19 lite.

Sh1te.

I agree mate.

it’s shame because I’ve always quite liked Luton for some reason, think it may have something to do with it’s the away end that stays in my memory more than any other but with Jones there it does make me want them to go down.

Really don’t like the bloke.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #4065 on: August 03, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »
There is a Graeme Jones thread in the general sports section. Can you please post in there. Cheers
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo