West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 262963 times)

Offline Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Darren Moore sacked
« Reply #4000 on: June 24, 2019, 12:39:37 PM »

Was about to post this link. Puts to bed that Darren is in any way thick. Also interesting to note he doesn't mention Jones by name at all.

The fans who called him thick are the thick ones.

Offline Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4001 on: June 24, 2019, 12:47:20 PM »
Gave the club back it's heart, gave the fans some pride, and even in perceived failure has provided a solid base from which to appoint a manager with the prestige of Bilic. 

The period in which Barnes hit his best form and linked with Gayle (and Hegazi started doing Cruyff turns in his own box) was some of the most entertaining football i have seen at the Albion. That might sound like hyperbole but i missed the Albion team who so enthralled with Cyrille and Laurie etc and was bought up on some pretty shoddy fare which was only alleviated by SGM.  The capped wonders diabolical brand of football almost killed the Albion fan in me and it took Darren Moore to apply the resuscitation by at least attempting to do things the right way, so for that i will always be grateful.   

The only real pity for me, and this was always my concern when he got the job, is that it is unlikely he will return to the Hawthorns again in a professional capacity unless coaching/managing the opposition.  There aren't many like him in football, and for what he may have lacked in the detail as a manger, he bought the other good stuff in buckets.

I wish him all the success.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:49:52 PM by Oldbury24 »

Offline kris_boing

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #4002 on: June 24, 2019, 12:56:18 PM »
I'd believe what I saw and heard in his interviews over a prepared article that I imagine he was not the only contributor to...

Lovely bloke, but painfully out of his depth.

Have to agree with that.  When I was reading article it didn't seem like it was written by him at all.  Heavily edited perhaps?

Loved him as a player and will always have fond memories of him but I'm not sure top level management is for him.  Would have loved for him to stay with our set up.   I don't blame him for having a go at the top job but he shouldn't have been offered it in the first place.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4003 on: June 24, 2019, 02:59:26 PM »
The fans who called him thick are the thick ones.

...insightful.

Anyone who believes that Darren has sat down on his own and typed that without it being edited by another person is frankly deluded.

Offline Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4004 on: June 24, 2019, 04:31:23 PM »
...insightful.

Anyone who believes that Darren has sat down on his own and typed that without it being edited by another person is frankly deluded.

Of course it's been edited, he's not judged on his ability to write good prose and the English GCSE probably doesn't feature heavily on his CV.  Intelligence comes in many forms and in the piece he comes across as thoughtful and well-balanced.

A lot of the negative reaction came from post match, however, I have heard manager after manager spout cliche so did not really judge him on those interviews, flawed as they may have been.  They followed a standard football manager template of saying nothing but keeping the journo's in copy however mundane.  What i don't remember though is hearing any utter bull spouted by him, and i'll take that. 

Offline gazberg

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4005 on: June 24, 2019, 04:47:46 PM »
I dunno about not spouting bull. When questioned as to why he was insisting they play it out from the back even though the players weren't capable and this error of his was costing us numerous goals and points he said he wanted to continue on and it would be worth the pain! Nice one DM.

He was as one dimensional as Pulis and reeled out the same awful soundbites after every game. Only difference why DM got such a free ride is our fanbase like DM and couldn't care less for Pulis.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4006 on: June 26, 2019, 08:40:51 AM »
Lincoln City boss Danny Cowley and former West Brom manager Darren Moore are favourites to take charge of Derby County if Frank Lampard leaves for Chelsea.

Good luck Darren, he’s 7/1 to be the next Derby Country Manager

Source: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-next-manager-odds-3017452
Prediction, we are heading for a hung parliament

Offline gazberg

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4007 on: July 10, 2019, 06:11:57 PM »
New manager at Doncaster rovers. Good place for him to really start his management career. We were too.much too soon for him. Good luck

Online wbastrollers

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4008 on: July 10, 2019, 06:20:28 PM »
I sincerely hope he does well - I will keep an eye on his progress.
COME ON DONNY!!

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #4009 on: July 10, 2019, 06:23:18 PM »
Hope he does well,I'll look for their results with interest
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4010 on: July 10, 2019, 06:37:52 PM »
Good luck Darren, you deserve it
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
« Reply #4011 on: July 10, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »
Nice bloke but never be a football manager.

Anyone who takes off a centre forward for a centre half in a cup tie, and then uses all his subs before extra time has no business in football. Never seen anything as daft in all my years.
It's only because he played for Albion that people feel the need to make excuses or him.

It's due to the board appointing a pure novice that we  are where we are now. A bloody clown could see what was going to happen. Surprised he lasted until March, Barnes got him out of jail a few times particularly at hillsborough when he took the two strikers off again when we were 2-0 down.
I get so so angry when people keep mentioning him. He was like Don Howe, iconic player for us but a terrible manager. But Don Howe had got a footballing brain and knowledge of the game, his mistake was trying to turn a free flowing attacking side into a defensive one.

Darren Moore? Might as well have given the job to a Moth.

Offline CL3MO

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4012 on: July 10, 2019, 06:53:56 PM »
Seems a nice fit for him - really hope it all works out and will follow their results curiously.

Offline HamsteadHarry

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #4013 on: July 10, 2019, 06:54:23 PM »
Best of luck Darren

Offline gerry m

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4014 on: July 10, 2019, 07:19:36 PM »
Good Luck DM :D

Offline jonny

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4015 on: July 10, 2019, 07:19:41 PM »
Hope he does well, but another club he played at - did that influence their decision when appointing him?

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
« Reply #4016 on: July 10, 2019, 07:28:19 PM »
To be a good manager you have to come over well to both the public and the players. You have to have personality. Ron Atkinson had it in abundance, though i didn't like the bloke. Clough had it, Shankly had it. It rubs off on the team, it's infectious.
When Darren gave interviews i found it very embarrassing on his behalf, you could see him struggling to put a sentence together and kept falling back on old cliches. This isn't the sort of man to motivate a team.
He had not touchline presence or passion either. We may as well have put a goldfish in a bowl on the touchline.

Offline kanu

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #4017 on: July 10, 2019, 07:29:54 PM »
Nice bloke but never be a football manager.

Anyone who takes off a centre forward for a centre half in a cup tie, and then uses all his subs before extra time has no business in football. Never seen anything as daft in all my years.
It's only because he played for Albion that people feel the need to make excuses or him.

It's due to the board appointing a pure novice that we  are where we are now. A blood clown could see what was going to happen. Surprised he lasted until March, Barnes got him out of jail a few times particularly at hillsborough when he took the two strikers off again when we were 2-0 down.
I get so so angry when people keep mentioning him. He was like Don Howe, iconic

player for us but a terrible manager. But Don Howe had got a footballing brain and knowledge of the game, his mistake was trying to turn a free flowing attacking side into a defensive one.

Darren Moore? Might as well have given the job to a Moth.
Far too harsh, very rude and disrespectful in fact. Whatever his shortcomings he doesn’t deserve comments like that. He was a great player for us and when he became manager he restored pride and was about 3 or 4 points short of pulling off the greatest of great escapes. He may have been a bit out of his depth last year but he kept us in the play off positions and we witnessed attacking, exciting football. It’s the board who threw him in at the deep end as a cheap answer to our managerial dilemma and he did his best and left with his head held high.
Just out of interest, if you bumped into him out and about  would you say that to his face?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 08:22:38 PM by OldburyWBA »

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #4018 on: July 10, 2019, 07:30:18 PM »
To be a good manager you have to come over well to both the public and the players. You have to have personality. Ron Atkinson had it in abundance, though i didn't like the bloke. Clough had it, Shankly had it. It rubs off on the team, it's infectious.
When Darren gave interviews i found it very embarrassing on his behalf, you could see him struggling to put a sentence together and kept falling back on old cliches. This isn't the sort of man to motivate a team.
He had not touchline presence or passion either. We may as well have put a goldfish in a bowl on the touchline.

Yeah that downward spiral we were in just arrested itself the season before last.

Give over DW.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Online mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4019 on: July 10, 2019, 08:20:11 PM »
I wonder if we will see Donny playing it out from the back every single time?

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4020 on: July 10, 2019, 08:23:19 PM »
Great news, hope he tears it up. Will look for their results with interest.

Offline TiptonThrostle

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #4021 on: July 10, 2019, 08:44:55 PM »
Good luck Darren, the level and size club he should of started at in all honesty.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4022 on: July 10, 2019, 08:56:57 PM »
I’m pleased for Darren and the Albion fans who gave him their full backing regardless.

The very best of luck Darren Moore, Albion legend
Prediction, we are heading for a hung parliament

Offline WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4023 on: July 10, 2019, 09:04:50 PM »
I really hope he does well - football is full of idiots and he is not one of them.

However, the realist in me thinks he will fail quickly. With us he had one of the best sides/budgets in the league and in my opinion, underachieved.
Having said that, perhaps without Graeme Jones behind the scenes maybe he will do better.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline baggiemart

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #4024 on: July 10, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »
I really hope he does well - football is full of idiots and he is not one of them.

However, the realist in me thinks he will fail quickly. With us he had one of the best sides/budgets in the league and in my opinion, underachieved.
Having said that, perhaps without Graeme Jones behind the scenes maybe he will do better.

For me it was Graeme Jones who was the downfall for Darren Moore. I suppose he should have been stronger and stuck to his own principles.

I still think if Cyrille had still been alive , Darren Moore would have had him as his assistant.  that would have worked.