West Brom Dot Com

Poll

Do you agree/disagree with the club's decision to sack him.

agree
128 (59.3%)
disagree
88 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Author Topic: Darren Moore sacked  (Read 196443 times)

Offline Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie
Re: Darren Moore sacked
« Reply #3900 on: March 14, 2019, 03:16:05 PM »
The decision is correct on the face of things though I'd have hoped a plan was in place; regards last night Swansea are like that every week, they've got all the best passing stats in the league, last week they hammered Norwich and lost narrowly. Saying things like the top 6 would have had a field day simply isn't true, because they aren't as good creatively as Swansea.

Swansea beat Sheffield Utd a month or so ago, and out-passed them at the time as well.

I believe there is not a great deal between the majority of teams in this division currently and that as the season draws to a close the notion that there are no easy games becomes even more true.

Excellent win yesterday, and it shouldn't be underestimated how crucial it was to quickly bounce back from the recent poor run of results and the sacking of DM.

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3901 on: March 14, 2019, 07:13:20 PM »
The decision is correct on the face of things though I'd have hoped a plan was in place; regards last night Swansea are like that every week, they've got all the best passing stats in the league, last week they hammered Norwich and lost narrowly. Saying things like the top 6 would have had a field day simply isn't true, because they aren't as good creatively as Swansea.

I think Swansea could be some side next year.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3902 on: March 14, 2019, 07:28:02 PM »
I think Swansea could be some side next year.
I was thinking that watching them ping it around

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3903 on: March 16, 2019, 08:13:15 PM »
Always supported Darren Moore even though I never thought he should have been anywhere near the job to start with.
He had to go, and if he was still here would Edwards have started today.
Very brave decision to start with him today, he could also see it was time to give Harper a rest and drop Livermore.
I don't say that Shan is the right man for the job long term but he's the right man for now.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3904 on: March 16, 2019, 08:16:41 PM »
I still find it bizarre that DM used Edwards so much in pre season and he looked the main youth player that was ready to step up this season, then didn’t even give him game time all season.

Today’s preronance for me shows he had something to offer us, the ability to take someone on, that level of no fear about his play. When Barnes left, Kyle should have been getting game time.

If DM was manager, Edwards wouldn’t have even made the bench today.

Offline gazberg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3905 on: March 17, 2019, 04:06:18 AM »
We have 6 from 6, with some good fortune admittedly. If DM was in charge still realistically i would have expected a maximum of 2 points. Shan still has a lot to learn but already showed he is more astute than Moore and Jones. I do not want him as boss. We need an 'outsider'.  Hopefully DM finds a job back in our club but not in charge.

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3906 on: March 18, 2019, 11:29:49 PM »
Remains a massive no from me.

Ultimately he may be given the job and prove me wrong, and if he were given the job I would love for him to prove me wrong, I can't think of many former players who are held in the same esteem as Big Dave with our fans, perhaps only Bomber and Super Bob of those still alive so all i would want is for him to succeed.

Sadly, I just cannot look past the circumstances surrounding the upturn in form and what would be required moving forward and for me it points to bringing in someone who has the experience to deal with what is to come, not someone to learn on the job. It is a unique set of circumstances, there was no pressure on the players when he took charge, they were clearly glad to see the back of Pardew and as a man Big Dave is loved by all, who couldn't love him, and so the players were always going to put the effort in for him (questions raised as to why they weren't putting it in before despite the manager). There is no denying the achievement, but the pressure will be right back on for next season with whoever is in charge, we will be one of the favourites to win the league, rightly so, and therefore the goalposts completely change. We need someone who has experience of at least planning for an entire season, whatever the level, and the dealing with the turbulent times that a full season brings.

Have to say, I absolutely nailed that  ;)

Offline wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3907 on: March 20, 2019, 01:11:03 AM »
We need an 'outsider'.  Hopefully DM finds a job back in our club but not in charge.

well its not going to be as Defensive Coach

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3908 on: March 20, 2019, 08:55:01 AM »
I still find it bizarre that DM used Edwards so much in pre season and he looked the main youth player that was ready to step up this season, then didn’t even give him game time all season.

Today’s preronance for me shows he had something to offer us, the ability to take someone on, that level of no fear about his play. When Barnes left, Kyle should have been getting game time.

If DM was manager, Edwards wouldn’t have even made the bench today.
He really missed a trick there, and if you ask me with Harper too - not playing him till Xmas then virtually every game till he was knackered, sidelining Field as .  My guess is that he had the right intentions, but every week he sat in his office with Jones and the team sheet and they decided maybe just not yet, put the experienced old guys out this week, maybe next week, repeat scenario each game.  Easy with hindsight I suppose, but that's what I think was going on.

Offline gazberg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3909 on: March 20, 2019, 02:37:50 PM »
well its not going to be as Defensive Coach

He needs to learn his trade the old fashioned way i think, from the bottom up.

Offline Standaman

• WBA Coach
« Reply #3910 on: March 20, 2019, 11:06:28 PM »
 Nothing that was likely to happen would have persuaded me that sacking Moore at this time was the right decision. However the aborted manager search does suggest a lack of premeditation.

Either it was very much a knee jerk reaction to our downturn in form or suggestions that a dispute around Jones and his future blew up in Moore's face are not as far fetched as I thought.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Offline paulosull

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3911 on: Today at 12:09:13 AM »
Nothing that was likely to happen would have persuaded me that sacking Moore at this time was the right decision. However the aborted manager search does suggest a lack of premeditation.

Either it was very much a knee jerk reaction to our downturn in form or suggestions that a dispute around Jones and his future blew up in Moore's face are not as far fetched as I thought.
Jenkins has a lot to answer for in this debacle, always looking for cheap option except when it comes to his wages and yearly bonus.