West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: GP Surgeries  (Read 2045 times)

Offline kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
GP Surgeries
« on: February 27, 2018, 03:31:21 PM »
Just had a letter from my Doctors surgery asking me to ring them to book a telephone consultation, I rang and was told the next telephone consultation slot was next Monday the 6th March anytime between 9 and 3 unless I could get to the doctors surgery in 15 minutes, lucky enough I don't live far away.  When I got there the Doctor said "right we have got your physiotherapist report and will be referring you to the hospital, they will be in touch have you got enough pain killers". I was in and out in under 3 minutes.

Why the hell couldn't the letter they sent me just said what the doctor told me and that would have saved every ones time and money.

Don't usually complain about the NHS but this is just plain stupid.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach
Re: GP Surgeries
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 07:23:28 PM »
NHS is great.
It is the bureaucrats who are stupid.

Offline Nathan

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 09:28:08 PM »
NHS is great.
It is the bureaucrats who are stupid.

Absolutely right, just like the laying off of directly employed NHS staff to cut costs then spending twice as much on bringing in temporary agency staff to replace them. What idiotic jobsworth bureaucrats sit there pushing their pens around sanctioning these decisions? It stinks. It's a joke.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 11:53:19 AM »
Absolutely right, just like the laying off of directly employed NHS staff to cut costs then spending twice as much on bringing in temporary agency staff to replace them. What idiotic jobsworth bureaucrats sit there pushing their pens around sanctioning these decisions? It stinks. It's a joke.
Other Agency workers ?
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline Smooth Lad

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 11:19:13 PM »
" Consultants "

"Oh pay me 400k for 6 months work and i'll streamline your operations"

Aka, "i havent got a clue, but i'll use some fancy new untested system I found at uni and see if it works, right after you pay me 400k"

It looks good on paper for the first 5 minutes then, as you say, they have no staff so start hiring agency at twice the price.

Keep St.George in my heart.

Offline DaveWBA

• WBA Coach
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 08:56:53 AM »
Just had a letter from my Doctors surgery asking me to ring them to book a telephone consultation, I rang and was told the next telephone consultation slot was next Monday the 6th March anytime between 9 and 3 unless I could get to the doctors surgery in 15 minutes, lucky enough I don't live far away.  When I got there the Doctor said "right we have got your physiotherapist report and will be referring you to the hospital, they will be in touch have you got enough pain killers". I was in and out in under 3 minutes.

Why the hell couldn't the letter they sent me just said what the doctor told me and that would have saved every ones time and money.

Don't usually complain about the NHS but this is just plain stupid.

Simple answer: they get paid for each face-to-face contact by their commissioners.

Offline Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 11:09:06 AM »
Simple answer: they get paid for each face-to-face contact by their commissioners.

Plus which your GP surgery almost certainly isn’t part of the NHS but is in fact a private business whose sole customer is the National Health Service, who they bleed dry at every opportunity while providing you, the patient, with mediocre services based around the hours they want to work, the services they want to provide and the money they can screw from the system. It’s a rip off.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Offline HamsteadHarry

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 09:39:45 AM »
Our surgery works on the basis of booking an appointment,  which is usually a fortnight away, or coming in at the end of the appointments and waiting for as long as it takes. It is a pain but seems to work. As a kid I remember that our Dr didn't do fixed appointments- you just turned up, asked who was the last person in , sat next to them and moved up one chair as each person went in.

Offline kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 09:42:48 AM »
Our surgery works on the basis of booking an appointment,  which is usually a fortnight away, or coming in at the end of the appointments and waiting for as long as it takes. It is a pain but seems to work. As a kid I remember that our Dr didn't do fixed appointments- you just turned up, asked who was the last person in , sat next to them and moved up one chair as each person went in.
That is how I remember it usually worked out fine, until someone jumped the queue.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.