West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: unregistered schools  (Read 2859 times)

Offline caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
unregistered schools
« on: February 27, 2018, 11:10:03 AM »
what's your thoughts on the matter? didn't realise how big a problem this was after seeing the report on BBC  news last night, is it a potential breeding ground to teach hate? who governs these places to make sure children get the education needed and are the teachers qualified and have they had the required checks of character carried out. find it bizarre these places exist when you consider the strict criteria that exists in registered schools.

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
Re: unregistered schools
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 10:39:07 AM »
All children in this country should be taught under the auspices of the local council and overseen strictly by the education department by our laws.
No religious teaching/ schooling should be allowed in schools,keep it secular.
Religion separates communities in this country and teaching British kids under the name of religion is devisive.
If a parent wants to have their kids schooling overshadowed by religious beliefs they should leave this country and live where a country teaches what they want to teach their kids,not to go underground and sneakily do it,get special educational investigators to track these places down an they must have the power to close them down straight away regardless of what patents say,ask yourself why these so called parents why they don't want their kids to integrate?

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 09:17:59 AM »
All children in this country should be taught under the auspices of the local council and overseen strictly by the education department by our laws.
No religious teaching/ schooling should be allowed in schools,keep it secular.
Religion separates communities in this country and teaching British kids under the name of religion is devisive.

If a parent wants to have their kids schooling overshadowed by religious beliefs they should leave this country and live where a country teaches what they want to teach their kids,not to go underground and sneakily do it,get special educational investigators to track these places down an they must have the power to close them down straight away regardless of what patents say,ask yourself why these so called parents why they don't want their kids to integrate?

Surely teaching children about different faiths allows them to better understand someone else's beliefs and is inclusive rather than divisive? Not teaching about faith would just breed ignorance of faith.

I am concerned about what gets taught in Faith based schools as we have 2 in Hull, 1 C of E and 1 Catholic both of which teach very little to no Sex & Relationships Education and what they do teach is very slanted by their faith.

I don't follow any faith by the way.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 09:56:50 AM »
If a parent wants to have their child to become aware of their religion send them to Sunday school.
It works very very well in France which is totally secular.

Offline MarkW

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 10:37:33 AM »
If a parent wants to have their child to become aware of their religion send them to Sunday school.
It works very very well in France which is totally secular.

There's a massive difference bwtween teaching about multiple faiths and teaching only 1.

Offline east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 10:54:58 AM »
Religion should be taught in schools, outlining the key principles of each major religion from an educational perspective.

But religious schools are wrong, and indoctrinating a child with your own religious beliefs, or lack of religious beliefs, is very wrong. Let kids make their own minds up.

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 03:18:25 PM »
Hey Mark, do you really think that teaching kids about several religions is a good thing,I don't,because a religion based on the Islamic type the parents and other family members will say that theirs is the best,which I think will confuse or brainwash kids.
Keep religion out of schools please ,let the kids choose for themselves when they are old enough to really understand or not bother at all.

Offline east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 04:42:14 PM »
Hey Mark, do you really think that teaching kids about several religions is a good thing,I don't,because a religion based on the Islamic type the parents and other family members will say that theirs is the best,which I think will confuse or brainwash kids.
Keep religion out of schools please ,let the kids choose for themselves when they are old enough to really understand or not bother at all.

I think teaching the key facts about all major religions is fine, I don't really see much harm in that and I'm very anti-religion!

Unfortunately, the religious brainwashing begins at home.

Offline BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 03:27:32 PM »
I'm 14 at my School which I ain't going to say my RE Teacher said That RE is just about Religion it is about Ethics which can get you a Good Job.
Something's in Life are a Fantasy Like Playing Fifa and making Albion win the league unbeaten
Something's in Life are real Birth, Death, Paying Tax, Braking up, Having a Family
Something's in Life are obliged And never to be Forgot. S*****g on those lads in Orange and Black and Claret and Spew

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 08:26:44 AM »

What is a religion of the "Islamic type"?  Islam along with Judaism and Christianity are all Abrahamic religions so are all the same "type".

All religions claim that their's is the best or the right religion. In the same way that football fans all think that their team is the right team or the best team.

Of course teaching about different religions is a good thing otherwise how will anyone understand anything about someone else's faith? They would also be able to see the similarities between their faiths and not just the differences.

For me the major problem with religion is that the people involved in it spend so much time arguing over the messenger that they forget the message.

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 02:22:09 PM »
Hey mate,there is only one religion that seems to claim that their religion should be the biggest and best in the world and we all know which one that is don't we.
I don't hear Christian, Jewish Buddhism etc claiming that do you?

Offline MarkW

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 02:29:50 PM »
Hey mate,there is only one religion that seems to claim that their religion should be the biggest and best in the world and we all know which one that is don't we.

Yes. Have you never had Jehovah's Witnesses at your door?

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 02:41:52 PM »
Do you mean that Jehovah's witnesses claim on your own doorstep that their religion is the best?
I find that incredible they sound like salesmen to me.
No religion is better than another to me but one or two are certainly worse than the status quo.
You can believe in what you like but keep it to yourself don't boast about one is bigger better than the other.
I wonder what the percentage of non believers are against believers in the world is,I don't suppose its possible to find out.
It may be more people don't believe and if that is the case,I don't hear them jumping up and down saying how great it is,do you?

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »

Erm, Roman catholics had a great time convincing central and south america that there's was the only way.

Anglican Missionaries were spreading the word of god all over the planet, for spreading the word read killing / maiming / pillaging etc, etc,

and the "crusades' well ........

Christianity has been a vile religion, in some parts it still is, ask a Ugandan Homosexual about the church ......
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 05:01:06 PM »
Phew,glad I'm not a believer then.

Offline Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 05:26:36 PM »
Erm, Roman catholics had a great time convincing central and south america that there's was the only way.

Anglican Missionaries were spreading the word of god all over the planet, for spreading the word read killing / maiming / pillaging etc, etc,

and the "crusades' well ........

Christianity has been a vile religion, in some parts it still is, ask a Ugandan Homosexual about the church ......

Admittedly I am biased, but I feel the need to point out that Christianity underlies western civilisation and law which has served us well for the last two thousand years.  All religions have proponents who have used portions of a religion to do some harm, but overall the influence of moderate Christianity has I would suggest been positive.  State protestant and catholic schools are often high performing (amazing how many parents start attending mass when their kids are young and they have looked round the local schools on offer), and do not discriminate against anybody.  I would not throw the baby out with the bath water.  We have had some form of religious role in schools ever since they were created. 

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 06:12:37 PM »
Admittedly I am biased, but I feel the need to point out that Christianity underlies western civilisation and law which has served us well for the last two thousand years.  All religions have proponents who have used portions of a religion to do some harm, but overall the influence of moderate Christianity has I would suggest been positive.  State protestant and catholic schools are often high performing (amazing how many parents start attending mass when their kids are young and they have looked round the local schools on offer), and do not discriminate against anybody.  I would not throw the baby out with the bath water.  We have had some form of religious role in schools ever since they were created.

Served us well? Until the last 70 years Europe and the Western world has been a Christianity fuelled bloodbath.

No two ways about it.

I understand faith gives folk comfort. Beyond that it's utterly pointless. In fact it's worse it's divisive.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 12:01:49 PM »

Highlisgted the glaring inaccuracies in your statement there

Christianity has caused the most strife in the world over the years out of any religion bar none.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 12:16:27 PM »

yes, various denominations of Christianity; Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox Church, Jehovah's Witnesses all claim to be the one true religion.

https://carm.org/christianity-one-true-religion

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102008081

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/ocrc/2009/10/why-orthodox-church-is-d-true-faith-and-the-best/

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 12:34:01 PM »
actually, you do. Christianity and Jewdaism are both abrahamic and so follow similar teachings to Islam. In fact Jews are so entrenched in the one true religion belief that they are themselves a race separate from those around them and are specifically selected and favoured by god and it’s passed through blood rather than belief.

Offline baggie53

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 01:04:58 PM »
In every war fought, all sides claim "God is on our side"

In the words of Bob Dylan

"For you don't count the dead, When God's on your side"
Vorwärts die Breithosen !