West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Gun Control in America  (Read 6624 times)

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Gun Control in America
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 12:57:41 PM »
Sandy Hook was the tipping point. Once the U.S. saw primary school age children shot dead and still didn't control it properly, that was the last chance. Now they've decided they can live with that, they will tolerate anything.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2018, 01:57:17 PM »
Sandy Hook was the tipping point. Once the U.S. saw primary school age children shot dead and still didn't control it properly, that was the last chance. Now they've decided they can live with that, they will tolerate anything.

I'm pretty sure that the US hasn't ratified the UN convention on the rights of the child, it is one of only 2 countries which hasn't (the other is Somalia).

The laws around child marriage beggar belief as well.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2018, 02:08:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the US hasn't ratified the UN convention on the rights of the child, it is one of only 2 countries which hasn't (the other is Somalia).

The laws around child marriage beggar belief as well.

Only UN member state not to have done so.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 11:56:09 AM »
Its still living in the wild west with Billy the Trump as sheriff.

Offline Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2018, 03:14:45 AM »
I live in the United States and from that standpoint I can safely say that unless you live here no one has any idea of what happens on a daily basis in this country. Most of the mass shootings carried out are by people with mental problems and having access to weapons within their households that should be locked in gun safes. Background checks are not extensive enough and the minimum age of 18 is IMO inadequate and should be raised to 23 or 25.

If the government were to ban weapons then the only people to suffer would be everyday law abiding citizens. There are thousands of criminals in this country that possess guns that are not registered to them and therefore would continue to possess them. It would become a free for all for any wannabe criminal and everyone else would be left defenseless.
Too many generations have passed to bring in a gun ban, there are thousands of weapons in the country that could never be fully confiscated.

If you want to dig a little deeper take a look at "operation fast and furious" that Bush and Obama governments used to put guns into the hands of drug cartels. Apparently that was so they could track what happens to them. Some of those guns have been found to have been used to murder Border Patrol Agents when the suspects have been apprehended. So as you can see NO government in this nation has any plan to ban weapons. The gun problem with criminals in Chicago is so bad they now have National guard patrolling streets to try to crack down on the death rate. Look up the stats on gun deaths in Chicago, its unreal.

I'll stop by saying I am English, have lived here 22 years and I OWN A GUN. Does that make me crazy? or a criminal? or a mass murderer? NO it makes me wise because there are so many sh*theads out there that will always want what others have and they won't be getting anything from me.... unless they like the taste of a 45 round.
Don't pretend anyone knows about guns in this country unless you can speak from experience

Offline DaveWBA

• WBA Coach
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2018, 08:54:28 AM »
I live in the United States and from that standpoint I can safely say that unless you live here no one has any idea of what happens on a daily basis in this country. Most of the mass shootings carried out are by people with mental problems and having access to weapons within their households that should be locked in gun safes. Background checks are not extensive enough and the minimum age of 18 is IMO inadequate and should be raised to 23 or 25.

If the government were to ban weapons then the only people to suffer would be everyday law abiding citizens. There are thousands of criminals in this country that possess guns that are not registered to them and therefore would continue to possess them. It would become a free for all for any wannabe criminal and everyone else would be left defenseless.
Too many generations have passed to bring in a gun ban, there are thousands of weapons in the country that could never be fully confiscated.

If you want to dig a little deeper take a look at "operation fast and furious" that Bush and Obama governments used to put guns into the hands of drug cartels. Apparently that was so they could track what happens to them. Some of those guns have been found to have been used to murder Border Patrol Agents when the suspects have been apprehended. So as you can see NO government in this nation has any plan to ban weapons. The gun problem with criminals in Chicago is so bad they now have National guard patrolling streets to try to crack down on the death rate. Look up the stats on gun deaths in Chicago, its unreal.

I'll stop by saying I am English, have lived here 22 years and I OWN A GUN. Does that make me crazy? or a criminal? or a mass murderer? NO it makes me wise because there are so many sh*theads out there that will always want what others have and they won't be getting anything from me.... unless they like the taste of a 45 round.
Don't pretend anyone knows about guns in this country unless you can speak from experience

Good post. I fear you may be right about it being too far gone to implement a full gun ban similar to what we have in the UK. Interesting you mention Chicago as that is always the example given by gun lobbyists as a prime example for gun control not working, when in actual fact as neighbouring states still have more relaxed laws it is just as easy to get guns into the city. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

Would a ban on the type of weapons we see used in these mass shootings not be a wise starting point? I'm no expert but there's simply no way a man with a pistol could kill 50 people and injure almost 500 from 500 yards away with a pistol. That is the difference. If someone breaks into your house, do you really need an assault rifle to defend yourself?

Interestingly a man with obvious and known mental health issues attacked a school in the Netherlands this week. As he had no access to guns he was armed only with a knife, the students were able to fight him off by throwing their rucksacks at him. He's now being given the mental health care he needs.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2018, 09:09:55 AM »
I'm sure I read somewhere that the average gun owner in the states owns 8 guns. Why? I could understand someone having 2; 1 for hunting 1 for protection but 8?

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 12:08:33 PM »
I'm sure I read somewhere that the average gun owner in the states owns 8 guns. Why? I could understand someone having 2; 1 for hunting 1 for protection but 8?
that’s collectors skewing the national average, only some 3% of the population own close to 50% of the registered guns in America. According to the Guardian the average  leans closer to 3 or less per gun owner (of which only 30% of Americans are). I would imagine that’s 2 for hunting (rifle and/or shotgun) and a PDW.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Offline BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 07:57:56 PM »
This is getting Pathetic No one not even the gunman should have died he should be alive questioned him and then sentenced him to Whatever but not Death as he should die in Prison but honestly after the local Bomb scare threat for 800 Schools in the UK my School did Safe School briefings and my form tutor made us practise it was started after the Florida Shooting and apparently has become Second Nature over there but not over here.
Something's in Life are a Fantasy Like Playing Fifa and making Albion win the league unbeaten
Something's in Life are real Birth, Death, Paying Tax, Braking up, Having a Family
Something's in Life are obliged And never to be Forgot. S*****g on those lads in Orange and Black and Claret and Spew

Offline east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »
Republican Rick Santorum has hit back at the student protesters, saying that they should learn CPR instead of campaigning for gun law reform.

The stupidity of certain sections of American society is utterly horrifying. And they call themselves "pro-life"...

The bewildering, disgusting quote: "How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations that when there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that"

Online Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2018, 11:02:46 AM »
Republican Rick Santorum has hit back at the student protesters, saying that they should learn CPR instead of campaigning for gun law reform.

The stupidity of certain sections of American society is utterly horrifying. And they call themselves "pro-life"...

The bewildering, disgusting quote: "How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations that when there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that"

Jesus, don't worry about getting shot, just be prepared for when it happens. Thats a truly smart message. He's actually making the kids case for them, but he won't get that will he?
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2018, 11:29:35 AM »
Jesus, don't worry about getting shot, just be prepared for when it happens. Thats a truly smart message. He's actually making the kids case for them, but he won't get that will he?

Yep. "Just accept the fact someone may try to massacre you while you're trying to learn, and learn to deal with it" - that's basically what he's saying there.

Good on the students for standing up to this.

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2018, 02:29:43 AM »
They have 4% of the worlds population but 43% of the worlds guns.
It will never change,its a shame its a great country.

Offline BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2018, 12:23:52 PM »
Yet another Shooting Not at a School But at Youtube HQ In California Three People Injuried One Dead Which was the Women who was a Youtuber Who Shot Herself dead apparently she shot her Boyfriend and Two Women. All Because she wasn't get Payed and Uploading innapropte Videos which got Restricted.
Something's in Life are a Fantasy Like Playing Fifa and making Albion win the league unbeaten
Something's in Life are real Birth, Death, Paying Tax, Braking up, Having a Family
Something's in Life are obliged And never to be Forgot. S*****g on those lads in Orange and Black and Claret and Spew