West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Gun Control in America  (Read 6508 times)

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
Gun Control in America
« on: February 25, 2018, 10:27:28 AM »
We are growing more and more numb to mass shootings from America, it's a "on another one" kind of reaction these days.

55,000 deaths have been caused from gun usage in the last four years and i think i read that the latest shooting is the 18th in a school in America this year, it's February.

An 18 year old can legally buy a weapon and modify it with a bump start to make it fully automatic but they cannot buy a can of beer.

I think it's pretty obvious where my opinion is going - what are your opinions?

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
Re: Gun Control in America
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 11:56:13 AM »
When nothing happened after Sandy Hook you just know that nothing is going to change.

They were 4-5 year old children ffs.

Offline barnestormer

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 11:59:07 AM »
11000 deaths a year and up to yet 30 mass shootings in 2018 alone.they just don't get it do they and never will.only hitting home when it becomes personal and touches their own family's. Thank heavens I live in GB.we ain't perfect by any means but in general we are much safer for our rigid gun controls

Offline Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 12:06:08 PM »
It's one thing they really do have wrong. Whether it's because their scared of what it will do to their economy I don't know. The other problem they have is that their streets are already flooded with guns.

An 18 year old can legally buy a weapon and modify it with a bump start to make it fully automatic but they cannot buy a can of beer.

Our Judicial system is a complete joke. From top to bottom. Whilst I agree it's a crazy law that Americans have the big firms have now started to make their moves. We on the other hand have a totally different type of joke and own problems. A bit high horseish to have a pop at America.

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 12:09:10 PM »
It's one thing they really do have wrong. Whether it's because their scared of what it will do to their economy I don't know. The other problem they have is that their streets are already flooded with guns.

Our Judicial system is a complete joke. From top to bottom. Whilst I agree it's a crazy law that Americans have the big firms have now started to make their moves. We on the other hand have a totally different type of joke and own problems. A bit high horseish to have a pop at America.

We haven’t got anything as absurdly wrong as the USA’s gun laws in this country. Sure we have problems but they are usually complex and multi faceted. The gun laws in America are were simply wrong.

Offline Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 12:25:55 PM »
We haven’t got anything as absurdly wrong as the USA’s gun laws in this country. Sure we have problems but they are usually complex and multi faceted. The gun laws in America are were simply wrong.

Nothing as absurdly wrong law wise. It's just our inability to do a good job when it comes to punishing those who break the law.

It has to be changed. However it will involve job losses and have huge impacts in everyday life in the US. That's probably why it's not as straightforward as. Gun shooting Monday, new gun laws Tuesday.

Offline WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 02:52:33 AM »
Nothing as absurdly wrong law wise. It's just our inability to do a good job when it comes to punishing those who break the law.

It has to be changed. However it will involve job losses and have huge impacts in everyday life in the US. That's probably why it's not as straightforward as. Gun shooting Monday, new gun laws Tuesday.

Rather our justice system then the disgraceful justice system they have in america.

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 07:25:02 AM »
I saw the title then and thought that they had actually introduced something!

Love Trumps idea of arming certain teachers. How does he think of them? Lets put a gun in every classroom, what could possibly go wrong??

So pleased we have the UK laws and gun control.   
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 03:47:38 PM »
I saw the title then and thought that they had actually introduced something!

Love Trumps idea of arming certain teachers. How does he think of them? Lets put a gun in every classroom, what could possibly go wrong??

So pleased we have the UK laws and gun control.

Just wait until he suggests arming the kids  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 03:56:46 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/us/politics/trump-school-shooter-florida.html

Trump Says He Would Have Rushed in Unarmed to Stop School Shooting.

Big talk from a draft dodger.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 04:02:18 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/us/politics/trump-school-shooter-florida.html

I thought exactly the same thing! ;D
Notes from a small island!

Offline barnestormer

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 06:16:20 PM »

Nail/ head.president coward

Offline WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 12:36:48 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Have you seen the footage of him clinging to that secret service agent at one of his rallies when there was crowd disorder? or running off from that eagle?

You have to hand it to trump, he's a class a bullcrap artist and has managed to convince a large part of the most powerful country in the world with his ridiculous rhetoric

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 01:06:24 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Have you seen the footage of him clinging to that secret service agent at one of his rallies when there was crowd disorder? or running off from that eagle?

You have to hand it to trump, he's a class a bullcrap artist and has managed to convince a large part of the most powerful country in the world with his ridiculous rhetoric
your right he’s very good at being a politician.

Offline WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 09:45:51 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43217142?

oh dear  ;D ;D ;D ;D

A Georgia teacher who barricaded himself in his classroom and fired a handgun is in police custody.
Jesse Randall Davidson, 53, locked his students in the hallway and fired a shot when the principal opened the door, according to US media reports.
No students were hurt by the alleged gunfire but one sprained her ankle.
The incident came two weeks after 17 were killed at a Florida high school and President Trump called for teachers to be armed to tackle mass shooters.
Major retailer pulls assault-style rifles
‘Spike in school threats’ after gun rampage
#WhatIf hashtag used to debate gun control
 Twitter post by @DaltonPD: Repeat  no children hurt, no children in danger.Image Copyright @DaltonPD@DALTONPD
Dalton police spokesman Bruce Frazier said that the Dalton High School teacher barricaded the door when his students tried to enter.
When the headmaster, Steve Bartoo, attempted to open the door with a key, he heard a gunshot.
Dalton High School on Google MapsImage copyrightGOOGLE MAPS/CBS
Image caption
Dalton High School on Google Maps
The school in Dalton - a city about 90 miles (145km) northwest of Atlanta - was placed on lockdown, the spokesman said.
A standoff lasted up to 45 minutes before Mr Davidson was taken into custody. Mr Bartoo said the teacher made "nonsensical noises" during the exchange.
Police announced late on Wednesday that the teacher has been charged with "aggravated assault, carrying weapon on school grounds, terroristic threats, reckless conduct, possession of gun during commission of a crime, and disrupting public school".
He is a social studies teacher employed at the school since 2004 and the announcer for the school football team, according to Dalton police.
Investigators say a note was found on 21 February at the high school mentioning a threat against the building the following day, but it is unclear if that is related to Wednesday's incident.
"It is really serious after so many things have happened all over the country," student Ricardo Perez told television station WTVC after the incident.
"I'm shocked, I can't believe it. I thought it was a dream."
One Dalton student tweeted at the National Rifle Association to argue that giving teachers guns is a bad idea.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 10:08:41 AM »
Anyone who thinks that Teachers are exempt from "breakdowns, stress, pressure, drugs, alcohol and a myrad other things"--  which could cause them to "flip" is frankly, a bleeding idiot -

In justification of this argument I give you the POTUS, Mr Donald Trump !
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 12:05:44 PM »
The more worrying thing is that we only hear of a fraction of the shootings that happen in US schools. The recent attack in Florida was the 8th incident at an American school this year. So far 20 people have been killed in the attacks.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/14/school-shootings-in-america-2018-how-many-so-far

Last year there were 9 such incidents with 13 people killed.

B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 12:26:21 PM »
Its not just schools either,

On the night of October 1, 2017, a gunman opened fire on a crowd of concertgoers at the Route 91 Harvest music festival on the Las Vegas Strip in Nevada, leaving 58 people dead and 851 injured.

58 people dead and 851 injured truly staggering numbers and it was in the news for how long???

Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2018, 12:56:56 PM »
The gun violence Archive is a good resource for keeping track of this kind of thing.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org

Here are the mass shooting so far (mass shooting is 4 or more injured or dead not including the gunman/gunmen.)
http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/query/0484b316-f676-44bc-97ed-ecefeabae077

Offline barnestormer

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 03:29:51 PM »
The gun violence Archive is a good resource for keeping track of this kind of thing.

Here are the mass shooting so far (mass shooting is 4 or more injured or dead not including the gunman/gunmen.)
That is truly shocking data for 2018 alone and really can't get my head around the yanks still being as pro active as they are with guns.I suppose until the tradegys effect them personally they don't give a sh1+

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 03:00:48 PM »

That is an eye opener of a website. Christ!

Offline BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 05:45:28 PM »
Many of these kids of though are addicted to Violent Video Games such as GTA and COD I have both of these games and I admit I was addicted to GTA only because of the Cars and Missions yes I killed a Few people on GTA but I wouldn't do it in Real Life I might have Autism but I know it's a game and you aren't hurting anybody's feelings. Where as in Real life you are. But now due to me having a PS4 I'm addicted to FIFA 18 but apart from Violent games Kids get hooked and Even though they finished the game they keep playing causing them to get that into there heads and then they buy an AR 15 or MP5 and commit these Attacks.
Something's in Life are a Fantasy Like Playing Fifa and making Albion win the league unbeaten
Something's in Life are real Birth, Death, Paying Tax, Braking up, Having a Family
Something's in Life are obliged And never to be Forgot. S*****g on those lads in Orange and Black and Claret and Spew

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2018, 06:12:15 PM »
Many of these kids of though are addicted to Violent Video Games such as GTA and COD I have both of these games and I admit I was addicted to GTA only because of the Cars and Missions yes I killed a Few people on GTA but I wouldn't do it in Real Life I might have Autism but I know it's a game and you aren't hurting anybody's feelings. Where as in Real life you are. But now due to me having a PS4 I'm addicted to FIFA 18 but apart from Violent games Kids get hooked and Even though they finished the game they keep playing causing them to get that into there heads and then they buy an AR 15 or MP5 and commit these Attacks.

Don't become one of these snowflakes that blames anything other than themselves. Violent videogames are not an issue. Mental health Gun control they are issues.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 06:41:57 PM by OldburyWBA »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2018, 11:15:00 AM »
Don't become one of these snowflakes that blames anything other than themselves. Violent videogames are not an issue. Mental health Gun control they are issues.

And the background checks in America when somebody purchases a gun simply aren't good enough. They need to follow the example set by Japan.

Offline east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2018, 11:52:13 PM »
It takes a dangerously perverted and deranged human being to put guns ahead of the safety of children.