Author Topic: Alan Pardew  (Read 316831 times)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Alan Pardew
« Reply #2725 on: January 25, 2020, 06:15:31 AM »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2726 on: February 27, 2020, 10:42:09 AM »

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2727 on: February 27, 2020, 10:57:07 AM »
It's Chris Powell I feel sorry for, and the supporters of course.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2728 on: February 27, 2020, 12:17:56 PM »
I don't really have any bad feeling towards any ex players or managers, even Berahino as everyone makes stupid mistakes and choices during their life but Pardew I can't stand. Awful for us but still has a real chip on his shoulder and thinks he is some fantastic manager and person.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2729 on: February 27, 2020, 12:34:53 PM »
Trouble at mill. Surely this will be his last managerial job?
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/ado-den-haag-fans-take-over-training-to-in-protest-at-alan-pardews-tactics/ar-BB10sOVG?ocid=spartanntp
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11944358/alan-pardew-confronted-by-ado-den-haag-fans-amid-poor-form

Alan Pardew confronted by ADO Den Haag fans amid poor form
Last Updated: 27/02/20 11:03am

Alan Pardew and his ADO Den Haag players were confronted by a group of
supporters protesting against the club's poor form at training on Wednesday.

Approximately 10 fans of the struggling Dutch club made their way onto
the training pitch, where talks with Pardew are said to have gone smoothly.

Den Haag are winless in their last five matches - a run of form that
sees them lie 17th in the Eredivisie, one place off bottom.

Pardew's only win since making the move to the Netherlands came in his
first game in charge - a 2-0 victory over bottom-placed side RKC Waalwijk.

Den Haag chief executive Mo Hamdi told Sky Sports News: "ADO Den Haag
has one of the most loyal groups of fans in the Netherlands. They are so
passionate and want to support the team.

"The club and supporters are supporting Alan Pardew and the team."
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2730 on: February 27, 2020, 10:38:25 PM »
I don't understand how he keeps getting jobs at top flight clubs. He is a very, very ordinary manager who hasn't had a good spell anywhere in ages. There are so many young managers out there and yet clubs keep going for "experience" even if that's bad experience.

It's like a hospital turning their nose up at the 24 year old coming out of medical school in favour of the Doctor with 20 years under his belt, who misdiagnosed 70% of his patients in the last 5 years.
Boing Boing

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2731 on: February 27, 2020, 11:40:01 PM »
I don't understand how he keeps getting jobs at top flight clubs. He is a very, very ordinary manager who hasn't had a good spell anywhere in ages. There are so many young managers out there and yet clubs keep going for "experience" even if that's bad experience.

It's like a hospital turning their nose up at the 24 year old coming out of medical school in favour of the Doctor with 20 years under his belt, who misdiagnosed 70% of his patients in the last 5 years.

I think it comes down to the plain fact that he interviews well. I spent many years in recruitment for my sins and there was a class of candidate that were very good at interviews and in some instances shockingly poor at the jobs they were engaged to do.

In Pardew's case I think he is a chancer that has run out of road. Taking on Den Haag who are hanging onto their Eredivisie status by the skin of their teeth is not a very glamorous gig. Dutch football retains a certain amount cache and throughout the game in the Netherlands the legacy of total football looms large but Den Haag are about as far removed from that ideal as it is possible to be. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2732 on: February 27, 2020, 11:49:58 PM »
If he's only won one match in Holland what is his managerial record including us and the tail end of his previous job?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2733 on: February 28, 2020, 12:13:36 AM »
If he's only won one match in Holland what is his managerial record including us and the tail end of his previous job?
It starts with sh and ends in it !
I hate to admit this but when he came to us I thought we had got a bloke who had been dealt a rough hand at Newcastle but would be a major improvement on Pulis, how wrong was I ???!!!
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2734 on: February 28, 2020, 12:58:19 AM »
I think it comes down to the plain fact that he interviews well. I spent many years in recruitment for my sins and there was a class of candidate that were very good at interviews and in some instances shockingly poor at the jobs they were engaged to do.

In Pardew's case I think he is a chancer that has run out of road. Taking on Den Haag who are hanging onto their Eredivisie status by the skin of their teeth is not a very glamorous gig. Dutch football retains a certain amount cache and throughout the game in the Netherlands the legacy of total football looms large but Den Haag are about as far removed from that ideal as it is possible to be.

The amount of people I've met over the years with a gift to the gob ratio far in excess of their ability to deliver is quite staggering. I've frequently been stunned as to how on earth so many of life's blaggers do so well financially.

While I understand it's due in part to their convincing blag, I have absolutely no idea how professional people employed to vet such nothings from the employment process fail to do so on such a consistent basis. Beyond laziness, desperation or blatant ineptitude that is. And commission.

I've had pals who've worked in recruitment over the years who suggest I'd be ideal in the role as I can spot a bullshitter blindfold from a mile away. Personally speaking I'd feel filthy coming into contact with so much of life's detritus.

And then there are the Alan Pardw@nks of this world......
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2735 on: February 28, 2020, 07:00:32 AM »

While I understand it's due in part to their convincing blag, I have absolutely no idea how professional people employed to vet such nothings from the employment process fail to do so on such a consistent basis. Beyond laziness, desperation or blatant ineptitude that is. And commission.

Why do companies do recruitment really badly? All of the above but the key issue is desperation. Recruitment consultants are chasing a commission and until you get the rarified level of Head Hunting the focus is getting bodies in front of employers and a bs merchant is quite a good commission cow. They never stick around too long interview well and are easily placed until they just run out of employers in an area.

Internally in HR which is the where I used to work particularly in IT never under estimate the desperation of a project manager who needs to recruit 20 programmers for a project that is already running behind schedule. That pressure really does cause a collective blindness and the bs merchants can almost smell the blood in the water and pretty soon you are knee deep in them.

Football clubs in relegation trouble are desperate and are not thinking straight. Here comes a bs merchant with a nice smile a good line in patter and they want to believe the psychology is such that they almost don't stand a chance.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 07:04:56 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2736 on: February 28, 2020, 09:46:05 AM »
The amount of people I've met over the years with a gift to the gob ratio far in excess of their ability to deliver is quite staggering. I've frequently been stunned as to how on earth so many of life's blaggers do so well financially.

I've had pals who've worked in recruitment over the years who suggest I'd be ideal in the role as I can spot a bullshitter blindfold from a mile away. Personally speaking I'd feel filthy coming into contact with so much of life's detritus.

And then there are the Alan Pardw@nks of this world......
I went through an interview "process" a few years back, where they put all the hopefuls, of which I was one, through various tests at the same venue at the same time. It was an absolute shambles, half their equipment didn't work, I had a role play with two guys who thought they were Al Pacino and Robert de Niro, an interview with someone with the personality of a wet fish and it all culminated in a group exercise where the "interviewers" all sat on a panel looking down on us mere mortals, Roman Emporer style, from a level above.
I announced there and then that "I'm out" and had no desire to work for a company who could arrange such an unprofessional exercise and that I fully expected them to hire Dave, the expert blagger who knew nothing, when they should actually have already given the job to Gary who'd worked his way up through the company and knew the job inside out.

Recruitment is a skill and it's amazing how many people get it so, so wrong.

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2737 on: February 28, 2020, 05:00:44 PM »
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11944358/alan-pardew-confronted-by-ado-den-haag-fans-amid-poor-form

Alan Pardew confronted by ADO Den Haag fans amid poor form
Last Updated: 27/02/20 11:03am

Alan Pardew and his ADO Den Haag players were confronted by a group of
supporters protesting against the club's poor form at training on Wednesday.

Approximately 10 fans of the struggling Dutch club made their way onto
the training pitch, where talks with Pardew are said to have gone smoothly.

Den Haag are winless in their last five matches - a run of form that
sees them lie 17th in the Eredivisie, one place off bottom.

Pardew's only win since making the move to the Netherlands came in his
first game in charge - a 2-0 victory over bottom-placed side RKC Waalwijk.

Den Haag chief executive Mo Hamdi told Sky Sports News: "ADO Den Haag
has one of the most loyal groups of fans in the Netherlands. They are so
passionate and want to support the team.

"The club and supporters are supporting Alan Pardew and the team."
The chairman of Den Haag Mo Hamid is defending Pardew, because it was his decision to take him on.  Pardew had a hard time from alot of Dutch journalists this week, some questioning his basic tactical awareness, and chopping and changing the team around every game.  Having lived in Holland, I know that Dutch football journos give managers a much tougher time than here, where the questions are often embarassingly easy.
This is one of his latest interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UC2bg6n5Sc

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:02:55 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2738 on: April 30, 2020, 09:43:21 PM »
Seems as though he was given the push by ADO Den Haag. It didn't look like he was going to get them out of the bottom 2. Only one win. The club was saved by the Dutch FA cancelling the season. so Pardew can still no doubt claim he didn't get them relegated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8266321/Alan-Pardew-leaves-ADO-Den-Haag-just-four-months-charge.html
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure