Author Topic: Alan Pardew  (Read 366652 times)

koren

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Alan Pardew
« Reply #1850 on: March 03, 2018, 05:04:08 PM »
The decision that let this clown stay and took charge of Huddersfield and Watford games was a joke.
These two games were our last chance and he lost both games. We are going down with no doubt.
The club should sack him immediately after defeated by Southampton and find a new one before these two six-pointer games.
Now all hopes were gone. Sack him or not, it's already meaningless.
The PRIDE of midlands

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1851 on: March 03, 2018, 05:05:16 PM »

Pulis a failure this season but a miracle worker last season. Spot on and I said over and over at the time, you don't sack Pulis mid season and expect to kick on.

Had we appointed the right man we could have kicked on, unfortunately most fans realised it was a poor decision at the time.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1852 on: March 03, 2018, 05:05:21 PM »
Get lost Pardew my good day is now ruined as to is my patience. I could just picture fans standing in the stands looking pied off and who could blaim them crape season had slight hope we could finish better than last season ah well at least I will on Fifa I will the league after this game as I already played it won about 8-0
One day, possibly even before you are 20 ( :), you will cry with happiness and pride  at what out team has done. Honest.

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1853 on: March 03, 2018, 05:09:29 PM »

Then blame it on Brunty at 16:55.  ;D
Brunt blameless, Pardew clueless. His fault entirely  :)

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1854 on: March 03, 2018, 05:11:01 PM »
you usually bring subs on at 88mins to kill a game , not to win it...

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1855 on: March 03, 2018, 05:11:06 PM »

Pulis a failure this season but a miracle worker last season. Spot on and I said over and over at the time, you don't sack Pulis mid season and expect to kick on.
Sorry Jacko Pulis has to shoulder a large part of the blame. He had enough transfer windows that to leave such a one dimensional squad behind is poor management in anybodys language. This squad would have gone down with pretty much anybody in charge, 3 wins in 38 league games should tell you that
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 05:19:42 PM by hardtobeat »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1856 on: March 03, 2018, 05:13:56 PM »
Untenable position with his atrocious win % record for an Albion permanent manager only  just better than nobby stiles

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1857 on: March 03, 2018, 05:15:40 PM »
I still wouldn't be surprised if he's in charge next week .

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1858 on: March 03, 2018, 05:19:36 PM »
Can't afford to pay him off so your probably correct
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1859 on: March 03, 2018, 05:20:38 PM »
Can't afford to pay him off so your probably correct

Theres a break in the contract apparently at the end of the season so I guess payment would be only until the Summer
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1860 on: March 03, 2018, 05:21:56 PM »
Sorry Jacko Pulis has to shoulder a large part of the blame. He had enough transfer windows that to leave such a one dimensional squad behind is poor management in anybodys language. This squad would have gone down with pretty much anybody in charge, 3 wins in 38 league games should tell you that

Then should Pulis get a lot of credit for finishing 10th with basically the same squad last year?

BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1861 on: March 03, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »
One day, possibly even before you are 20 ( :), you will cry with happiness and pride  at what out team has done. Honest.
Yeah with History we might not have won much but what we have achieved and Players we've had are History and Brilliant
Something's in Life are a Fantasy Like Playing Fifa and making Albion win the league unbeaten
Something's in Life are real Birth, Death, Paying Tax, Braking up, Having a Family
Something's in Life are obliged And never to be Forgot. S*****g on those lads in Orange and Black and Claret and Spew

benalbion

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1862 on: March 03, 2018, 05:23:19 PM »
Let's be honest hand on heart not many baggie fans can say they have enjoyed what's happened to our club over the last few years it's just rotting away. It's clear we need anybody in the hot seat who has the brains to organise the club from the under 5's up to the manager himself but like others have said I'm not confident about the future with those in charge at the moment

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1863 on: March 03, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »

But how did the weaker squad finish 10th last season and should have finished higher?  It doesn't add up.

Either Pulis is a super manager capable of getting teams that should be rock bottom of the Premier League into the top 10.
Or the squad is capable of more and we've just not done that this season, under Pulis and under Pardew.

baggiesboots

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1864 on: March 03, 2018, 05:27:24 PM »
Sorry Jacko Pulis has to shoulder a large part of the blame. He had enough transfer qindows that to leave such a one dimensional squad behind is poor management in anybodys language. This squad would have gone down with pretty much anybody in charge.
Agreed, we were bad before TP arrived, he shawed us up  with hard workers which gained us the % wins against the teams around us for a while, then we were awful again. You could have put any manager you like up there this season, that lot would still be bottom. If you give easy goals away + can't score for toffy, you go down, that's football.
 The biggest mistake (in quite an extensive catalogue of errors)  was giving TP a new contract after his future  was clearly finished with us,  and not getting someone with a fresh approach in in the Pre season. Heads have rolled at the top table because of that decision and I fully expect more to go because of our incredibly bad recruitment policy in the last few seasons. 
For new shoots to grow, the dead wood has cut down - and we're long overdue a clear out.

SirTonyM

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1865 on: March 03, 2018, 05:30:59 PM »
Timing is awful. Give a manager who’s won 1 in 12 two more games to save himself. At this stage what’s the point? It was always a bad appointment that had been confirmed. I do worry about our future now. Dingles and Vila owners took over in the Championship and invested money, not sure about Lai.

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1866 on: March 03, 2018, 05:33:04 PM »
I hope by 7pm tonight he’s no longer at our club.
That's too long.

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1867 on: March 03, 2018, 05:33:10 PM »
Yeah with History we might not have won much but what we have achieved and Players we've had are History and Brilliant
Unfortunately for you, you have joined us at a very depressing time. We are a mess just now, but at some point we will rise from the ashes. Being a baggies fan is like this - feel bad, feel ok, feel bad, feel s~~te, feel better, feel bad, feel bad, feel as good as it's possible to feel and then some. Lesson over  :)

ashcroft19

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1868 on: March 03, 2018, 05:40:13 PM »
Why is he still here. He should be in a taxi with his mates Carver and Hammond. Evans can drive, pick up Barry on the way and f*** off

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1869 on: March 03, 2018, 05:42:05 PM »
won`t see us back in prem league any time soon, total shambles from top to bottom. Playing staff are just not good enough and need to be shipped out pretty sharpish, only want to see Foster in first team as for Alan can someone call him a taxi

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1870 on: March 03, 2018, 05:43:51 PM »
There’s absolutely no point in us hanging onto Pardew any longer. As his sacking is now a certainty I wonder if the mods will allow us to start speculating on his successor. We all need something to help us keep a positive outlook. Mr Lai has a major rebuilding job on his hands.

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1871 on: March 03, 2018, 05:47:30 PM »
Theres a break in the contract apparently at the end of the season so I guess payment would be only until the Summer
If you are correct, I would imagine that the break only kicks in if we get relegated.If that's the case, sacking him now, when we are technically not yet relegated, might cost us a whole lot more in compensation. I haven't got a clue what is in his contract. If you are right, he needs to go today, but if I'm right I can see why they might not pull the plug immediately.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1872 on: March 03, 2018, 05:48:47 PM »

This fall has been coming. Pulis stabilised us for a bit but then spent most of our budget on defensively minded, ageing over paid mercenaries or players without quality leaving glaring holes in the squad in midfield and up front (our best players are still those not signed by Pulis). Interestingly, we've been left with a few bad uns  (character wise) in spite of Pulis obsession with 'good lads'.

The club's leadership carried on sleep walking behind Pulis without a plan B and so panicked and went to the usual merry go round manger lottery and took the wrong ticket.

January was similarly an unimaginative  panic with Sturridge being a predictably poor fit for a weak willed squad. Ironically we needed fighters , grafters , leaders to join the squad to re-balance some of the weak willed selfish characters we have in there.

Yes Pardew was dealt a tough job but we've got wins with much worse teams and other teams around us have played better football and won more points so ultimately he's been an horrendous appointment .

Not sure where we go from here? Rudderless, not sure who can pick this up at least in the short term but Pardew along with Hammond and maybe anyone else in the recent leadership team who've assembled this squad need to go so we can truly start again with fresh energy next season .

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1873 on: March 03, 2018, 05:49:09 PM »
If he had any scruples or morals he'd walk.
He's obviously not capable of doing the job he was bought in to do.
Greedy barstewards just hang around poncing a living off clubs like us
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1874 on: March 03, 2018, 05:50:04 PM »
The game to save his job and out skin. We were promised a host of changes. He dropped Barry and yet he managed to make our midfield weaker by playing Livermore. He then plays out most creative player in Brunt in the middle where he isn't anywhere near as effective then plays Rodriquez wide left also out of position. This man is a tactical genius.

I always give a manager a chance and whilst I was so underwhelmed at his appointment i gave him benefit of the doubt but my god we have regressed. When they finally sacked pulis I didn't think we would end up with an even bigger boob at the club.

Pulis should have gone last summer. Then before after hudds away. We then could/should have made a better appointment. Following this disaster he should have been sacked after Southampton league game. He definitely has to go now.
Decisions over the last 12 months have been shocking
O Albion we love you