Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 418713 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Ben Foster (Sold to Watford)
« Reply #3350 on: January 26, 2020, 08:02:45 PM »
“A special shout out to @BenFoster. At our meeting on Thursday, @Richfitzbrfc (who had travelled from Basingstoke) was bidding in the auction for a signed WBA shirt for his son. Ben outbid him and then (after paying) gave him the shirt! Top man.”
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful to others.

The same applies, when you are stupid

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3351 on: March 02, 2020, 08:27:57 AM »
Tottenham plot transfer move for Watford keeper Ben Foster as Mourinho wants 36-year-old to push Lloris for No1 spot

He's out of contract in the summer and it looks like his services will be in demand

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11074096/tottenham-transfer-foster-lloris-mourinho/
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful to others.

The Tank

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3352 on: March 02, 2020, 10:13:18 AM »
Is he the only player to have (been playing in a team which has) beaten Liverpool twice in the last 25 months ?

BalisPen

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3353 on: March 02, 2020, 12:40:12 PM »
He is on talksport now and said Mel tried to make up play it out the back which isn't his game and said myhill was a great number 2 and that Watford haven't offered him an extension to his contract and that is the first time he is in the position of being out of contract at the end of the season.

He's 37 soon, but I would take him back for a couple of seasons on a free.

Astleistheking

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3354 on: March 02, 2020, 05:38:20 PM »
probably the best keeper i have seen at the Albio, i actually wouldn't be against paying a reasonable fee to get him back next year.

gazberg

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3355 on: March 02, 2020, 06:01:54 PM »
If he's on a free i'd have him back in a heartbeat.

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3356 on: March 02, 2020, 07:17:19 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Tottenham are interested in Foster, and they wouldn't be the only Prem league club. He has to be one of the top 3 english keepers so its logical that there will be Premier League interest. If we go up, we also have to be interested. He would give us so much more organisation and natural authority in our penalty area. Appreciate we don't yet know if Watford will go down. 
One factor in our favour is Foster's well known liking for his home near Leamington. Travelling from Tottenham on a daily basis could easily put another hour on his journey time.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3357 on: March 03, 2020, 11:11:35 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Tottenham are interested in Foster.........He has to be one of the top 3 english keepers so its logical that there will be Premier League interest. If we go up, we also have to be interested. ....... One factor in our favour is Foster's well known liking for his home near Leamington. Travelling from Tottenham on a daily basis could easily put another hour on his journey time.

I believe Ben moved from Leamington to Stratford a couple of years back. The journey time from there to Watford will be pretty much the same. Regards Tottenham it's worth bearing in mind he'd be going to their training ground for sessions as opposed to their new stadium. Tottenham's training ground is only 13 miles down the road from Watford's and probably takes an extra twenty minutes by car. It's been widely reported in the past that Ben doesn't train every day. Stratford to our training ground in Walsall is a lot closer than Stratford to the White Valley area; but an Albion contract over a Spurs contract?

Hmmm...... I'm not so sure about that one.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3358 on: March 03, 2020, 06:31:29 PM »
So he’s a snake and not to come anywhere near our club again

Then he’s brilliant and should comeback

😂😂😂football fans
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3359 on: March 03, 2020, 06:48:19 PM »
From Watford Twitter Account

“Ben Foster just proves time and time again why he is the nicest man in football.

He kept his promise to 12-year-old Molly Hall and gave her a day she will never forget...”

He is a genuine bloke in my view

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3360 on: March 05, 2020, 10:18:18 PM »
My guess is that Watford are probably waiting until their fate is certain before offering new contacts I suspect that they will offer Foster an extension should they stay up. For what it is worth I wouldn't take him back.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3361 on: March 05, 2020, 10:21:53 PM »
I believe Ben moved from Leamington to Stratford a couple of years back. The journey time from there to Watford will be pretty much the same. Regards Tottenham it's worth bearing in mind he'd be going to their training ground for sessions as opposed to their new stadium. Tottenham's training ground is only 13 miles down the road from Watford's and probably takes an extra twenty minutes by car. It's been widely reported in the past that Ben doesn't train every day. Stratford to our training ground in Walsall is a lot closer than Stratford to the White Valley area; but an Albion contract over a Spurs contract?

Spurs training ground is at Enfield which is further to the east around the M25. I used to drive a stretch on the M25 in the rush hour backwards and forwards every day and 20 minutes is what it can take to drive just one mile!  If he's driving backwards and forwards from Stratford to Enfield, he's going to be spending 5-6 hours in the car daily.
You'd have to be very keen to do that.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3362 on: March 06, 2020, 12:35:45 AM »
Did you used to pick up Miss Daisy along the way?

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3363 on: March 06, 2020, 01:54:46 PM »
Did you used to pick up Miss Daisy along the way?
Miss Daisy?Who she? I probably don't read the right media to get it....... :-[

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3364 on: March 06, 2020, 02:20:01 PM »
Miss Daisy?Who she? I probably don't read the right media to get it....... :-[

Click on the link below, go to about 30 seconds or so if you're in a hurry  ;D  ;) ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ3wXC5jqKE

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3365 on: March 06, 2020, 02:27:13 PM »
Click on the link below, go to about 30 seconds or so if you're in a hurry  ;D  ;) ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ3wXC5jqKE
haha..  And to think I would have gone thro life not knowing who Miss Daisy was.
I knew that co-star Dan Ackroyd was in the Blues Brothers though  :D
PS I think we're drifting a bit off topic from Ben Foster. Unless he had another role in the film.