West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Oliver Burke (on loan at Celtic)  (Read 91135 times)

Offline colinmax

• Junior Baggie
Re: Oliver Burke (on loan at Celtic)
« Reply #900 on: June 09, 2019, 02:49:37 PM »
I don't think he has been given a fair chance at the Albion.he has potential but is not the finished article.
He was clinical in despatching the ball into the net where many many would have ballooned the bouncing ball over the bar.

Offline iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #901 on: June 09, 2019, 03:15:27 PM »
I don't think he has been given a fair chance at the Albion.he has potential but is not the finished article.
He was clinical in despatching the ball into the net where many many would have ballooned the bouncing ball over the bar.
Some of our supporters do not appreciate the massive burden of being the most expensive Scottish player ever, and never being given even a little run by a succession of poor Albion managers.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #902 on: June 09, 2019, 10:07:05 PM »
Terrible player, who I hope recoup some money back for.

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #903 on: June 10, 2019, 01:22:36 PM »
If we're going to keep hold of him, we need to give him some proper coaching. Try to teach him how to move on the pitch, and try to get him enthusiastic about playing for us.

I can't see it, but it would require some proper man management.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #904 on: June 10, 2019, 07:16:12 PM »
If we're going to keep hold of him, we need to give him some proper coaching. Try to teach him how to move on the pitch, and try to get him enthusiastic about playing for us.

I can't see it, but it would require some proper man management.
Last season he was being coached re the conversion into a central striker and being used in that role was a condition of his move to Celtic. Just a pity Rogers left.
Darren Fletcher analysing on Sky said he needs to keep it simple - use his pace and power and don't try anything too intricate which seems to make sense. He also made the comparison of the likes of Sala and Mane and the way they are always working, making runs even if they don't receive the ball for most of the runs they make in a game.