West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Oliver Burke  (Read 105633 times)

Offline smethwick2

• Youth Baggie
Re: Oliver Burke
« Reply #1000 on: August 30, 2019, 01:53:15 PM »
Going to Alaves on a season long loan with a recall option in Jan, according to Matt Wilson on Twitter

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1001 on: August 30, 2019, 02:43:14 PM »
Going to Alaves on a season long loan with a recall option in Jan, according to Matt Wilson on Twitter

Oh wow! Weird, after what Slav said last week!

Online Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1002 on: August 30, 2019, 02:45:30 PM »
Oh wow! Weird, after what Slav said last week!

Compassionate leave to buy new budgie smugglers, or, decided he needs outing due to taking unapproved absence?  Could this be Slav sending a message that we will not be dicked about as we have previously (Bera)
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline gavinrussell

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1003 on: August 30, 2019, 03:15:11 PM »
Hopefully there is a cheap option to buy at the end of the  loan...

Online timdon

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1004 on: August 30, 2019, 05:46:47 PM »
Thought that was on the cards when he was not in the team photo. Don't know what the problem is with him but I hope he finally manages to fix it. Certainly not Berahino mark 2 as some twitterers are saying. No problems with attitude that have been reported. Has speed and talent. Slaven says it is concentration that's the issue. Not sure how that can be taught though.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1005 on: August 30, 2019, 07:21:06 PM »
Thought that was on the cards when he was not in the team photo. Don't know what the problem is with him but I hope he finally manages to fix it. Certainly not Berahino mark 2 as some twitterers are saying. No problems with attitude that have been reported. Has speed and talent. Slaven says it is concentration that's the issue. Not sure how that can be taught though.
I guess only by playing, hence the loan.  Very, very last chance saloon, but I think he's already been written off financially anyway.

Offline gazberg

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1006 on: August 30, 2019, 09:20:51 PM »
Deal done on the official site. Please do something there in your time Oli. Will benefit you and us.

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1007 on: August 30, 2019, 10:37:56 PM »
The jury is still out with me on Oli. Obviously has the talent but not the attitude. Reminds me a bit of Koumas but only a bit because Jason was far far more talented. But if the head isn't right no amount of game time will improve it.
I do hope for his own sake if for nothing else that he sorts it out.

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1008 on: August 30, 2019, 11:33:14 PM »
The jury is still out with me on Oli. Obviously has the talent but not the attitude. Reminds me a bit of Koumas but only a bit because Jason was far far more talented. But if the head isn't right no amount of game time will improve it.
I do hope for his own sake if for nothing else that he sorts it out.

That comparison is harsh on Koumas in my view.

Offline costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1009 on: August 31, 2019, 12:40:09 AM »
That comparison is harsh on Koumas in my view.
Not really. Koumas admitted to not enjoying the footballing life. He was born with the talent, but didn’t take to the daily drudgery. I get that. Burkes history is different, but he seems just as disinterested. His time at was Forest was a joy to watch. A big money move abroad probably didn’t help him. Another big money move to us must’ve baffled both him and some of us. His dig, at whoever, with the Harrods tweet, more or less confirms he’s proved a point to someone. I’m no Sky pundit, but I reckon his days of being MOTM for anything other than a Scottish related game is nil.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Offline Standaman

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1010 on: August 31, 2019, 12:56:24 AM »
No idea what to make of this in theory going to La Liga even one of the lesser lights like Alaves is a step up from where we are at the moment. They have 30 year old Aleix Vidal on loan from Sevilla as the only other Right Winger in the squad so Burke might get some game time. In any event Vitoria-Gasteiz is a very pleasant place to spend a few months. I hope it works out for him but I have to say I am not optimistic.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 06:38:18 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Offline BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1011 on: August 31, 2019, 05:30:42 AM »
Best thing about this deal is it should free up best part of 1 million pounds towards a
Quality loan come January - well we can but hope!

Offline Maresca Was A Baggie

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #1012 on: September 01, 2019, 11:33:18 AM »
Has any other major signing ever played so few games, and been loaned out here, there and everywhere. Says an awful lot about the player. For everyone's sake he needs to leave permanently.

Online Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1013 on: September 01, 2019, 11:54:18 AM »
More concerning that between Burke, the Chinese kid & Sturridge  we have completely wasted about £25 million, it’s scary to think what we could done with that cash

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #1014 on: September 01, 2019, 12:06:29 PM »
The Chinese kid I believe was paid for by Lai not by the transfer chest
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline elkiellis

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1015 on: September 02, 2019, 10:17:51 AM »
More concerning that between Burke, the Chinese kid & Sturridge  we have completely wasted about £25 million, it’s scary to think what we could done with that cash
Good point and to think Burke is about the most polar opposite type of player Pulis would ever want,cant imagine why he bought him.

Online Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1016 on: September 02, 2019, 10:25:09 AM »
Good point and to think Burke is about the most polar opposite type of player Pulis would ever want,cant imagine why he bought him.

I can but its libellous, so will hold my tongue

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #1017 on: September 02, 2019, 11:14:50 AM »
I can but its libellous, so will hold my tongue

I would hold it as we don't know who was behind the signing whether head coach or club itself. Things like this we will never know.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo