West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Gareth Barry  (Read 46978 times)

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
Re: Gareth Barry
« Reply #525 on: January 13, 2019, 04:25:39 PM »

Just saying about the importance of midfield to any club with Villa falling apart with loss of Grealish.

So no excuse to not play a BALANCED midfield i.e. not too many old men with no pace.

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #526 on: February 03, 2019, 08:10:18 AM »
Has been poor last 2 games.  Looks to be the one most affected by the absence of Phillips and Barnes.  Has been superb for 2 months but needs to pick up his game.

Online Atomic

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #527 on: February 03, 2019, 08:12:38 AM »
Every player has a bad game now and then no matter who they are. He was well below his best yesterday Barry, but he'll bounce back.

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #528 on: February 03, 2019, 08:21:49 AM »
But we have tons of options in midfield.  How long do we wait for an upturn?  Plus many midweek games to come.

Offline Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #529 on: February 09, 2019, 07:37:06 PM »
Completely turned his time around here

Keep it up gareth

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #530 on: February 09, 2019, 07:59:03 PM »
Completely turned his time around here

Keep it up gareth

The coolest head on the pitch today and the best footballer on view for teams in my opinion
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Tolerance, Understanding, Acceptance, Patience

Offline bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #531 on: February 09, 2019, 08:21:33 PM »
Absolutely baffling that he would get involved in the taxi gate thing at all after a career completely free of any blemish at stain to his name. I’m glad that that one incident hasn’t defined his time with us. I really didn’t think he’d want the hassle of even trying to turn it around but he’s showed again what a great example he can be to our youngsters.

Offline ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #532 on: February 09, 2019, 08:22:50 PM »
I agree i think alot of fans just don't realise what he does for the team, yes he's 38, but its the calming influence, and gives the team a platform to go forward. His positional play, he seems to crop up in the right place at the right time. 

Yes he had a bad game v Boro, but surely everyone is allowed a few in a season. All i know since he came properly into the team and switch to a back 4 weve been alot better.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #533 on: February 09, 2019, 08:59:34 PM »
I agree i think alot of fans just don't realise what he does for the team, yes he's 38, but its the calming influence, and gives the team a platform to go forward. His positional play, he seems to crop up in the right place at the right time. 

Yes he had a bad game v Boro, but surely everyone is allowed a few in a season. All i know since he came properly into the team and switch to a back 4 weve been alot better.
I think most fans DO realise what he offers
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #534 on: February 09, 2019, 09:12:05 PM »
I think most fans DO realise what he offers

Agree, it's a minority who can't identify what he brings to the team, a couple of very strange comments in todays in-game thread.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #535 on: February 09, 2019, 09:14:03 PM »
Personally, I’d be offering him a contract extension, even if we do go up, he is class, in spite of his advancing years  :)
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Tolerance, Understanding, Acceptance, Patience

Offline wbako

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #536 on: February 09, 2019, 09:36:55 PM »
Head and shoulders our best midfielder. He oozes quality at this level.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Online Mo

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #537 on: February 09, 2019, 10:01:42 PM »
Absolutely baffling that he would get involved in the taxi gate thing at all after a career completely free of any blemish at stain to his name. I’m glad that that one incident hasn’t defined his time with us. I really didn’t think he’d want the hassle of even trying to turn it around but he’s showed again what a great example he can be to our youngsters.

Whilst we don’t know the full facts of taxi gate the guy has always struck me as a model professional. I once holidayed in the same hotel as him during the summer break and he was in the gym most mornings .There were other pros there at the same time and they all finished years ago .

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #538 on: February 10, 2019, 10:43:14 AM »
Rolls Royce of a midfielder
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom