Author Topic: George Thorne  (Read 117095 times)

jamieee

George Thorne
« on: May 21, 2011, 09:14:15 PM »
Signed new 2 year deal according to his twitter.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: George Thorne
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 09:27:53 PM »
Good, glad to hear it. Would like to see him and Hurst and maybe Wood get some bench time next season, the odd cameo.

Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 09:28:56 PM »
Plus, i would read into this that he IS going to play at some point tomorrow. Albion don't want to risk him having a stormer and being available for cheap for the Man Utd's of this world.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 09:29:28 PM »
good to see we have faith in the kids!
farm him out on loan next year and lets see what hes got! reserve football cannot compete with a prper compeitive game. would be nice to see the likes of mantom thorne hurst wood alliyu get first team action in the future but for now they need games!- we might aswell lend walsall a helping hand....
O Albion we love you

jamieee

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 09:44:40 PM »
He'll be starting tomorrow I'd have thought with mulumbu out.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 09:55:53 PM »
Roy's singled him out a few times for praise, and now this,  I imagine we'll be seeing him quiet a bit more next season.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 10:19:23 PM »
Could someone please tell me what type of midfielder he is please?

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 10:25:22 PM »
Could someone please tell me what type of midfielder he is please?

Only seen him a few times but he looks to me very much in the mould of Michael Carrick.  Passing is superb, a big lad, box to box with a good long range shot on him.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »
Glad to hear it. A great prospect, hope he has a long future with us
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 11:45:20 PM »
i'd like to see Hurst start also, we've nothing to lose and as he is a proper RB, rather than a midfielder covering, it should be good.

Wood to be on the bench, seeing at St Pete is out and we may have Miller or Fortune playing?

DudleyDan

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 10:26:26 AM »
Arsenal have been sniffing around him for a few years so it's good news.

Think he has the potential to be a great player.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 12:18:31 PM »
i'd like to see Hurst start also, we've nothing to lose and as he is a proper RB, rather than a midfielder covering, it should be good.

Wood to be on the bench, seeing at St Pete is out and we may have Miller or Fortune playing?
We have a lot to lose. Potentially 6 places worth about 5 million quid. That could be wages 4 new players. E.g. Cole?
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 01:07:14 PM »
I've never saw the lad in action but he's one I'm dying to see. If he does feature today I hope he has a solid game, would be nice to learn alot more about him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 01:38:10 PM »
We have a lot to lose. Potentially 6 places worth about 5 million quid. That could be wages 4 new players. E.g. Cole?

I take your point Cads, but if we take the point that there is never a game that isn't massively important, then none of the potential lads will ever get a game.

The money is an important issue and i'd personally love to be able to say Albion are a top half Prem club, but it's not like Thorne and Hurst are competetion winnings being given a laugh, they're young pros who apparently have talent and are worth the shot.

I'd like them both to play, i'm sure both would give 100% and grab this as their chance, which in all honesty mayeb some of the others wouldn't. I can't see Hurst backing out of a 50/50 today, while maybe Jara would see it and have second thoughts about havign a broken leg all summer?!

bobcracker

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »
Scored the winner for England U19's against the Swiss today. 94th minute goal in a 3-2 win.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:28:06 PM by bobcracker »

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 07:48:24 PM »
Scored the winner for England U17's against the Swiss today. 94th minute goal in a 3-2 win.

Ka-ching! Money player  ;D Jokes aside well done ;)

reiss

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 07:58:11 PM »
I think George Thorne will be a decent player, I have saw some reserve macthes where he has played and he looks solid in the mid

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »
i really hope he can get some regular bench time and 5+ appearances. If he does go on loan it has to be to a decent championship level club. Got some proper hopes for this lad!

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
Playing Spain on Sunday...I might just skip the beach for this one. 8)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »
Their second was also set up by one of his free kicks. Seems quite bright for the future, very well done to him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

reis wbafc patel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 09:54:55 PM »
He scored a last minute winner for England u19's against Switzerland. Final score was 3-2 to England, sounded like a good game tbh.
ALBION TIL I DIE

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 10:28:41 PM »
Things are looking good for the youth setup. James Hurst played the full 90 and Saidio Berhanio was on the bench.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 02:03:13 PM »
Our lads are coming on well, as long as they fulfill their potential we could have a few great players in the future
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 02:16:45 PM »
Good, glad to hear it. Would like to see him and Hurst and maybe Wood get some bench time next season, the odd cameo.
Benchtime ???
George Thorne is ready for the occasional start especially if Paul Scharner get's suspended :-[ AGAIN LOL..
Chris Wood :)
Worth a run out in the cups games 8)
James Hurst ???
A direct replacement for Steven Reid at right full back. Especially if he breaks down :(
In short?
Get rid of the likes of Mattock, Miller, Fortune et al and "blood these guys soon"...give them a taste and loan them for a month..then bring them back.
SIMPLES ;D
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 05:03:07 PM »
He hasn't even played at Championship level.... he must be rubbish. :-X

(See Billy Jones thread)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.