West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: WBA FC Women need your support!  (Read 19430 times)

Offline Dale

• Youth Baggie
Re: WBA FC Women need your support!
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2019, 11:56:57 AM »
Good to hear Oldbury24. Glad you and your little lass enjoyed the day! Nice to see a lot more Baggies fans come and support us yesterday. The girls are going to need it now with the final nine games remaining for the chance of promotion.

Offline Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2019, 03:29:21 PM »
We were made aware when the Cap. was handing out flyers in the supporters area outside the ground before the Norwich game.   My little one is only 7 so she was actually a bit starstruck to be meeting the Albion captain :) and kept mentioning it after the match.   We had watched the England ladies on the telly so she had mentioned watching some live football so it was perfect.

My daughter also made sure to see the Cap. at the end of the games yesterday, and she was good enough to thank my daughter for coming along and asked her if she enjoyed the game.   Very happy little girl, she even mentioned she might like to give up ballet and play instead...don't think Mom was quite so keen on that :)  Future Albion player maybe. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:31:12 PM by Oldbury24 »

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2019, 05:58:29 PM »
Watched the goals the ladies scored against Wolves via Twitter earlier and they looked might impressive.

Well done to all concerned in the Albion Ladies venture, we have some quality players in the team.

Source:  https://twitter.com/WBA/status/1089854483079794688   
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2019, 05:54:59 PM »
Congratulations to @WBAWomen Manager @louis_sowe on being named January’s #FAWNL Manager of the Month in the Division One category! #WeAreNational

Congratulations to Louis and his staff and well done to the team! Boing, Boing!!
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2019, 07:44:06 PM »
Well the Plate.  Left my seat at the Hawthorns empty yesterday following a nasty attack of indifference and instead drove over to Rugby with my little girl to watch Albion ladies demolish Liverpool  Feds 5-1 in the National Plate Final.  Fantastic performance, they worked so hard together as a team with a high press and scored some cracking goals.   Been following the baggies for 35 years and first national Cup competition I've seen any Albion team win.  It is the second tier Cup but a win is a win 😁. Relegated last year but unbeaten this.... COYLB

How did that end up here?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:03:02 PM by Oldbury24 »

Offline Dale

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2019, 08:18:52 AM »
Great to hear Oldbury24. I think I know who you are now!  :P

It was a fantastic day and the first time we have ever won the Plate, so history made on that score and we are still in with a chance of a incredible TREBLE!

We now have another huge game this Easter Sunday where we can wrap up the title and promotion back to the Northern Division (Women's third tier).

Any Baggies fans that can come along to support us for this one, then please do as it's FREE entry. We take on Steel City Wanderers (ko 2pm) at the University of Wolverhampton, (Walsall Campus), Gorway Road, WS1 3BE.

Failing that, you will be able to follow updates on our twitter @WBAWomen or Facebook page Facebook.com/AlbionLadies.

Boing Boing!

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2019, 11:44:22 AM »
The womens team are playing at Tamworth tomorrow against Coventry United in the Birmingham FA Womens Cup, they beat Burton Albion Ladies 6-0 yesterday
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo