Author Topic: Hal Robson-Kanu  (Read 142580 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Hal Robson-Kanu
« Reply #1075 on: November 21, 2020, 11:43:59 AM »
The straight red card during his 14 minute cameo on the last game of the 18/19 season away at Derby was utterly disgraceful conduct of HRK, albion59. Who knows what may have happened in the play-off semi final against the Vile if we’d had the option of bringing HRK on.

I always maintained that he should never have played for us again after that.

We were already short on numbers and because of him we had to watch Leko faffing around like a fish out of water against Mings.

We also were not helped by the ridiculous decision to send Gayle off and the ineptitude of Chris Brunt.
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1076 on: November 21, 2020, 01:46:10 PM »

We were already short on numbers and because of him we had to watch Leko faffing around like a fish out of water against Mings.

We also were not helped by the ridiculous decision to send Gayle off and the ineptitude of Chris Brunt.
We would struggle to put 11 out if we didn’t let those that made mistakes play again .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1077 on: November 21, 2020, 01:49:02 PM »
Championship at best. Need to offload in January ( hopefully someone will be daft enough to take him).

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1078 on: November 21, 2020, 01:52:18 PM »

It could be argued that he should never have played for us before that either.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1079 on: November 21, 2020, 03:51:25 PM »
We would struggle to put 11 out if we didn’t let those that made mistakes play again .

Kicking someone on purpose is not a mistake
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1080 on: November 21, 2020, 07:17:13 PM »
Kicking someone on purpose is not a mistake
Gibbs did that, Gayle dived and got a ban .....every single player at some time....I don’t think you just bomb them straight away.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GREGMT

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1081 on: November 22, 2020, 11:30:38 AM »
Still absolutely useless!  With Grant starting and Robinson as sub, we don't need this guy at all.  Contributed nothing when he came on.

Is it just down to the fact HRK wants to play football and Austin does not?  Is it that basic?

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1082 on: November 22, 2020, 11:32:45 AM »
Still absolutely useless!  With Grant starting and Robinson as sub, we don't need this guy at all.  Contributed nothing when he came on.

Is it just down to the fact HRK wants to play football and Austin does not?  Is it that basic?

He held the ball up very well and set Gallagher away for when Robinson hit the bar?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1083 on: November 22, 2020, 04:38:27 PM »

You may have watched a different game to me ....he was good when he came on , held the ball up well , put himself about well and gave 100%.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1084 on: November 22, 2020, 04:52:23 PM »
I think sometimes we let our personal views influence what we think we see on the pitch. Frankly I'm in year 3 or 4 where I just cant believe he's in our squad, but he has clearly had some good times with us and did well when he came on - especially the brilliant turn to set Gallagher away.

Call it as you see it rather than whether you like the player or not. He did well for me.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1085 on: November 22, 2020, 05:16:14 PM »
Personally I thought he did ok when he came on
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

GREGMT

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1086 on: November 22, 2020, 06:49:10 PM »
Sorry but our goal threat diminished completely after Robinson hit the bar.  He is too slow, can't get in behind and never looks like scoring.  Nowhere near good enough for the level we are playing! 

We are finding it hard enough to score as it is, then we bring him on and my expectations of us scoring evaporate even further.

Just not for me.

baggie82

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1087 on: November 22, 2020, 06:50:56 PM »
He's constantly diving to win free kicks which I find quite pathetic. I don't mind him having a role off the bench but he's not a goal threat like Robinson who deserves more time on the pitch and Grant.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1088 on: November 22, 2020, 07:34:12 PM »
I think sometimes we let our personal views influence what we think we see on the pitch. Frankly I'm in year 3 or 4 where I just cant believe he's in our squad, but he has clearly had some good times with us and did well when he came on - especially the brilliant turn to set Gallagher away.

Call it as you see it rather than whether you like the player or not. He did well for me.
Very well said, there are players that I am not too keen on, but when they play well credit is given.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1089 on: November 22, 2020, 11:02:20 PM »
 >:( Was he playing?