West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Allan Nyom Joins Leganes on loan  (Read 51871 times)

Offline Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach
Re: Allan Nyom joins Albion
« Reply #350 on: August 12, 2018, 02:50:45 PM »
Lads can we stop the petty sniping at each other and debate like adults , you all know how to post.
Don't moan when posts get deleted or worse.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Allan Nyom joins Albion
« Reply #351 on: August 12, 2018, 06:23:56 PM »
My take on Allan Nyom is that although he wasn't a world beater last season he often managed to seem do OK amongst a sea of mediocrity all around him
This term he can't seem to buy a decent showing and my suspicion is that he's suffering from not having the same degree of cover in front of him and to his left as last season and so his defensive frailties show through more. I would also suspect he doesn't react well to the crowd seeming to be on his back from the off and so possible low confidence just sinks even lower
Attacking wise he has always been, and continues to unfortunately be Bambi on ice in the headlights but so long as he wears the shirt and puts in the effort he gets my support
COYB 
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Offline boinging_along

• Senior Baggie
Re: Allan Nyom
« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »
Nyom was clearly at fault for two of the goals.  The first he didn't close down at all leaving the  Norwich player all the time in the world.  The second he tried to play his way out against a player who had destroyed him all game. You couldn't find two clearer examples.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »
Nyom was clearly at fault for two of the goals.  The first he didn't close down at all leaving the  Norwich player all the time in the world. Who then put in a terrible ball that should easily have been dealt with by Bartley    The second he tried to play his way out against a player who had destroyed him all game. And then the resulting shot unluckily took a massive deflection preventing our keeper making a regulation save    You couldn't find two clearer examples.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Andio

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2018, 07:04:56 PM »
I can't believe you are absolving Nyom of the blame by blaming a deflection, if Nyom had cleared his lines the shot wouldn't even have happened  ;D ;D

If you notice his own reaction he knows it's his fault.

You must be on the wind up mate.  :P

Offline boinging_along

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2018, 07:47:17 PM »
Come on Jacko! You must be on the wind up here.  Nyom apologised to the bench after the second.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #356 on: August 12, 2018, 08:58:58 PM »
Not absolving him of blame. There's more to every goal including these two than just Allan Nyoms input.

Offline wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #357 on: August 13, 2018, 03:18:40 AM »
On this season's evidence so far totally out of his depth and not even trying.

Massive problem for us and easily the club's no 1 priority to correct whoever they can.

I wanted Dawson to replace Hegazi but now I want him to plug the RB problem for now

by the way our obvious other problem is Gibbs at LB but we probably have a fix for that - when he gets benched there will be a massive toys out the pram from him which DM wil have to manage with a firm hand

Offline tylerm

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #358 on: August 13, 2018, 09:06:05 AM »
On this season's evidence so far totally out of his depth and not even trying.

Massive problem for us and easily the club's no 1 priority to correct whoever they can.

I wanted Dawson to replace Hegazi but now I want him to plug the RB problem for now

by the way our obvious other problem is Gibbs at LB but we probably have a fix for that - when he gets benched there will be a massive toys out the pram from him which DM wil have to manage with a firm hand

Although Darren has tried to keep last years squad together we have a problem here. A few of them think they are Premier League quality but it appears that teams in the premier league don't agree. Nyom is garbage and agreed that he appears to think he is too good for this level. Same with Gibbs. Both need moving on, hopefully something with Gibbs and Torino will still happen. Nyom is in the HRK category. Nobody will be stupid enough to want to buy him

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #359 on: August 13, 2018, 10:27:49 AM »
Not absolving him of blame. There's more to every goal including these two than just Allan Nyoms input.

Pity you didn't apply the same when you were blaming McClean for a few goals last season and Livermore for being out muscled by Abrahams after Brunt had needlessly given away a corner.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #360 on: August 13, 2018, 01:21:34 PM »
Pity you didn't apply the same when you were blaming McClean for a few goals last season and Livermore for being out muscled by Abrahams after Brunt had needlessly given away a corner.

Think I was mostly with you regards McClean? Corners happen and should then be dealt with? Like the first on Saturday crosses happen and should be dealt with.

Offline boinging_along

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #361 on: August 13, 2018, 01:28:42 PM »

Think I was mostly with you regards McClean? Corners happen and should then be dealt with? Like the first on Saturday crosses happen and should be dealt with.

I think it's a bit cheeky to call that a "cross".  We aren't talking about it being out by the touch line, which is where it should have been had Nyom done his job.  Because Nyom let him have all the time and space he wanted he was able to pick out a short 10 yard pass into an incredibly difficult area to defend.  To think that the defence should have cleared that like a routine cross is incredibly harsh seeing as you're being incredibly generous to say that Nyom wasn't at fault.

The more I see it the worse it gets.  He doesn't ever get within 6 yards of the guy he's defending up against. 

And if you look for their 3rd goal, Nyom is somehow tucked inside the CH and he doesn't make any attempt to head the ball, so that's another he should have done better on.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:36:15 PM by boinging_along »

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #362 on: August 13, 2018, 02:41:53 PM »

Apologies Jacko I got that wrong.
 Yes corners do happen but sometimes they are avoidable, like the one against Swansea. If Brunt just clears it up the park then we have a chance to regroup and get back into shape with the ball in front of us making it easier for us to defend. Still it's in the past.

Nyom was awful on Saturday, he looked uninterested, was out of position plenty of times. His reaction to the 2nd goal showed that he knew he was at fault. Personally I thought he had a part to play in all the goals we conceded he could have tried more to block Hanley but then Hegazi should have been stronger in the challenge too. He looked really lacking in confidence by the end of the game.

Taking that into account I'd still start him tomorrow as a decent performance against Luton might see him gain a bit of confidence and put in better performances.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #363 on: August 13, 2018, 02:46:48 PM »
Apologies Jacko I got that wrong.
 Yes corners do happen but sometimes they are avoidable, like the one against Swansea. If Brunt just clears it up the park then we have a chance to regroup and get back into shape with the ball in front of us making it easier for us to defend. Still it's in the past.

Nyom was awful on Saturday, he looked uninterested, was out of position plenty of times. His reaction to the 2nd goal showed that he knew he was at fault. Personally I thought he had a part to play in all the goals we conceded he could have tried more to block Hanley but then Hegazi should have been stronger in the challenge too. He looked really lacking in confidence by the end of the game.

Taking that into account I'd still start him tomorrow as a decent performance against Luton might see him gain a bit of confidence and put in better performances.
And another crap performance will convince DM he's right to drop him.
Personally I hope he can turn it around as he has a few months here at least (barring a loan) and if he plays well it has to be a plus for us.
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #364 on: August 13, 2018, 04:42:19 PM »
I think it's a bit cheeky to call that a "cross".  We aren't talking about it being out by the touch line, which is where it should have been had Nyom done his job.  Because Nyom let him have all the time and space he wanted he was able to pick out a short 10 yard pass into an incredibly difficult area to defend.  To think that the defence should have cleared that like a routine cross is incredibly harsh seeing as you're being incredibly generous to say that Nyom wasn't at fault.

The more I see it the worse it gets.  He doesn't ever get within 6 yards of the guy he's defending up against. 

And if you look for their 3rd goal, Nyom is somehow tucked inside the CH and he doesn't make any attempt to head the ball, so that's another he should have done better on.

Bartley could have cleared said cross any where. Instead he shanked it onto his own bar. Agree to differ.

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #365 on: August 13, 2018, 04:53:06 PM »
By whatever definition it was a ball into the box.

Shouldn't really have come in but we're playing a fairly narrow back four which invites balls in to be dealt with.

We did similar under Roy Hodgson but we don't have a peak Olsson and GMac to deal with the threat.

Further to this the midfield's more open which means there'll be plenty of space for runners to get in and about.

The ball came came in, it wasn't dealt with.

Keystone Cops defending by all concerned.

Must do better.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline CL3MO

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #366 on: August 13, 2018, 06:32:50 PM »
Interesting comments at the bottom of the Express and Star article on our search for a new RB today.

Nyom cast uncertainty over his Baggies future over the weekend, when he responded to abuse from an Albion fan on social media.

After a supporter messaged him on Instagram saying: “U are s**t”, Nyom responded: “Don’t worry, I’m leaving soon.”

However, it’s understood he is not close to leaving the club.

Nyom was dropped for last week’s game at Nottingham Forest, and then made a mistake in the 4-3 victory at Norwich that let the Canaries back into the game.

The 30-year-old was signed from Watford two years ago for £3m, and was a cult hero in his first season at the club. He has two years left on his contract.

Don't agree with the personal abuse but stupid comments to make back.

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #367 on: August 13, 2018, 06:42:24 PM »
Interesting comments at the bottom of the Express and Star article on our search for a new RB today.

Nyom cast uncertainty over his Baggies future over the weekend, when he responded to abuse from an Albion fan on social media.

After a supporter messaged him on Instagram saying: “U are s**t”, Nyom responded: “Don’t worry, I’m leaving soon.”

However, it’s understood he is not close to leaving the club.

Nyom was dropped for last week’s game at Nottingham Forest, and then made a mistake in the 4-3 victory at Norwich that let the Canaries back into the game.

The 30-year-old was signed from Watford two years ago for £3m, and was a cult hero in his first season at the club. He has two years left on his contract.

Don't agree with the personal abuse but stupid comments to make back.
was that comment from his actual account because I’m sure someone on twitter said it was a fake account.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #368 on: August 13, 2018, 07:13:17 PM »
was that comment from his actual account because I’m sure someone on twitter said it was a fake account.

More to the point what is the point of a fan directly berating a player like that. What kind of advert is that for players to come and join our club. We want them to be on social media more and interact with them but why would they bother with the hassle they get with comments like that.

Yes he might not be the best player in our squad but every squad has a weak link and that is what makes football the greatest sport. It's all about the team and not individuals.

Remember last time we got promoted with Luke Moore first choice striker until just before Christmas?

He is an Albion player after all so by all means assess his performance, as the management would do but let's get behind him while he is having a difficult spell. He is a better player than he showed against Norwich and didn't have that bad of a game against Bolton. For all we know he was carrying a knock but Darren Moore didn't want to hang Tosin out to dry again.

I personally think he will be much better with Dawson back alongside him.

Offline boinging_along

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2018, 07:26:38 PM »
Agreed jamesh, there's one thing being critical or pointing out errors, it's another to (attempt to) post directly to a player giving them abuse.  Like it or not he's still an Albion player and it's a bad advert for the club when this happens.  And if people think it wouldn't have an effect, what if someone is thinking of moving to Albion and ask Nyom for advice? 

We want loyalty from the players but, as fans, it appears we don't give the players the same kind of loyalty at times.

Offline WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #370 on: August 13, 2018, 09:31:09 PM »
Food for thought, Nyom made a howler which lead to the goal on Saturday, it was a massive mistake.
The kid on loan from City did a similar howler in the Forest game, where his sloppy back-pass nearly lead to a goal - and it was arguably an easier chance/bigger mistake.

I don't mind people being critical but I do feel in football that if a chance is missed then people ignore it, whereas when it leads to a goal - it is magnified more so.

The solution is to get Dawson back at RB ASAP.

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #371 on: August 13, 2018, 10:36:20 PM »
Food for thought, Nyom made a howler which lead to the goal on Saturday, it was a massive mistake.
The kid on loan from City did a similar howler in the Forest game, where his sloppy back-pass nearly lead to a goal - and it was arguably an easier chance/bigger mistake.

I don't mind people being critical but I do feel in football that if a chance is missed then people ignore it, whereas when it leads to a goal - it is magnified more so.

The solution is to get Dawson back at RB ASAP.

No, Bartley and Hegazi are equally vulnerable and are looking very shaky.

New RB signing to replace Nyom and Dawson to replace Hegazi or Bartley is the best outcome.

Any abuse Nyom is receiving on social media is an absolute disgrace.

Offline swad35

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #372 on: August 13, 2018, 11:33:26 PM »

Any abuse Nyom is receiving on social media is an absolute disgrace.

I’m a long time guest/member on this forum and is it me or have some of the recent opinions on here and social media become more personal. I don’t recall such anger towards our club from our so called own. I get it’s peoples opinions and it’s a forum but recently I saw an overtly racist comment about Lai that was promptly taken down, the comments about DM and the way he speaks I find insulting to the man and the comments about Nyom (granted not particularly on this site) are personal attacks on him. I get it his not very good on occasion, now move on.

I’ve always been suspicious of comments written on social media and I remember on this site some years ago fans from other teams coming on and stirring the pot with us but I have to wonder what’s become of us as baggies fans. It must just be me but I don’t remember us being so critical......is it the Pulis/Pardew era?

Offline costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2018, 11:50:03 PM »
I’m a long time guest/member on this forum and is it me or have some of the recent opinions on here and social media become more personal. I don’t recall such anger towards our club from our so called own. I get it’s peoples opinions and it’s a forum but recently I saw an overtly racist comment about Lai that was promptly taken down, the comments about DM and the way he speaks I find insulting to the man and the comments about Nyom (granted not particularly on this site) are personal attacks on him. I get it his not very good on occasion, now move on.

I’ve always been suspicious of comments written on social media and I remember on this site some years ago fans from other teams coming on and stirring the pot with us but I have to wonder what’s become of us as baggies fans. It must just be me but I don’t remember us being so critical......is it the Pulis/Pardew era?
You’re not wrong. I’ve been on here for 8 years now. Just look back at earlier posts, and you’ll see just how easy going it was. Facebook the same. It’s called disinhibition. Look it up. Then start a new subject, as this is about Nyom. ☺️
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:07:01 AM by OldburyWBA »
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #374 on: August 13, 2018, 11:52:31 PM »

I think this is social media in general and it is because very loud and angry people now feel empowered to say bad things without consequence. Its not just football, its poltitics etc too. Online is becoming a gutter. I think this forum is a bit of a sanctuary away from twitter/facebook/youtube though.