Author Topic: Nacer Chadli (Sold to Monaco)  (Read 395173 times)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Nacer Chadli joins Albion
« Reply #850 on: November 16, 2017, 10:57:01 AM »
I could understand Pulis's reasons for leaving out players in the past but this year especially I'm genuinely confused. We desperately need creatively, pass, nous, players to join a deep defence up with our one attacker! Burke, Phillips and Chadli fit the bill but Pulis persists with three deep central midfielders in front of a deep back five - it's just plain weird. In fact, it (unfortunately) reminds me of the end of Megson's tenure when he was playing Clement in central midfield and making strange decisions...........

Chadli is not a World beater but he's certainly worth a few games in the No.10 to see if he can win us some points and maybe even help us keep possession.....!
if Chadli is capable of doing things like this for Belgium the other night why not something similar for us?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bvzWVRaX_0
I imagine rondon would love opportunities like that to occasionally fall his way!
Accepted that it is difficult to get into the opponents box and do that when your first duty is to cover one of the full backs though
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #851 on: November 16, 2017, 11:17:45 AM »
Pulis has said that he thinks Morrison is the best No10 at the club and has used the fact that he's injured as one of the reasons for our poor form and why we set up the way we do with the defensive midfielders.

Why not start Chadli in that role then? Surely it would be better to play the same formation and tactics with Chadli then once Morrison is fit just bring him in.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #852 on: November 16, 2017, 11:24:40 AM »
Pulis has said that he thinks Morrison is the best No10 at the club and has used the fact that he's injured as one of the reasons for our poor form and why we set up the way we do with the defensive midfielders.

Why not start Chadli in that role then? Surely it would be better to play the same formation and tactics with Chadli then once Morrison is fit just bring him in.
Anyone watching us on a regular basis knows that a) Mozza's absence has virtually nothing to do with our poor for and b) Pulis doesn't play him when he's fit anyway.

He's just clutching at straws and throwing stuff out for lazy journo's, who'll think" Oh yes Morrison, he's a big name, I've heard of him, must be a big miss!"

The truth is that, as good as Mozza has been, as a no. 10 he would now be behind Chadli, Phillips and Rodriguez in most fans eyes.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #853 on: November 16, 2017, 11:31:54 AM »
but he doesnt consistently use Morrison when hes fit. Pulis is loosing his marbles
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #854 on: November 16, 2017, 03:20:14 PM »
Pullis confirms he never really wanted Chadli (all John Williams's fault)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeaAkWrgV5g
Also states Chadli is best utilised in the final third of the pitch hmmmm ought to take his own advice

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #855 on: November 16, 2017, 10:24:36 PM »
totally wasted under Pulis,same with our other front footed players,its no coincidence that our attacking players bought in by Pulis have any attacking intent coached out of them very quickly
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 07:43:51 AM by Hull Baggie »

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #856 on: November 17, 2017, 03:53:19 AM »
Pullis confirms he never really wanted Chadli (all John Williams's fault)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeaAkWrgV5g
Also states Chadli is best utilised in the final third of the pitch hmmmm ought to take his own advice

This nullifies the argument that Pulis can play better football with better players. He is not interested, and that's that. And as others pointed out, he actively ruins talent because he only cares about his Pulisball approach. This should be crystal clear to all now. The debate at the start of TP's reign at Albion is settled- the nay's have it.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #857 on: November 17, 2017, 08:08:39 AM »
Anyone watching us on a regular basis knows that a) Mozza's absence has virtually nothing to do with our poor for and b) Pulis doesn't play him when he's fit anyway.

He's just clutching at straws and throwing stuff out for lazy journo's, who'll think" Oh yes Morrison, he's a big name, I've heard of him, must be a big miss!"

The truth is that, as good as Mozza has been, as a no. 10 he would now be behind Chadli, Phillips and Rodriguez in most fans eyes.
No that's not the truth. The truth is that Morrison is the only one of those you mention who is an attacking midfield player and can genuinely drop in and become the third central midfield player when needed. The rest are attacking players who can play No. 10 but they can't double as central midfielders. Morrison is the only genuine AM on our books which is a mistake given his injury record over the past couple of years.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #858 on: November 17, 2017, 09:05:36 AM »
"Out for the foreseeable future" according to Pulis in the presser. Picked up an injury in training yesterday.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #859 on: November 17, 2017, 09:06:43 AM »
"Out for the foreseeable future" according to Pulis in the presser. Picked up an injury in training yesterday.

thats hillarious

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #860 on: November 17, 2017, 09:08:28 AM »
Yeah sure we all believe that one Tone!
Gone in January?
Edited as per Glyn, Gone in January if our Tone is still with us (hopefully not)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:57:47 AM by BigFrank20 »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #861 on: November 17, 2017, 09:12:54 AM »
hopefully any new head coach will want to keep him

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #862 on: November 17, 2017, 09:20:59 AM »
Must have been a hamstring from running back after being berated for having  the audacity  to get into the opponents half  !!😂

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #863 on: November 17, 2017, 10:00:56 AM »
No that's not the truth. The truth is that Morrison is the only one of those you mention who is an attacking midfield player and can genuinely drop in and become the third central midfield player when needed. The rest are attacking players who can play No. 10 but they can't double as central midfielders. Morrison is the only genuine AM on our books which is a mistake given his injury record over the past couple of years.
That's just your opinion, and you are looking at it in a Pulis way, where dropping back is the most important thing, which I'm not convinced Mozza is that good at it anyway, any one of the 3 could do it, whilst offering more going forward.
I would prefer a no. 10 to focus on getting us up the pitch, and that's why I said that the truth is that most fans would pick Chadli, Phillips or Rodriguez ahead of Morrison to play the number 10.
If I'm wrong then I'm sure I will be corrected.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #864 on: November 17, 2017, 10:27:34 AM »
Sad that he's got injured again, was hoping he would play a part. Oh well, getting unlucky with injuries lately.
the regime don't like it man

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #865 on: November 17, 2017, 10:32:57 AM »
He's a liability. Let's hope he is fit enough to transfer in the January window

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #866 on: November 17, 2017, 10:33:13 AM »
Blaming the internationals for it  ::)

No Tone, if you had played him he may have been much fitter and not picked up another injury!!!

whether fit or injured Pulis doesnt care as he wont play him anyway

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #867 on: November 17, 2017, 11:27:08 AM »
Secretly he will be delighted as it ticks two boxes for him.

1. He doesn't need to justify not picking him now
2. He can blame injuries for another tame display

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #868 on: November 17, 2017, 11:29:56 AM »
He's a liability. Let's hope he is fit enough to transfer in the January window

Every one of the players pulis plays out of position are a liability.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #869 on: November 17, 2017, 11:31:39 AM »
It’s getting silly now. He again referred to pre season, he just wants him to fail. Krycho didn’t have a pre season either. It’s obvious that Chadli made the mistake of crossing Pulis and that’s that. Maybe a new manager will reinvigorate him...

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #870 on: November 17, 2017, 11:33:02 AM »
Find it amusing how our better, more attacking players are always injured or 'not upto speed'. Anyone that continues to buy this rubbish is completely deluded.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #871 on: November 17, 2017, 12:01:08 PM »
Find it amusing how our better, more attacking players are always injured or 'not upto speed'. Anyone that continues to buy this rubbish is completely deluded.
One can't help but wonder how many are now avoiding playing for him in his formation in order to speed up his departure or more probably avoiding being tainted by association with his failed tactics

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #872 on: November 17, 2017, 12:42:48 PM »
If the club were upset he'd been overplayed by Belgium and was fatigued then why wasn't he rested from training to recover?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #873 on: November 17, 2017, 02:44:42 PM »
If the club were upset he'd been overplayed by Belgium and was fatigued then why wasn't he rested from training to recover?
Extremely good question, especially as it was reported that McClean had been given an extra day off after his international game.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #874 on: November 17, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
Pulis couldn't injure him if he gave him a days rest. Probably made him do running drills all day until his hip injury flared up again