West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Sam Field  (Read 63017 times)

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
Re: Sam Field
« Reply #575 on: June 08, 2019, 02:34:04 PM »
You do realise only 2 players kept their place after the first game ?

Nothing to do with being dropped, its standard in this tournament that the squad is used during the group games

I do realise that yes, however Sam wasn't rotated back in for the 3rd match until someone was injured in the 1st half. If you don't think he was dropped for the Portugal game why didn't he start the Mexico game?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #576 on: June 08, 2019, 03:40:44 PM »

I do realise that yes, however Sam wasn't rotated back in for the 3rd match until someone was injured in the 1st half. If you don't think he was dropped for the Portugal game why didn't he start the Mexico game?

I have no idea why some players were picked and others not picked, thats down to the staff for that team, i'm just not assuming anything either way as I don't have any agendas.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #577 on: June 10, 2019, 01:31:11 PM »
That age group doesn't have a particularly great team, so I don't think you can pinpoint Sam for being a poor player in it. No more than, say, Kyle Edwards.

Well Jacko can, but any reasonable person can't. ;D

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #578 on: June 10, 2019, 02:17:36 PM »
Just had a look, 24 pages in 3 years on not-so-young Sam, I reckon this season is make or break for him, either a regular at Xmas or on the cheerio list

Offline timdon

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #579 on: June 10, 2019, 05:16:09 PM »
Just had a look, 24 pages in 3 years on not-so-young Sam, I reckon this season is make or break for him, either a regular at Xmas or on the cheerio list
21 last month and you are willing to write him off by Christmas? He has already made 37 appearances for us, has played reasonably well, and continues to develop. As a holding midfielder he will be at his peak in about 7 years time. Have a bit of patience.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #580 on: June 10, 2019, 05:49:21 PM »
21 last month and you are willing to write him off by Christmas? He has already made 37 appearances for us, has played reasonably well, and continues to develop. As a holding midfielder he will be at his peak in about 7 years time. Have a bit of patience.
I've always thought he looked useful, I hope he comes through.  I hope we find a manager who will give him a fair crack at things.

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #581 on: June 10, 2019, 06:56:22 PM »
I've always thought he looked useful, I hope he comes through.  I hope we find a manager who will give him a fair crack at things.

I've just had a mental imagine of Dowling and Jenkins sifting through lost property looking for one of those......
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #582 on: June 10, 2019, 07:07:54 PM »
I'd just like to know what he's done wrong in the games he has played to attract the negativity. Can anyone answer ? 

He certainly hasn't given the ball away repeatedly or got caught out of position repeatedly or got himself sent off for reckless challenges.

The only possible answer is too much sideways or back passing. Personally I don't agree with that accusation anyway...if there is a touch of that it's probably due to general lack of movement in the team.

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2019, 12:56:28 PM »
The only possible answer is too much sideways or back passing. Personally I don't agree with that accusation anyway...if there is a touch of that it's probably due to general lack of movement in the team.

If you watch the games, I think Sam does go sideways and backwards too often - early on in games. By about half time / beginning of the second half, he seems to have grown in confidence and starts trying more things. It's something that will come with experience and confidence.

Although it would help if there was better movement in front of him.