West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez  (Read 108416 times)

The Tank, Baggie_Bouncer2005 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #1000 on: December 03, 2018, 11:01:40 PM »
Needs a spell on the bench.

He does. Away from home Gayle as the outlet offers you far more. He can't finish and those games when we only get one chance and we need the net to bulge.
O Albion we love you

Offline Oldbury24

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #1001 on: December 03, 2018, 11:35:54 PM »
Would be a top player if he could just learn to hit that donkeys ass with the banjo!!  Good touch, workrate and attitude....s.**t finsher and must score 1 chance in 5 or 6.

Offline BalisPen

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #1002 on: December 04, 2018, 04:18:34 AM »
Terrible misses again, please come back in for him Burnley.

In an ideal world they pay what they offered for him in the summer and we get vydra on loan from them.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1003 on: December 04, 2018, 06:41:56 PM »
He was in total control though. It wasn't on the stretch he was sliding and comfortably getting to the ball.  The guy just isn't a great finisher.  He also had a bunch of other chances, air shots,  mis controls, taking too long to get his shot off, making the wrong decision, etc

We looked like we were playing with two competition winners up top.  Bit harsh on HRK, because he at least offered something in other areas of the pitch.
If you're sliding you lose some control though, that's why it's bad when tacklers go off their feet. Anyway we are agreed it was a bad miss. As for HRK's header, again he should have scored no doubt but there was a little 'clever' push in his back while he was airborne which probably didn't help.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1004 on: December 04, 2018, 09:38:42 PM »
Needs a spell on the bench.
The bench in the barbers
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1005 on: December 04, 2018, 10:46:01 PM »
I find it amazing how Jay seems to avoid a large amount criticism, he’s been poor for some time now, I’m sure he’s a really nice guy and he works hard but his performances and finishing have been way off. Hate to say it but if this was Rondon playing this way he’d being getting absolutely slated.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1006 on: December 05, 2018, 01:28:25 PM »
I find it amazing how Jay seems to avoid a large amount criticism, he’s been poor for some time now, I’m sure he’s a really nice guy and he works hard but his performances and finishing have been way off. Hate to say it but if this was Rondon playing this way he’d being getting absolutely slated.

Spot on. Also worth noting Rondon has never played as poorly for us as Rodriguez has for the majority of this season, and in a much better division too.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Oldbury24

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #1007 on: December 05, 2018, 02:11:26 PM »

Spot on. Also worth noting Rondon has never played as poorly for us as Rodriguez has for the majority of this season, and in a much better division too.

Rondon in the current 4-3-3 set up would be a beast.  I'm not convinced he is a natural finisher either but would have been interesting to find out given the number of chances we now create.

JRod is a likeable footballer and there was no mention of strops or dummies out of the pram in the summer which I appreciated.  But I reckon he must be nearly in double figures for missed chances already this season (not half chances either).   He is either a decent striker who is a confidence player and has poor runs of form, or a very average striker who occasionally hits a run of good form.   It's also surprising how much his aptitude for taking penalties masks his actual goal return - although it should be noted that he doesn't win them.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:13:41 PM by Oldbury24 »

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1008 on: December 05, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
Given the quality of many of the chances which have fallen his way, allied to him being on penalties, he really should be on at least 16 goals by now. Hope he bags the winner on Friday. But if we fail to win and he misses as many chances as versus Brentford he can keep walking down the tunnel without bothering with a shower on the way out.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1009 on: December 05, 2018, 04:36:41 PM »
Rondon in the current 4-3-3 set up would be a beast.  I'm not convinced he is a natural finisher either but would have been interesting to find out given the number of chances we now create.

JRod is a likeable footballer and there was no mention of strops or dummies out of the pram in the summer which I appreciated.  But I reckon he must be nearly in double figures for missed chances already this season (not half chances either).   He is either a decent striker who is a confidence player and has poor runs of form, or a very average striker who occasionally hits a run of good form.   It's also surprising how much his aptitude for taking penalties masks his actual goal return - although it should be noted that he doesn't win them.
It’s a good point, his figures are bulked out by the penalties but all of them have been won my Gayle. Id love JRod to find his form but in reality I don’t think he’s good enough. If Burnley come back for him with a sensible offer I’d be tempted to take it and invest it in someone like assombalonga or even Neal Maupay.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1010 on: December 08, 2018, 09:14:55 PM »
What a player no?! The hand of Rod!

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1011 on: December 08, 2018, 10:07:21 PM »
Time to shake his hand and say "goodbye"?

Offline BalisPen

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #1012 on: Yesterday at 12:29:14 AM »
Time to shake his hand and say "goodbye"?

I'll give him a hand packing if Burnley hand over the money.

Obviously there will be handkerchiefs readily available for those who cannot handle his departure.

Hopefully, we'll find a more handy player upfront after we make an handsome profit on him.

Offline baggie53

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1013 on: Yesterday at 07:34:15 PM »
I'll give him a hand packing if Burnley hand over the money.

Obviously there will be handkerchiefs readily available for those who cannot handle his departure.

Hopefully, we'll find a more handy player upfront after we make an handsome profit on him.

What? More handy than Jay was on Friday?
Vorwärts die Breithosen !

Offline tylerm

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1014 on: Yesterday at 08:47:39 PM »
Seriously if Burnley,who could well be desperate in January came back in with 15 million you would snatch their hands off.

Offline barnestormer

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1015 on: Today at 10:52:07 AM »
Seriously if Burnley,who could well be desperate in January came back in with 15 million you would snatch their hands off.
Only if we reinvested the money and Laid doesn't trouser it,has he trousered the Chadli dosh? Well soon find out