West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 156527 times)

Offline Mickyfudge

• WBA Newbie
Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #1200 on: November 05, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »
It’s interesting to note that more and more fans are realising just how poor j rod and Livermore are ,I have been saying it for the last 18 months ,it’s laughable when fans talk about our prem quality squad and include those pair ,Livermore can’t tackle his shooting is atrocious and his creativity is so poor ,we all know the midfield has wanted overhauling for two years but nothing has been done about it

Online baggie82

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1201 on: November 05, 2018, 04:22:12 PM »
It’s interesting to note that more and more fans are realising just how poor j rod and Livermore are ,I have been saying it for the last 18 months ,it’s laughable when fans talk about our prem quality squad and include those pair ,Livermore can’t tackle his shooting is atrocious and his creativity is so poor ,we all know the midfield has wanted overhauling for two years but nothing has been done about it

Agree with you on Livermore. Even more infuriating when Yacob who he replaced in the team is now at Forest (which coincided with our dip in form and then subsequent relegation). Worryingly too many people at the club rate these players as well.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1202 on: November 05, 2018, 06:51:28 PM »
Agree with you on Livermore. Even more infuriating when Yacob who he replaced in the team is now at Forest (which coincided with our dip in form and then subsequent relegation). Worryingly too many people at the club rate these players as well.
I think it's a bit more complex
For a start , there are many saying that we have no "legs" in midfield, as much as I loved Yacob..he adds no legs
Then the Livermore debate...is he great...no, but he is a better cm than brunt , he seems less brittle than mozza, he has more experience than field...I get why he's picked
We also had quite a few comings and goings in the last 18 months, sometimes you have to let the ship stabilise before you plot to change course,
In a couple of years we had new owners , 3 new managers , players in and out, relegation , new chief exec ...where we are is not bad ....although we should never be afraid to constructively criticise , we need to reverse the current trend, ultimately whatever we think matters not, but Darren will live and die by his decisions

Graham jones was being hailed as the messiah
Well if I had vermalen, vertongen and alderwiereld I reckon I could arrange a 3 man defence , I'd also suggest hazard and de bryne are at least the equal of Barry and brunt 😀
Finally, rodriguez ...I've said before , the hair thing bothers me , zlatan with all his skills and DELIVERY IN BIG GAMES can do what he wants, JRod is an average player in the secondary league and spends far too much time playing with his Barnet , if he didn't take the pens I'd suggest his goals to minutes would be below HRK , we have always had good strikers in my time ,Phillips, Odemwingie,Roberts,Taylor hunt  ....we know have Gayle ...but there really is no back up , Defoe on loan and Maja/maupay and suddenly we are deadly

Imagine a second half , we need a goal , Phillips,sako and Barnes bombing forward to supply Gayle and Defoe ...eye watering
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline gavinrussell

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1203 on: November 05, 2018, 07:01:19 PM »
Wonder if Burnley would still pay million for Dawson ?

Offline boinging_along

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1204 on: November 05, 2018, 07:14:47 PM »
Yacob has played once for Forest so far this season.

Offline Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1205 on: November 05, 2018, 08:13:09 PM »

Yacob is a red herring.  Loved him at times but no....

Sorry, just realised this is JRod thread.  Back to Jrod - whatever he had to offer pre injury it's gone now.   He does work hard but that's I pretty much all he does offer at the moment and even when his grafting got him a chance he missed it.  Not quick enough on the ground, no real tricks, not competitive in the air and NOT an instinctive finisher.  He did start to develop some interplay with Gayle but looks  impotent on his own.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:23:49 PM by Oldbury24 »

Offline Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1206 on: November 05, 2018, 08:26:35 PM »
Wonder if Burnley would still pay million for Dawson ?

I'd say your not far off a realistic valuation.....might not be a formation suited to him but he has been poor at times.

Offline Mickyfudge

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #1207 on: November 05, 2018, 08:43:31 PM »
The thing is Gayle is obviously not rated a prem player by managers in the prem but you look at him and look at Rodriguez to me theirs no comparison

Offline jim68

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1208 on: November 05, 2018, 09:51:00 PM »
Yacob has played once for Forest so far this season.
and a pretty impressive debut by all accounts :-X

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1209 on: November 10, 2018, 08:18:13 PM »
Jay was outstanding tonight. Absolutely outstanding.

Offline Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1210 on: November 10, 2018, 08:36:13 PM »
Thought he was done. I was wrong.  Well done JRod.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1211 on: November 10, 2018, 08:54:19 PM »
Got to give if to him, he actually showed some desire today and deserved to get that goal that hit the crossbar. Dawson was also back to his normal consistent self today playing a game he can play.

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1212 on: November 10, 2018, 11:01:18 PM »
Superb

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1213 on: November 10, 2018, 11:29:02 PM »
Better from J Rod, much better. That's what I want to see. Another one with his best performance of the season to add to Dawson, Adarabioyo, Robson-Kanu, Morrison and arguably Phillips. You could argue Johnstone as well.  :-\

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1214 on: November 11, 2018, 05:32:10 PM »
Thought he put in a 5 star performance yesterday. The way he powered his way past Leeds players before setting up HRK's and Gayle's goals. And he was unlucky with that shot off the bar.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #1215 on: November 12, 2018, 08:32:42 AM »
Came close to edging Phillips and Adarabioyo for man of the match. Never stopped running and looked much happier as part of a more dynamic attack with other options around him. Set up atleast 2 goals through his powerful runs and looked more like the player we saw for a brief spell in the premier league last year.
Boing Boing

Offline geoff

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1216 on: November 12, 2018, 09:01:16 AM »
Came close to edging Phillips and Adarabioyo for man of the match. Never stopped running and looked much happier as part of a more dynamic attack with other options around him. Set up atleast 2 goals through his powerful runs and looked more like the player we saw for a brief spell in the premier league last year.

Phillips
I thought it was his powerful attacking moves that put us on the front foot helping to keep their forwards quite

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #1217 on: November 12, 2018, 09:06:07 AM »
Looked a lot happier playing in a side that attacked with pace and that had a number of players getting into forward positions, rather than him being isolated which has happened a little recently.

His work rate for me has never been in question but against Leeds he didn't have to go deep to get the ball and that was reflected in his performance.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1218 on: November 12, 2018, 09:12:01 AM »
Looked like his oldself, full of confidence going forward and was a menace all evening.

Offline tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #1219 on: November 24, 2018, 03:36:50 AM »
Just wanted to say congratulations to Jay Rodriguez on his 100th goal

Its a nice moment for him  :)

Nice goal to bring up the ton aswell
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1220 on: November 24, 2018, 07:16:32 AM »
Just wanted to say congratulations to Jay Rodriguez on his 100th goal

Its a nice moment for him  :)

Nice goal to bring up the ton aswell

Fairplay to him but he should be at least on 101 if not 102 (the other chance in first half wasn't as easy as the chance in the second)

Fortunately his poor finishing didn't cost us the points. I would have subbed him off for Gayle. Away from home Rodriguez doesn't offer as much as Gayle as he doesn't have the pace to threaten and isn't the greatest finisher
O Albion we love you

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1221 on: November 24, 2018, 07:44:10 AM »
Fairplay to him but he should be at least on 101 if not 102 (the other chance in first half wasn't as easy as the chance in the second)

Fortunately his poor finishing didn't cost us the points. I would have subbed him off for Gayle. Away from home Rodriguez doesn't offer as much as Gayle as he doesn't have the pace to threaten and isn't the greatest finisher

JRod plays the central striker role better than Gayle would in a 4-3-3. Gayle will have his part to play soon enough and IMO it's great to have someone like him on the bench, no opposition is going to want to see him coming on.

Offline lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1222 on: November 24, 2018, 09:07:15 AM »
The both of them have 9 goals to their name this season, both are doing decent! In the long run i can see Gayle in for HRK with Rodriguez going wide but at the moment HRK deserves his place in the 11.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1223 on: November 29, 2018, 01:09:56 AM »
Was missing again tonight. I really hope Burnley come back in for him.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1224 on: November 29, 2018, 04:48:27 AM »
Was missing again tonight. I really hope Burnley come back in for him.

Think at home it's not as bad as we have more of the ball but away from home we tend to carry him post games. He doesn't hold the ball as well as HRK and doesn't have gayles pace of finishing prowess. I would have made this change with about 30 mins left to keep it fresh and give us more threat on the break.

What I will say is that I guess it's only fair to keep the same team when they keep winning
O Albion we love you