West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: 69 semi final  (Read 869 times)

Offline throstle

• Youth Baggie
69 semi final
« on: October 31, 2015, 10:56:01 PM »
Some rare coverage of 69 semi final at

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/West-Brom-v-Leicester-City-classic-match-ray/story-28085426-detail/story.html?

Didn't realise that Clarke got injured scoring the winner - shades of Talbot in 78.

A huge crowd at Hillsborough - anyone know which set of fans were in the open end (see picture 6)?

Offline kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
Re: 69 semi final
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 11:21:55 AM »
I was there in 69 and stood in the open end ( The Kop is what that end was known has I think ) and although it was a long time ago I think the fans in that end were from both clubs.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

Offline Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 03:45:29 PM »
A long time ago now but I seem to remember that whilst you did have fans from both clubs in all parts of the ground. It was the same at Vile Park the year before where we had the majority of the Holte End and Blues had the majority of the Witton End. At Hillsborough I seem to remember us having most of the Kop and them the Lepping's Lane. I swear we had more fans than them in the ground though. Dark, dark day - we were so up for it!

Offline allenkevanastle

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »
Yes it was the open 'Spion Kop' end we Albion fans stood in, though many areas were mixed. Poor game on a dry bumpy pitch and the first of 4 disappointing semis I've been to. Thank goodness for 1968.

Offline BRIAN

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 07:18:05 PM »
I was on the Kop and gettting crushed so got off the terraces.Couldn't get back and when they scored I saw Blue & white scarves waving and thought it was us.Devastated.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 01:10:27 PM »
Yes we were in Kop,(the open end) and south stand
They were in North stand (Penistone road?) and Leppings Lane

Andy Bloody Lockhead hated him at the Vile, I had forgotten he was with Foxes too!
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !