West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 552082 times)

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4350 on: June 14, 2019, 03:04:00 PM »
If you think Berahino is the only player where something is kept quiet and out of the press then I would 100% say you are mistaken, sometimes its in the clubs interest to keep it quiet and other times it does the club a favour in getting rid of the player, again there is no comparison to this.

So if you knew about Malagas problems then you would know why Rondon and others left the club, nothing to do with jumping ship, the club could not afford to continue paying the wages they were paying, many players they had signed on big wages had to leave. I have no idea why he left Rubin Kazan but his club received more money than they paid for him yet when he then left Zenit to come here it was for less money as again his club had to sell which was highly publicised when he joined us.

Now instead of asking me if I believe a footballer can be a mercenary and the answer is yes, do I think Rondon is? no I don't, answer the question of why Rondon is a mercenary and what he has actually done wrong as we're still waiting?

You also made a comment about him not saying anything about us in the report you linked but as pointed out he did say a few thinks on Twitter -

Salomón Rondón

@salorondon23
The Baggies fans will forever be in my heart. They made me feel at home from day one & I'll be eternally grateful for how they supported my family and I. Playing at the Hawthorns and giving my all for @WBA has been one of the best experiences of my life. I wish you all the best.

I didn't say Berahino is the only player where the stuff hasn't come, out  I said the exact opposite, that there is a lot of stuff that doesn't come out if the club and the player/agent don't want it to come out, and that Rondon training on his own indicates to me that something did happen, whether you read about it on newsnow or not.

Furthermore, you stated that his contract may not have had a flex down clause because that was the only way to get him to sign. This article to suggests it did, and it appears JP didn't change his stance on those, but gave relegation release clauses instead from what happened with Evans and Chadli:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/01/25/west-brom-players-face-50-pay-cut-if-relegated/

You seem to think we wanted him out and he did us a favour by going, then why not Jrod too and the others who wanted out.

I don't believe it was because we badly wanted Gayle, just that he was available and we needed a replacement for Rondon as he wanted out, and from what was reported at the time we got him and a £2m loan fee in the swap for Rondon, it appeared a great deal, but then Dowling said we paid a loan fee for Gayle recently. So here the press got it wrong again, and we don't know what it really cost us to get Gayle as it was also reported he signed a new £55k a week at newcastle before agreeing to join us.

So depending on if we paid all of Gayle's wages or even a 2 thirds he would have cost us more in wages than Rondon after his £70k was halved.

Rondon had a release clause and no one matched it so his only other option to get his reported £70k was to go out on loan or take £35k with us and try and get us out the sh11 he helped put us in.

He chose the former.

So you think Anelka and Adebayor are mercenaries but Rondon isn't, I wager that is because you read about those in the press, but you haven't heard/read anything about Rondon, but like I said we don't know what goes on at the club, only what they and the club agent/player choose to release. I'd also argue like you state about Rondon's move from kazan to zenit that he went for a bigger fee, so did Anelka and Adebayor, in Anelka's if memory serves me right, when he went from a £500k Arsenal signing to Real Madrid it was a profit of about £25m or thereabouts, and also another massive profit when Adebayor went to Man City.

Like them he stays around for a couple of seasons and continues his nomadic, mercenary lifestyle.

For all we know he is just another Van Hooijdonk behind the scenes with an agent who doesn't use the press to instigate a move.

If it came out he was on strike or anything then we'd have a player with one year left on his contract and other clubs would know he wanted out badly and would offer stupidly low bids to try and get him as we'd be between a rock and a hard place.

Stupid bids which Newcastle have already tried by saying they would only loan us Murphy if we agreed to loan rondon to them next season knowing that he was on a free then.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4351 on: June 14, 2019, 04:14:16 PM »
West Ham have reportedly ended their interest in West Brom striker Salomon Rondon.

The striker is being heavily linked with moves away, as he has been since last summer, joining Newcastle on-loan for the entirety of last season.

Reports on the continent now claim that the Hammers are no longer interested in the striker, with Newcastle the favourites to sign him permanently.

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/2019/06/14/transfer-rumours-june-14/
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4352 on: June 14, 2019, 04:58:07 PM »
I didn't say Berahino is the only player where the stuff hasn't come, out  I said the exact opposite, that there is a lot of stuff that doesn't come out if the club and the player/agent don't want it to come out, and that Rondon training on his own indicates to me that something did happen, whether you read about it on newsnow or not.

Furthermore, you stated that his contract may not have had a flex down clause because that was the only way to get him to sign. This article to suggests it did, and it appears JP didn't change his stance on those, but gave relegation release clauses instead from what happened with Evans and Chadli:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/01/25/west-brom-players-face-50-pay-cut-if-relegated/

You seem to think we wanted him out and he did us a favour by going, then why not Jrod too and the others who wanted out.

I don't believe it was because we badly wanted Gayle, just that he was available and we needed a replacement for Rondon as he wanted out, and from what was reported at the time we got him and a £2m loan fee in the swap for Rondon, it appeared a great deal, but then Dowling said we paid a loan fee for Gayle recently. So here the press got it wrong again, and we don't know what it really cost us to get Gayle as it was also reported he signed a new £55k a week at newcastle before agreeing to join us.

So depending on if we paid all of Gayle's wages or even a 2 thirds he would have cost us more in wages than Rondon after his £70k was halved.

Rondon had a release clause and no one matched it so his only other option to get his reported £70k was to go out on loan or take £35k with us and try and get us out the sh11 he helped put us in.

He chose the former.

So you think Anelka and Adebayor are mercenaries but Rondon isn't, I wager that is because you read about those in the press, but you haven't heard/read anything about Rondon, but like I said we don't know what goes on at the club, only what they and the club agent/player choose to release. I'd also argue like you state about Rondon's move from kazan to zenit that he went for a bigger fee, so did Anelka and Adebayor, in Anelka's if memory serves me right, when he went from a £500k Arsenal signing to Real Madrid it was a profit of about £25m or thereabouts, and also another massive profit when Adebayor went to Man City.

Like them he stays around for a couple of seasons and continues his nomadic, mercenary lifestyle.

For all we know he is just another Van Hooijdonk behind the scenes with an agent who doesn't use the press to instigate a move.

If it came out he was on strike or anything then we'd have a player with one year left on his contract and other clubs would know he wanted out badly and would offer stupidly low bids to try and get him as we'd be between a rock and a hard place.

Stupid bids which Newcastle have already tried by saying they would only loan us Murphy if we agreed to loan rondon to them next season knowing that he was on a free then.

I was mentioning you banging on and comparing Berahino to Rondon, there is no comparision, one was a druggie and one was not. You keep going off on tangents to try to make some sort of justification about something and to be honest you're losing me as i'm losing the will to live.

Yes I did state he may not have had a flex down clause as I don't know but it does also state 4 players have release clauses, one of which may be Rondon but that release clause may also have a set price which was not met hence the club wanting him out as much as he wants to leave. Haven't mentioned Gayle at all so another tangent.

JRod wanted to leave but was happy to stay as the club had supported him throughout the Bong issues and stated he would not make a big deal of it hence we seem to have agreed to let him go at a reduced price this Summer, again no comparison.

Anelka and Adebayor are football mercenaries, no I don't rely on reading the press but thats for presuming. Not sure how you can again compare the career of Rondon to those 2 either, as for Van Hooijdonk his stories again were well publicised.

Did Rondon refuse to train or go on strike?

B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #4353 on: June 14, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »

He chose the former.

What a hill to die on...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4354 on: June 14, 2019, 05:23:17 PM »
I just hope someone comes in for him soon. This is getting too much.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4355 on: June 14, 2019, 05:43:29 PM »
I just hope someone comes in for him soon. This is getting too much.

Which one, Oldbury, Balis or Rondon?  ;D
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4356 on: June 14, 2019, 05:48:12 PM »
Which one, Oldbury, Balis or Rondon?  ;D

Sooner the better, i'm getting headache from banging it against the wall  :D

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4357 on: June 14, 2019, 06:02:28 PM »
I was mentioning you banging on and comparing Berahino to Rondon, there is no comparision, one was a druggie and one was not. You keep going off on tangents to try to make some sort of justification about something and to be honest you're losing me as i'm losing the will to live.

Yes I did state he may not have had a flex down clause as I don't know but it does also state 4 players have release clauses, one of which may be Rondon but that release clause may also have a set price which was not met hence the club wanting him out as much as he wants to leave. Haven't mentioned Gayle at all so another tangent.

JRod wanted to leave but was happy to stay as the club had supported him throughout the Bong issues and stated he would not make a big deal of it hence we seem to have agreed to let him go at a reduced price this Summer, again no comparison.

Anelka and Adebayor are football mercenaries, no I don't rely on reading the press but thats for presuming. Not sure how you can again compare the career of Rondon to those 2 either, as for Van Hooijdonk his stories again were well publicised.

Did Rondon refuse to train or go on strike?

There are no tangents, which appear to be trying to create.

For the umpteenth time I have not said there is any comparison between Berahino and his drug ban and rondon.

I said that EXAMPLE, shows any story can be suppressed if the desire is there, that is all.

Gayle, I mentioned to say that he had potentially cost us more in wages than rondon after his flex down.

So given that Adebayor and Anelka didn't go on strike, what is the difference between them and rondon's career trajectory?

He moves club every 2 years or so like them.

Regarding Jrod. I read the same newsnow pages as you, but if the club were desperate to get rondon's wages off the table why not jrod's too?

Maybe they wanted to keep both.

Again just because you didn't read about, doesn't mean it didn't happen, he was training on his own, and whatever he threatened or didn't threaten doesn't ALWAYS, come out in the press.

Furthermore, pay me £70k a week for 2 years and I will send anybody any message on Facebook, knowing that if I flop I can come back to at best £70k again or at worst £35k.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4358 on: June 14, 2019, 07:24:36 PM »
There are no tangents, which appear to be trying to create.

For the umpteenth time I have not said there is any comparison between Berahino and his drug ban and rondon.

I said that EXAMPLE, shows any story can be suppressed if the desire is there, that is all.

Gayle, I mentioned to say that he had potentially cost us more in wages than rondon after his flex down.

So given that Adebayor and Anelka didn't go on strike, what is the difference between them and rondon's career trajectory?

He moves club every 2 years or so like them.

Regarding Jrod. I read the same newsnow pages as you, but if the club were desperate to get rondon's wages off the table why not jrod's too?

Maybe they wanted to keep both.

Again just because you didn't read about, doesn't mean it didn't happen, he was training on his own, and whatever he threatened or didn't threaten doesn't ALWAYS, come out in the press.

Furthermore, pay me £70k a week for 2 years and I will send anybody any message on Facebook, knowing that if I flop I can come back to at best £70k again or at worst £35k.

I'm not going off on tangents, this is about Rondon not Berahino as you brought up with no comparison at all, Berahino's actions were kept quiet as they were drug issues, I would hazard a guess there will be other players around the world whos action are kept quiet for various reasons which is not easy to do these days.

If Dawson and Chadli refusing to do things are well known then why not about Rondon? It stated in the articles that talks began 2 months before the date of the article you linked (17th August) which takes it back to June that Newcastle were interested therefore it was in the clubs interest to keep him away from any danger of injury to get his wages off the bill, we do know from another article you linked 4 players had release clauses, only issue was it seems no one triggered any of those fees with the exception of Evans who's was stupidly low. If it had been triggered then I guess Rondon would be gone on a permanent deal as I would expect JRod but no-one met the trigger.

Maybe the club did want to keep both, who knows, maybe they were prepared to let one go and the interest in Rondon was more valuable than that of JRod.

Not interested in Gayle as this is about Rondon and your false claims about him jumping ship each time which he hasn't done. Again, he left Malaga when the club had issues after the owner stopped putting money in as again they needed to axe the big wage earners. He left Zenit to come here after clubs had to reduce the number of foreign players, again well publicised.

Adebayor was fined by Spurs for refusing to go on a tour , isn't that basically going on strike ? Anelka has had well publicised issues at times with clubs, not sure i've ever seen Rondon linked with the same issues.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4359 on: June 14, 2019, 08:35:08 PM »
I'm not going off on tangents, this is about Rondon not Berahino as you brought up with no comparison at all, Berahino's actions were kept quiet as they were drug issues, I would hazard a guess there will be other players around the world whos action are kept quiet for various reasons which is not easy to do these days.

If Dawson and Chadli refusing to do things are well known then why not about Rondon? It stated in the articles that talks began 2 months before the date of the article you linked (17th August) which takes it back to June that Newcastle were interested therefore it was in the clubs interest to keep him away from any danger of injury to get his wages off the bill, we do know from another article you linked 4 players had release clauses, only issue was it seems no one triggered any of those fees with the exception of Evans who's was stupidly low. If it had been triggered then I guess Rondon would be gone on a permanent deal as I would expect JRod but no-one met the trigger.

Maybe the club did want to keep both, who knows, maybe they were prepared to let one go and the interest in Rondon was more valuable than that of JRod.

Not interested in Gayle as this is about Rondon and your false claims about him jumping ship each time which he hasn't done. Again, he left Malaga when the club had issues after the owner stopped putting money in as again they needed to axe the big wage earners. He left Zenit to come here after clubs had to reduce the number of foreign players, again well publicised.

Adebayor was fined by Spurs for refusing to go on a tour , isn't that basically going on strike ? Anelka has had well publicised issues at times with clubs, not sure i've ever seen Rondon linked with the same issues.

Again, just because you have not heard about it, it does not mean he didn't force the issue.

You can defend him however much you want he is no different from the 2 players you named.

You keep on mentioning Malaga, but what about his other moves?

He moves whenever he is offered more elsewhere.

It's been mentioned by another poster he spat his dummy out when his China move was thwarted by TP,  so just because you didn't read about what happened for him to get  his move doesn't mean nothing went on.

There is no distinction between the 2 you class as mercenaries and Rondon other than he couldn't lace either boot when it came to being goalscorer.

I read that article last, and I felt he was ungrateful and a mercenary and he also that the clue he was training on his own suggested something went on.

But, here you have him training on his own.

He could have done fitness training with rest and not take part in any contact later into their preparations.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4360 on: June 14, 2019, 08:44:23 PM »
Again, just because you have not heard about it, it does not mean he didn't force the issue.

You can defend him however much you want he is no different from the 2 players you named.

You keep on mentioning Malaga, but what about his other moves?

He moves whenever he is offered more elsewhere.

It's been mentioned by another poster he spat his dummy out when his China move was thwarted by TP,  so just because you didn't read about what happened for him to get  his move doesn't mean nothing went on.

There is no distinction between the 2 you class as mercenaries and Rondon other than he couldn't lace either boot when it came to being goalscorer.

I read that article last, and I felt he was ungrateful and a mercenary and he also that the clue he was training on his own suggested something went on.

But, here you have him training on his own.

He could have done fitness training with rest and not take part in any contact later into their preparations.

His other moves, firstly he like 99% of South America players moved to Europe so I guess in your mind they are all mercenaries, he moved from Las Palmas to Malaga which I guess was a step up so must be a mercenary. He left Malaga as explained to join Rubin, he left those I have no idea why possibly step up as Zenit are a big club, he left them as stated as they had to reduce the number of foreign players.

He moves whenever he is offered more money ? well he's not going to agree to less is he? name a player that would?

Yep, he probably was upset when he couldn't move to China, didn't down tools though and was in the team all the way through it.

Again, if he had refused to train we would know, not much is kept quiet these days hence we know about Foster and Robinson saying one thing in the press and other things away from the press.

He obviously wasn't training on his own the whole while if he took part in a couple of friendlies.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 08:46:46 PM by OldburyWBA »

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4361 on: June 14, 2019, 09:08:18 PM »
His other moves, firstly he like 99% of South America players moved to Europe so I guess in your mind they are all mercenaries, he moved from Las Palmas to Malaga which I guess was a step up so must be a mercenary. He left Malaga as explained to join Rubin, he left those I have no idea why possibly step up as Zenit are a big club, he left them as stated as they had to reduce the number of foreign players.

He moves whenever he is offered more money ? well he's not going to agree to less is he? name a player that would?

Yep, he probably was upset when he couldn't move to China, didn't down tools though and was in the team all the way through it.

Again, if he had refused to train we would know, not much is kept quiet these days hence we know about Foster and Robinson saying one thing in the press and other things away from the press.

He obviously wasn't training on his own the whole while if he took part in a couple of friendlies.

So what is the difference between the two you mention and Rondon,  other than what you read about the other 2 much more high profile players?

You keep believing what you want about him, and I will continue thinking of him as a mercenary who moves for a better offer at the drop of a hat, even after others stay to try to rectify the situation they crested.

Offline vrabbit

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4362 on: June 14, 2019, 09:08:36 PM »
I am impressed that this back and forth has gone on for so long. If at least it were only entertaining.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4363 on: June 14, 2019, 09:12:46 PM »
I am impressed that this back and forth has gone on for so long. If at least it were only entertaining.

Welcome to my world, I am ready to give up, not because he has changed my mind or anything as he hasn't but purely because I am repeating myself over and over.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:16:54 PM by OldburyWBA »

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4364 on: June 14, 2019, 09:16:05 PM »
So what is the difference between the two you mention and Rondon,  other than what you read about the other 2 much more high profile players?

You keep believing what you want about him, and I will continue thinking of him as a mercenary who moves for a better offer at the drop of a hat, even after others stay to try to rectify the situation they crested.

We need new smileys on here.

I have stated more than once why he left Malaga for example and Zenit but you seem to be ignoring it. I also admire you if you are prepared to move to a new employer for less money.

Adebayor received a fine of I think it was £300k for refusing to go on a tour. Anelka had well publicised fall outs with more than one club but I guess its all hearsay.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4365 on: June 14, 2019, 09:40:26 PM »
We need new smileys on here.

I have stated more than once why he left Malaga for example and Zenit but you seem to be ignoring it. I also admire you if you are prepared to move to a new employer for less money.

Adebayor received a fine of I think it was £300k for refusing to go on a tour. Anelka had well publicised fall outs with more than one club but I guess its all hearsay.

I have not ignored that malaga and zenit stuff at all. I have asked you about his other moves.

Plus, you agree about above he would move to Bournemouth, so the bigger club argument fails there.

When you read stuff in the papers, do you think you get the whole story about Adeboyor or Anelka?

I would say clubs, will release what they want to alienate a player from the fans and lessen the fans anger when they leave and players and their agents will release what they want to further their cause, like the release of the £3.5m Evans clause when he was try to get away in the winter window.

It is clear you see him as someone who has a short Career who should move on to better himself, that is your choice.

My opinion of him is different to yours.

You continue to lionise because he said thanks on Facebook or whatever and I continue to think of him as a mercenary who jumped ship ASAP to maintain his salary, rather than help us get back up.

Offline Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4366 on: June 14, 2019, 09:53:32 PM »
Just wonder if someone like Aaron Ramsey is considered a mercenary? Wasn't offered the money he wanted, leaves club on a free to earn £400k a week at a better club. All the while he would quite happily have stayed at previous club for less money.

On one hand you could argue he's a mercenary, on one hand you could argue Arsenal stupid for not giving him £400k a week themselves, on another hand you can applaud for sticking to their principals.

What you can most certainly say is that Aaron Ramsey would have stayed at Arsenal for a lot less money than he is earning at Juventus. So the whole 'No footballer would turn down more money' argument goes out of the window right there.

There are plenty of mercenaries in football, it's a shame that people think Rondon is one of them based on fabrication.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4367 on: June 14, 2019, 10:04:09 PM »
I have not ignored that malaga and zenit stuff at all. I have asked you about his other moves.

Plus, you agree about above he would move to Bournemouth, so the bigger club argument fails there.

When you read stuff in the papers, do you think you get the whole story about Adeboyor or Anelka?

I would say clubs, will release what they want to alienate a player from the fans and lessen the fans anger when they leave and players and their agents will release what they want to further their cause, like the release of the £3.5m Evans clause when he was try to get away in the winter window.

It is clear you see him as someone who has a short Career who should move on to better himself, that is your choice.

My opinion of him is different to yours.

You continue to lionise because he said thanks on Facebook or whatever and I continue to think of him as a mercenary who jumped ship ASAP to maintain his salary, rather than help us get back up.

I think I have answered everything more than once over and over, somewhere its not sinking in with you though.

No I don't believe everything I read in the papers.

Also the reason I posted the twitter comment was due to you stating he had not mentioned anything about the club or us and then you failing to acknowledge that a Newcastle based paper is only interested in Newcastle related stuff. I do not "lionise" any footballer and have not done since I was a kid which unfortunately was too many years ago.

Offline liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4368 on: June 14, 2019, 11:50:33 PM »
What's wrong with wanting to earn more money?
How many of us would change companies if offered thousands per week more for basically doing the same job and travelling the world as well.
Loyalty is for the very few.

Offline caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4369 on: June 15, 2019, 12:38:06 AM »
What's wrong with wanting to earn more money?
How many of us would change companies if offered thousands per week more for basically doing the same job and travelling the world as well.
Loyalty is for the very few.
Nothing really but we should remember that a lot of good people around the world do charitable work without any financial gain to themselves. I don't think Rondons a mercenary he's getting what he can while he can, any sportsman could pick up a career ending injury anytime.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4370 on: June 15, 2019, 02:15:57 PM »
I think I have answered everything more than once over and over, somewhere its not sinking in with you though.

No I don't believe everything I read in the papers.

Also the reason I posted the twitter comment was due to you stating he had not mentioned anything about the club or us and then you failing to acknowledge that a Newcastle based paper is only interested in Newcastle related stuff. I do not "lionise" any footballer and have not done since I was a kid which unfortunately was too many years ago.

What's not sinking in, that I don't agree with you?

You started off, by saying he went to Newcastle a bigger club, I countered with he would have gone to Bournemouth if his wage went up, you agreed. So the bigger club argument goes out the window and you are left with he will move to the richer club who will pay his wage demands.

If a Newcastle paper only wrote stuff to do with them then why mention he was training on his own whilst at West brom?

Why would they select that bit only about us and miss out a thank you to us in the very unlikely event he said it to them, if he said it, that made him sound a grateful, good, humble person that would endear him to the Newcastle fans even more.

He thanked us for bringing him to the Premier league, you you posted.

Could it be he didn't give a flying f after he was there and back up to £70k?

Short career agreed, but it's not a career that should incapacitate him from having another career like Stuart Ripley (ex Blackburn) becoming a solicitor or John Wile becoming a car salesman or Ally Brown running the supporters club bar, etc, etc. After his football career he will be 35 and not even be middle aged so the world is his oyster.

I don't have a problem with him earning what he does for how long he does, but I as an Albion fan I expected him to be loyal and help get us back up after he helped take us down and one season on £35k a week was not going to starve him and his family for generations to come.

He is no different to the 2 players you have mentioned (BTW can you please provide a link to Adebayor going on strike at Spurs).

Either all 3 are mercanary carlos kickaballs or none of them are.

Just because you didn't read about a transfer request or this or that, doesn't mean he did instigate the move, and again I infer from his training alone he instigated it.

You obviously agree that there are mercanary footballers, but you don't include rondon in your list.

I do.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #4371 on: June 15, 2019, 02:26:17 PM »

You started off, by saying he went to Newcastle a bigger club, I countered with he would have gone to Bournemouth if his wage went up, you agreed. So the bigger club argument goes out the window and you are left with he will move to the richer club who will pay his wage demands.

If a Newcastle paper only wrote stuff to do with them then why mention he was training on his own whilst at West brom?

Why would they select that bit only about us and miss out a thank you to us in the very unlikely event he said it to them, if he said it, that made him sound a grateful, good, humble person that would endear him to the Newcastle fans even more.

Short career agreed, but it's not a career that should incapacitate him from having another career like Stuart Ripley (ex Blackburn) becoming a solicitor or John Wile becoming a car salesman or Ally Brown running the supporters club bar, etc, etc. After his football career he will be 35 and not even be middle aged so the world is his oyster.

I don't have a problem with him earning what he does for how long he does, but I as an Albion fan I expected him to be loyal and help get us back up after he helped take us down and one season on £35k a week was not going to starve him and his family for generations to come.

He is no different to the 2 players you have mentioned (BTW can you please provide a link to Adebayor going on strike at Spurs).

Just because you didn't read about a transfer request or this or that, doesn't mean he did instigate the move, and again I infer from his training alone he instigated it.

You obviously agree that there are mercanary footballers, but you don't include rondon in your list.

I do.

Rondon didn't have a flex down so he'd have been on £70k a week irrespective. This is where your argument falls apart.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4372 on: June 15, 2019, 02:43:27 PM »
I'm not sure this thread is going anywhere right now, let's just sell him and spend the money on 2 or 3 prospects.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4373 on: June 15, 2019, 03:27:03 PM »

I do.

Its not sinking in when you are being given valid reasons why he left both Malaga and Zenit, to you in those cases he is just a mercenary without you looking at the situations at those times, you are blinkered in your view on Rondon for some reason I am wondering if its a personal thing against him.

Yep, he would have gone to Bournemouth as they are a Premier League club, we are not, our club needed his wages off the bill and if Bourmemouth were the only club to come in for him then yep he'd be gone in a deal that suits us and him. If it didn't suit us he wouldn't be allowed to go as is the case with others who are still here and the fact Rondon only went on loan as non-one triggered the fea.

Again a Newcastle paper will print only what is relevant to them, they do not care if he wants to say goodbye to us, its of no interest to them at all whereas him training on a programme given to him by the club will be of interest.

Links can be found through the internet regarding other players, they were used as an example so I am sure you will; be able to find them.

Did you give this much stick to Foster or is it just Rondon  and who is Carlos Kickaballs ?

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4374 on: June 15, 2019, 03:55:28 PM »
Its not sinking in when you are being given valid reasons why he left both Malaga and Zenit, to you in those cases he is just a mercenary without you looking at the situations at those times, you are blinkered in your view on Rondon for some reason I am wondering if its a personal thing against him.

Yep, he would have gone to Bournemouth as they are a Premier League club, we are not, our club needed his wages off the bill and if Bourmemouth were the only club to come in for him then yep he'd be gone in a deal that suits us and him. If it didn't suit us he wouldn't be allowed to go as is the case with others who are still here and the fact Rondon only went on loan as non-one triggered the fea.

Again a Newcastle paper will print only what is relevant to them, they do not care if he wants to say goodbye to us, its of no interest to them at all whereas him training on a programme given to him by the club will be of interest.

Links can be found through the internet regarding other players, they were used as an example so I am sure you will; be able to find them.

Did you give this much stick to Foster or is it just Rondon  and who is Carlos Kickaballs ?

Nothing personal against Rondon, I just see him in the same light you see Anelka and Adebayor (I couldn't find a link re his strike and that is why I asked you for your link of it please?).

You have have explained 2 of his moves, not the rest.

I then asked you about his others where you haven't explained his mercenary actions. You said he moved from kazan to zenit because they were bigger, but you accept he would move to Bournemouth too, so moving to the bigger club argument has little weight, don't you agree?

Why is he any different to the other two you mentioned other than that you have read about their more high profile bigger club players more?

They want higher wages, so does he, so please explain the difference between Anelka and Adebayor and Rondon.

Carlos Kickaball was name coined by Alan Sugar for mercanary players a few years ago.