West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Salomon Rondon  (Read 541360 times)

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4250 on: June 10, 2019, 10:00:07 PM »
..........and there are 6 South American sides in the top 20, and Venezuela aren't one of them. If you want to make an argument against Rondon, at least get your facts straight.

I’ve just said rightly or wrongly I think international football is a low standard so yes that still includes top 20 sides.  Argentina were shocking in the World Cup 12 months ago.  Croatia were effectively 2nd and they were no more than decent.

Rondon is not Champions League quality.  Maybe 5 years ago when he was in a decent Malaga team.  I repeat no pace, no skill to go round defenders.  He is an average Premier League player. 

We need to find players of the ilk of Koumas, Koren, Gera, Texeira.  Players that make things happen.

Offline Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4251 on: June 10, 2019, 10:04:53 PM »
I’ve just said rightly or wrongly I think international football is a low standard so yes that still includes top 20 sides.  Argentina were shocking in the World Cup 12 months ago.  Croatia were effectively 2nd and they were no more than decent.

Rondon is not Champions League quality.  Maybe 5 years ago when he was in a decent Malaga team.  I repeat no pace, no skill to go round defenders.  He is an average Premier League player. 

We need to find players of the ilk of Koumas, Koren, Gera, Texeira.  Players that make things happen.

His skillset is not about beating players though. It's all about his ability to bring others into it.

Offline iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4252 on: June 10, 2019, 10:26:35 PM »
Struggle to take anyone seriously who doesn't think Rondon is a good player.
Well actually there are several posters on here who do not share your opinion. When playing for us, I said that he "could not hit a cows arse with a banjo". People blamed Pullis and our sterile play, but I would also say that there were many times when he did definitely not give his all, and people said it was due to his concerns about problems in Venezuela, lack of chances provided etc,etc.
He has played better for Newcastle, does not want to play for us, so could not care less where he goes. At £16.5m we are getting a good deal.
Your throw away comments are insulting Jacko, especially when you value a very poor player like Brunt so highly.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:30:05 PM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4253 on: June 10, 2019, 10:49:14 PM »

Correct.

France are world champions. They may be just about top six quality in the Premier League (one to eleven) and would not get to the semi finals of a Champions League. Croatia would be in a relegation battle over a 38 game season.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4254 on: June 10, 2019, 11:04:14 PM »

Correct.

France are world champions. They may be just about top six quality in the Premier League (one to eleven) and would not get to the semi finals of a Champions League. Croatia would be in a relegation battle over a 38 game season.
France would be top 3
Even then it doesn’t make an argument about the state of international football, nor that Rondon isn’t a better footballer than mitrovic?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4255 on: June 10, 2019, 11:32:15 PM »
There's 1 good team in the South American qualifying and that's Brazil.  If you can't see that the Champions League is a better standard than internationals then I worry for you.  Fact is Mitrovic scored more last season.  USA are trash as a football team. Rondon is average and £16m is a good cadh haul for a 30 year old whos on his way down.
mitrovic scored the same amount of premier league goals last season as rondon in 5 more games.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4256 on: June 11, 2019, 06:32:44 AM »
mitrovic scored the same amount of premier league goals last season as rondon in 5 more games.

And in an inferior team that went down in 19th.

I can’t believe there are fans that are unhappy to receive £16.5m for a 30 year old.

I hope Dawson goes ASAP and we receive £10m+ for him.  Let’s give our Irish kid a go in his place. 

Ultimately we need a young dynamic team.  Kyle Edwards has shown he’s good enough.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #4257 on: June 11, 2019, 06:40:45 AM »
Regardless of what he's done or how he's played for us in the past, it's all water under the bridge.
It's gone. It doesn't matter.
He doesn't want to be here so we should be out to get the maximum amount of wonga we can for him.
Thanks Sal.
Kerchinggg
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4258 on: June 11, 2019, 08:59:54 AM »
Regardless of what he's done or how he's played for us in the past, it's all water under the bridge.
It's gone. It doesn't matter.
He doesn't want to be here so we should be out to get the maximum amount of wonga we can for him.
Thanks Sal.
Kerchinggg

couldn't agree more.

Rondon should have scored more for us with the chances he got but he didn't, his conversion rate was below average I seem to recall for Premier league strikers...wasn't it something like 1 in 11?
He struggled in an ultra defensive Pulis team where he was often isolated and the midfield were so far far behind him that even when he held the ball up he had virtually no support.

He scored  and assisted more in a slightly more attacking Newcastle side as a number of players got forward to support him.

I would like us to be in the market for a big target man that can hold the ball up well and also score a few as well as a Gayle type striker as I think we need that kind of diversity in the squad.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4259 on: June 11, 2019, 09:02:24 AM »
I wish him well.

He gave his all for us when he was here, his conversion rate isn't the best but the effort and commitment he gives the team will always ensure he's a fans favourite.

I don't think the move to Wolves will be good for him, he will be rotated a lot with Jimenez and he won't get the luxury of any mistakes as he's coming from us.

Never the less, I thank him for his efforts, it couldn't have been easy playing in a Pulis team.

All the best Sal.

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4260 on: June 11, 2019, 12:48:07 PM »

Correct.

Are you fishing, or is that a genuine response? I'm genuinely asking, because I don't think anybody could look at that France team and seriously think that.

Anybody who thinks the likes of Argentina or Uruguay are crap really need to watch more (non-English) football.

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #4261 on: June 11, 2019, 01:05:49 PM »
Just heard a rumour that him moving to Wolves is a done deal, they're just waiting to announce it.

I'd do any kind of deal which included someone like Costa or Cavalerio coming the other way.

Read a report online which seemed to suggest Wolves were happy to move those two on.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4262 on: June 11, 2019, 01:59:19 PM »
And in an inferior team that went down in 19th.

I can’t believe there are fans that are unhappy to receive £16.5m for a 30 year old.

I hope Dawson goes ASAP and we receive £10m+ for him.  Let’s give our Irish kid a go in his place. 

Ultimately we need a young dynamic team.  Kyle Edwards has shown he’s good enough.
you’re spouting out points with no substance, that Fulham team cost a fortune to build, mitrovic played 5 more games, had 42 more attempts on goal, yet scored the same amount of goals as Rondon, one of which was a penalty too, so far you’ve said south America is full of poor national team, mitrovic was a better player and the Fulham team was inferior to Newcastle despite having superior players in it, all your points have been disapproved by actual facts and stats, if you don’t like rondon fair enough, if you’re going to argue it at least use facts instead plucking random stuff out the sky.
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4263 on: June 11, 2019, 06:37:08 PM »
you’re spouting out points with no substance, that Fulham team cost a fortune to build, mitrovic played 5 more games, had 42 more attempts on goal, yet scored the same amount of goals as Rondon, one of which was a penalty too, so far you’ve said south America is full of poor national team, mitrovic was a better player and the Fulham team was inferior to Newcastle despite having superior players in it, all your points have been disapproved by actual facts and stats, if you don’t like rondon fair enough, if you’re going to argue it at least use facts instead plucking random stuff out the sky.

I couldn’t care about Rondon.  Facts are he wants to leave so take the £16m whether that’s to Molineux or anywhere else.

In essence you pull apart other people’s posts/opinions whilst not having the confidence, courage or conviction to regularly convey your own thoughts.  The forum is about opinions.  Are you an encyclopaedia on  football matters?

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4264 on: June 11, 2019, 07:49:41 PM »
I couldn’t care about Rondon.  Facts are he wants to leave so take the £16m whether that’s to Molineux or anywhere else.

In essence you pull apart other people’s posts/opinions whilst not having the confidence, courage or conviction to regularly convey your own thoughts.  The forum is about opinions.  Are you an encyclopaedia on  football matters?
you’ve come on here and put an argument forward that has been disproved by fact and now you throw your toys out the pram like a child because people have shown what you said had no substance to it. Perhaps making your opinion public isn’t wise if you aren’t comfortable with people responding to it after all that’s the point of a forum, to discuss peoples opinions. I totally apologise to you for not being a regular poster, that is terrible of me, I will definitely be taking you’re feedback on board and make more effort to meet my post quota 🙄. Perhaps go through my posts and you’ll see I’m more than happy to give an opinion.

An encyclopaedia may be beneficial for you to fact check your statements if your going to whinge about people correcting them.
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4265 on: June 11, 2019, 09:29:21 PM »
you’ve come on here and put an argument forward that has been disproved by fact and now you throw your toys out the pram like a child because people have shown what you said had no substance to it. Perhaps making your opinion public isn’t wise if you aren’t comfortable with people responding to it after all that’s the point of a forum, to discuss peoples opinions. I totally apologise to you for not being a regular poster, that is terrible of me, I will definitely be taking you’re feedback on board and make more effort to meet my post quota 🙄. Perhaps go through my posts and you’ll see I’m more than happy to give an opinion.

An encyclopaedia may be beneficial for you to fact check your statements if your going to whinge about people correcting them.

Dear me.  None of what I’ve said Is wildly off the mark.  Other people have qualified some of the things I said. 

You still haven’t come forward with an opinion and it is mildly irritating to see others try to correct peoples statements. 

If gutted about Rondon I’ll respect that point of view.

Nobody has yet voucher for the quality of USA v Venezuela and international football at large.

Post edited again due to people not knowing how to quote

Is it so hard for people to quote properly ? Click QUOTE and post after the last word that says quote. Any more and posts will just be removed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:42:53 PM by OldburyWBA »

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4266 on: June 11, 2019, 09:58:35 PM »
Rondon is a cart horse, anybody who game is based on trying to please the fans by the what should be a given namely, working hard is a joke.

The fact he is such a terrible penalty taker says it all about him imo.

Get him out ASAP, and hopefully the td can show us the confidence he says we should have when getting rid of such players.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:19:00 PM by BalisPen »

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4267 on: June 11, 2019, 10:02:07 PM »
Dear me.  None of what I’ve said Is wildly off the mark.  Other people have qualified some of the things I said. 

You still haven’t come forward with an opinion and it is mildly irritating to see others try to correct peoples statements. 

If gutted about Rondon I’ll respect that point of view.

Nobody has yet voucher for the quality of USA v Venezuela and international football at large.

Post edited again due to people not knowing how to quote

Is it so hard for people to quote properly ? Click QUOTE and post after the last word that says quote. Any more and posts will just be removed.
I don’t feel the need to keep repeating opinions, I’ve said previously that rondon offers more to a team than he’s given credit for and there’s a reason managers and team mates rate him so highly, if your that eager for an opinion read through my posts.

If using a statement to support an opinion it should at least be factual. As for the quality in the USA game, yes it’s poor but that doesn’t quantify that every other international games he’s played in has been of low quality.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:05:44 PM by NathWBA »
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4268 on: June 11, 2019, 10:15:09 PM »
I don’t feel the need to keep repeating opinions, I’ve said previously that rondon offers more to a team than he’s given credit for and there’s a reason managers and team mates rate him so highly, if your that eager for an opinion read through my posts.

If using a statement to support an opinion it should at least be factual. As for the quality in the USA game, yes it’s poor but that doesn’t quantify that every other international games he’s played in has been of low quality.

No I don’t have to be factual.  Other people aren’t factual.  BalisPen has been scathing of Rondon without being factual and that’s fine.  I wait for you to criticise him......

This comparison of Rondon / Mitrovic was based on last season not others.  Who cares what the minute per goal ratio was.  There are so many grey areas when trying to conduct this analysis.

Not long to go before everyone can move on from Rondon in an Albion shirt.

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4269 on: June 11, 2019, 10:55:40 PM »
No I don’t have to be factual.  Other people aren’t factual.  BalisPen has been scathing of Rondon without being factual and that’s fine.  I wait for you to criticise him......

This comparison of Rondon / Mitrovic was based on last season not others.  Who cares what the minute per goal ratio was.  There are so many grey areas when trying to conduct this analysis.

Not long to go before everyone can move on from Rondon in an Albion shirt.
If it’s not factual don’t whine if people question its credibility then.
my response was based on their stats from last season, rondon scored the same goals in less games and shots. So on last seasons showing rondon was better than mitrovic, rondon also got 7 assists to mitrovic’s 3, again rondon offers more than he’s given credit for. His games is more than goal scoring, what he does brings others into play and creates chances for others.

My debate was with yourself as your comment was the one I replied to, and it is you I was conversing with,  balispen commented after I had replied to you, I’m not going to debate with every single poster with a different opinion.
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4270 on: June 12, 2019, 12:05:42 AM »
I’ll be glad when he’s gone. If only to stop the bickering.  ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4271 on: June 12, 2019, 06:42:32 AM »
q
If it’s not factual don’t whine if people question its credibility then.
my response was based on their stats from last season, rondon scored the same goals in less games and shots. So on last seasons showing rondon was better than mitrovic, rondon also got 7 assists to mitrovic’s 3, again rondon offers more than he’s given credit for. His games is more than goal scoring, what he does brings others into play and creates chances for others.

My debate was with yourself as your comment was the one I replied to, and it is you I was conversing with,  balispen commented after I had replied to you, I’m not going to debate with every single poster with a different opinion.

My points are that others have posted far more disparaging stuff about Rondon which you’ve chosen to ignore.  I tried to qualify what I’ve said by going deeper into the argument, others don’t even do that.  Your approach is inconsistent. 

Offline DaveWBA

• WBA Coach
« Reply #4272 on: June 12, 2019, 06:47:08 AM »
Rondon is a cart horse, anybody who game is based on trying to please the fans by the what should be a given namely, working hard is a joke.

The fact he is such a terrible penalty taker says it all about him imo.

Get him out ASAP, and hopefully the td can show us the confidence he says we should have when getting rid of such players.

I've seen some rubbish takes on here but this could well be the worst. Cart horse, oh dear.

Offline VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4273 on: June 12, 2019, 08:27:24 AM »
I agree with the sentiments that if you don't rate Robson, you haven't got a clue, so pointless debating it with you. Robson is the best striker we have had in years, he just happened to play in an ultra defensive team for the most part.

Offline BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4274 on: June 12, 2019, 09:04:31 AM »
If Bilic does become the next manager I have a feeling he will look to keep Rondon, I believe he plays a 4-2-3-1 formation. Rondon would be perfect in that formation.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA