West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Salomon Rondon (on loan swap at Newcastle)  (Read 475790 times)

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
Re: Salomon Rondon (on loan swap at Newcastle)
« Reply #3400 on: February 12, 2019, 09:43:52 AM »
Didn't see all of it but a fair chunk. His general play was decent, holding it up, linking up etc. No goal though. Had 1 chance where I thought he should have buried it but no joy.

Cheers Gazberg.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3401 on: February 12, 2019, 12:48:40 PM »
Last night proved what we know only too well: Works hard, hold ball up well but cannot finish. Leave him where he is and get Gayle deal sorted!

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3402 on: February 12, 2019, 12:54:13 PM »
Straight swap for Gayle seems reasonable.

Sorry, but no. Gayle always struggles for goals when he plays in the Premier League, he's essentially a modern Robert Earnshaw. He doesn't contribute enough to the team overall, and at that level you can't carry players, which is why he often gets used as an impact sub. Plus his injury record isn't great, and he's a player who relies on pace and movement coming into the period of his career where he is going to start losing those attributes.

If we stay down I'd make it permanent, if we go up I'd look to get somebody else.

Offline brummyroader

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3403 on: February 12, 2019, 12:55:45 PM »
Love Rondon and Gayle for different reasons, but in reality there is a reason why one is in the Premier League and one isn't.

Offline gazberg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3404 on: February 12, 2019, 02:38:28 PM »
IF we get back up i'd like us to have Rondon, J-ROd and Gayle as it gives a lot of options all different types of striker but can't see it myself.

Offline vrabbit

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3405 on: February 12, 2019, 05:14:16 PM »
FWIW, NUFC fans are in love with Rondon and consider signing him permanently a top priority.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3406 on: February 12, 2019, 06:09:24 PM »
'Better than Mitrovic' What Newcastle United fans really think of Salomon Rondon

I ain't so sure, I think they are on a par personally

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/better-mitrovic-what-newcastle-united-15820746
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Tolerance, Understanding, Acceptance, Patience

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3407 on: February 12, 2019, 06:15:52 PM »
FWIW, NUFC fans are in love with Rondon and consider signing him permanently a top priority.

Aside from the delusion that they're a big club they're knowledgeable fans, they certainly know a number 9 when they see one.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3408 on: February 12, 2019, 06:30:58 PM »
Just do not accept that Gayle can’t score goals in the premier league. Goals are the same size last time I looked. Use him correctly and he will get goals.

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3409 on: February 12, 2019, 06:41:04 PM »
Just do not accept that Gayle can’t score goals in the premier league. Goals are the same size last time I looked. Use him correctly and he will get goals.
defenders are much MUCH better though. Positioning isn’t enough and he’s not strong, fast or skilful enough to consistently beat PL standard defenders.

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3410 on: February 12, 2019, 06:49:45 PM »
We shall agree to disagree. Not fast enough??

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #3411 on: February 12, 2019, 06:57:15 PM »
Rondon is worth more than Gayle, not even worth discussion.
Notes from a small island!

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3412 on: February 24, 2019, 09:20:29 AM »
NEWCASTLE have agreed a £51m deal to sign Brazilian striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim, according to reports.

If that happens, will Sol be on his way back to us I hope and wonder?

The source for this one is not the most reliable though!

Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/761572/Newcastle-news-Joelinton-transfer-record-Almiron?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Tolerance, Understanding, Acceptance, Patience

Online overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3413 on: February 24, 2019, 09:34:23 AM »
NEWCASTLE have agreed a £51m deal to sign Brazilian striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim, according to reports.

If that happens, will Sol be on his way back to us I hope and wonder?

The source for this one is not the most reliable though!

Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/761572/Newcastle-news-Joelinton-transfer-record-Almiron?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Sol won’t be with us next year, I suspect even if we go up. Everton very keen on him, as are Cardiff (if they stay up).

Offline Andio

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3414 on: March 06, 2019, 11:54:01 PM »
Interesting....

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/03/06/salomon-rondons-165m-release-clause-returns-if-west-brom-fail-to-go-up/

Salomon Rondon will be allowed to leave this summer for £16.5million if the Baggies don’t go up – but will cost considerably more if promotion is achieved.

The Baggies striker, who is currently on loan at Newcastle United for the season, has the same release clause in his contract this summer as he did following relegation.

He has made it clear he would like to stay in the North East, where he says he feels settled, but any club will be able to trigger the release clause if they want to.

Rondon has a separate release clause in his contract if Albion do go up, believed to be north of £20m.

The Venezuelan striker, who cost Albion £12m in the summer of 2015, had a £16.5m release clause last summer which wasn’t triggered.

Newcastle wanted to sign him, but only on loan, and they agreed to send Dwight Gayle the other way to facilitate the deal.

The release clause means Albion are vulnerable to losing Rondon without getting a deal for Gayle in return.

But receiving £16.5m for a striker who turns 30 in September with a year left on his contract would represent healthy business for the Baggies.

Newcastle will be in pole position to sign Rondon in the summer, but under Mike Ashley, they have rarely signed players over the age of 29.

There is also uncertainty clouding Rafa Benitez’s future in the North East, and it was Benitez who pushed to sign Rondon.

Albion’s automatic promotion hopes have taken a dent recently, and they now sit seven points behind the top two.

But Darren Moore defended the character of his players after back-to-back defeats left them with a mountain to climb.

“I don’t think you can criticise the player’s characters, that’s one thing I’ll never do with them,” he said. “There’s some wonderful characters in there.

“You’ve got to remember over 34 games in the season, those characters haven’t been called into question.

“The most important thing is what we do going forward.”

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3415 on: March 07, 2019, 09:34:50 AM »
IF we go up, we would have a big decision on our hands with him.

He's come out and said he and his family are settled up north, do we look to sell him or would we keep him knowing he only has a year left on his contract and chances are wouldn't sign a new deal.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3416 on: March 07, 2019, 09:38:10 AM »
IF we go up, we would have a big decision on our hands with him.

He's come out and said he and his family are settled up north, do we look to sell him or would we keep him knowing he only has a year left on his contract and chances are wouldn't sign a new deal.

I think we obviously have a decision either way.
For me it's not complicated, he's intimated on more than one occasion he see's his future away from us.
That being the case just maximise the incoming fee that we can get for him, whether we sell him to the Toon or anywhere else he fancies.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #3417 on: March 08, 2019, 07:52:51 AM »
I think we obviously have a decision either way.
For me it's not complicated, he's intimated on more than one occasion he see's his future away from us.
That being the case just maximise the incoming fee that we can get for him, whether we sell him to the Toon or anywhere else he fancies.

with you on that one.
 Sell him and if we do go up see if we can get Mitrovich from Fulham as well as getting Gayle. If we don't go up see if Newcastle will do a deal with Murphy and Gayle staying.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3418 on: March 08, 2019, 08:26:56 AM »
with you on that one.
 Sell him and if we do go up see if we can get Mitrovich from Fulham as well as getting Gayle. If we don't go up see if Newcastle will do a deal with Murphy and Gayle staying.
That would be a good front line.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3419 on: March 08, 2019, 08:46:37 AM »
That would be a good front line.

and where's HRK fit in to that line up?  :o
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3420 on: March 16, 2019, 11:02:25 PM »
Another Match Of The Day feature on Salomon. Some player this lad, we've massively missed his presence.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #3421 on: March 16, 2019, 11:13:50 PM »
Looks like we'll be getting £16.5m anyway, either from Newcastle or someone else if Ashley doesn't fork out.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3422 on: March 16, 2019, 11:16:05 PM »
Looks like we'll be getting £16.5m anyway, either from Newcastle or someone else if Ashley doesn't fork out.

Hopefully that somehow lapses, easily worth £25-30 million.

Offline ashdoy

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3423 on: March 16, 2019, 11:31:46 PM »

Hopefully that somehow lapses, easily worth £25-30 million.

Easily.

Benteke, Jimenez, Dack etc all valued much higher. Rondon better than all.
Hoof Hoof! Thats the sound of da Pulis!

Offline OllieTheBaggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3424 on: March 17, 2019, 12:03:14 AM »
He's shown what he can do with a bit of service this season, a seriously class number 9. Was wasted under the dinosaur