West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 553386 times)

Offline caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #1450 on: February 02, 2017, 09:57:10 PM »
wonder if the Chinese will come back in with another offer, they throw silly money at any player they want these days. we are so light in the striker dept but is there a figure that would tempt us to sell? £32m was a crazy amount and it wouldn't surprise me if they increase it. 

Offline barnestormer

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1451 on: February 03, 2017, 07:27:08 PM »
Read somewhere that he risks kidnap at home. Also that his family are not allowed to leave for fear of reprisals against THEIR family.

Not a very pleasant place to be a success Venezuela by all accounts.
Can't be easy relaxed focused fully and playing at the top of his game for the big guy with the worry of safety for his family on his mind constantly and so far away

Offline TheBrom

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1452 on: February 04, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »
Fancy him to get on the score sheet today

Offline Pie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1453 on: February 04, 2017, 05:04:16 PM »
Taken fro the Oatcake after the game

"What a performance from Rondon. That's how you play a lone centre forward role. Sometimes you hold your hands up and say well done."

I love the bloke, does not always make the right decision and he certainly isnt a predatory finisher but in our team he is excellent. Give me a player like this every day of the week over the nonsense we just got rid of.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #1454 on: February 04, 2017, 05:05:31 PM »
He was absolutely superb today. Costa aside there is no one better at the role he plays.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline barnestormer

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1455 on: February 04, 2017, 05:46:55 PM »
Worked tirelessly today with too little support yet again

Offline TheBrom

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1456 on: February 04, 2017, 05:48:22 PM »
As much as he had an ok game today, think he still goes down too easy for a big bloke. Also missed a few decent chances today that you'd fancy him to score.

Showed some good pace towards the end and did everything right for Livermore's chance

Offline Nocky

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1457 on: February 04, 2017, 06:20:19 PM »
Excellent performance today. Such a shame he didn't get the goal his play deserved. His hold up play was different class.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Offline CL3MO

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1458 on: February 04, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »
He was absolutely superb today. Costa aside there is no one better at the role he plays.

Worked really hard but I thought he was poor. Other than his fantastic burst and pass to Livermore, his passing wasn't up to scratch. Still played his part in a solid team win.

Offline boinging_along

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1459 on: February 04, 2017, 06:47:44 PM »
He held the ball up really well today.  Even the stokies are saying the ball stuck to him like glue.

Not sure what happened with the sub but it was the right decision to keep him on. He had a few more bits of work to get through and helped ease the pressure towards the end.

Offline kirk

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1460 on: February 04, 2017, 07:01:40 PM »
Wouldn't it be beneficial to bring his family over ? Could the club help with this ?
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Offline Nocky

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1461 on: February 04, 2017, 07:03:01 PM »
Worked really hard but I thought he was poor. Other than his fantastic burst and pass to Livermore, his passing wasn't up to scratch. Still played his part in a solid team win.

Not sure what game you were watching tbh pal. His hold up play and strength in protecting the balls up to him were superb. The Stoke fans are raving about him on the Oatcake and even Mark Hughes gave him a mention (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04rwyz5).

Not sure what else you want from a lone striker?

"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Offline smosher34

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1462 on: February 04, 2017, 07:35:05 PM »
just needs to put the ball in the net more often , had 2 great chances today .

Offline wba13

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1463 on: February 04, 2017, 08:34:18 PM »
Anyone having ago at this striker is balmy The man puts in a fantastic shift he is the perfect front man for us great team player and agree with the jacko only Costa better in the role he play`s

Offline geoff

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1464 on: February 04, 2017, 08:47:50 PM »
Massive performance by Ron today on how the role "Lone Forward" should be played.
Can i ask if the Played onside rule still apply, i mean he was offside for the goal he scored but it came off a stokie player

What a battle he had with Shawcross to.

Offline wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1465 on: February 04, 2017, 08:49:39 PM »
Anyone who doesn't rate this guy doesn't watch enough football. We won't be able to sign anyone better for the role he plays.

If he was more clinical with his feet then he wouldn't be here, the same reason why Diego Costa isn't.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1466 on: February 04, 2017, 09:15:44 PM »
Was surprised by a couple of fans around me who moaned about him throughout the game. He was being bear hugged by Shawcross and Martins-I most of the game. Sometimes it pays to look at what he does compared to the opposition central attackers....he does put in a hell of a shift and gets us into the right areas.

Offline geoff

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1467 on: February 04, 2017, 09:49:45 PM »
Was surprised by a couple of fans around me who moaned about him throughout the game. He was being bear hugged by Shawcross and Martins-I most of the game. Sometimes it pays to look at what he does compared to the opposition central attackers....he does put in a hell of a shift and gets us into the right areas.

He also brings into play his team mates

Offline timdon

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1468 on: February 04, 2017, 10:08:16 PM »
I honestly cannot understand the criticism of Rondon by some people. He is a completete beast. I read other fans forums after we have played them, just out of interest really, but almost all of them wish they had Rondon. I love the guy

Offline CL3MO

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1469 on: February 05, 2017, 12:33:57 AM »
Not sure what game you were watching tbh pal. His hold up play and strength in protecting the balls up to him were superb. The Stoke fans are raving about him on the Oatcake and even Mark Hughes gave him a mention (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04rwyz5).

Not sure what else you want from a lone striker?

Yeah, and I've read their comments on the Oatcake. He ran after every ball and gave 100% but I just felt he lacked quality in the final third. There were moments when we had great counter attack opportunities but his choice of pass let him down. I do agree though in a team where it really is a 'lone forward', it is thankless task.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1470 on: February 05, 2017, 01:18:52 AM »
Just needs a lucky break and a goal.
O Albion we love you

Offline ashdoy

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1471 on: February 05, 2017, 08:34:25 AM »
Hoof Hoof! Thats the sound of da Pulis!

Offline barnestormer

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1472 on: February 05, 2017, 09:49:50 AM »
Just needs a lucky break and a goal.
He had a terrifically lucky break when he got his hayrick but still didn't kick on,love the guy and his attitude but he will never be any better than what he is now but still a keeper with another forward who is a bit better and will hopefully push him on a bit more

Offline WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #1473 on: February 13, 2017, 06:42:41 PM »
time to give someone else ago
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Offline devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1474 on: February 13, 2017, 06:59:06 PM »
time to give someone else ago